These people don't like how Maiden sound after "Seven Sun", but they also claim that you can't hear his guitar in the mix! :bigsmile: Who's to blame then?

Anyway, happy birthday and keep on rockin'!

And here's some excellent old Janick riffs:

Last edited:
Happy birthday, Janick!
Probably someone should point out to these people that they come across as uptight.
Janick is very fit and his stage presence adds to the energy of a Maiden show. I like it.

Maybe these are the people who irritated me at a recent concert because they really stood there like pillars.
Nergal even told them from the stage that he would like to see a little more movement, ha ha.

Apparently he threw that guitar to the floor from the lighting truss too at that gig.

And he still plays it today. On Iron Maiden.
A true testament to the awesomness of Strats - or, as Janick himself has said, "I use Fenders on stage. They don't break unless you drop them from a great height." It wasn't hard to imagine that he had proved that personally :D

A true testament to the awesomness of Strats - or, as Janick himself has said, "I use Fenders on stage. They don't break unless you drop them from a great height." It wasn't hard to imagine that he had proved that personally :D
Well, ot was re-necked. But, yeah.

Question to the British in here: What regional accent does Janick speak actually? Doesn't sound like a Londoner to my German ears.

Back