Are you aware of this release?

gor said:
White Spirit has currently been reissued by Sanctuary/Castle on a lovely 2cd filled with the whole album and intresting and obscure bonus tracks. Basically, I think it contains pretty much everything WS ever put out. You can check it out by searching the band up at http://www.metal-archives.com/

It was a CD release (so in a way a re-release, maybe not remastered though.).

I ended up purchasing the 2CD version on eBay.  Was a little pricey though...
So my White Spirit disc arrived in the mail the other day and I can't believe how good it is.  It sits alongside any of the earlier Maiden albums quite nicely.

One of the tracks is called Till the Kill and it has the same opening riff as The Mercenary (Gers/Harris)!

Interesting to know that the main riff of The Mercenary came from a 1981(!) song of Janick himself. :)

I haven't heard the rest of the demo tracks yet, we'll see if there's more ! :)

That song and Long Lost Wisdom are the highlights of this demo for me.

Last edited:
Yes!

TheTalisman is the man!!

Awesome solo indeed. *goosebumps* (1st could have been longer though!!)

Last edited:
:hbd: to my favourite of the Amigos! (It's actually a tie with H.) May he grant us many more examples of his excellent writing.

Recently I downloaded old studio demos from White Spirit.

The directory says:
White Spirit - studio demos 17 march 1981

Today I decided to give it a listen.

One of the tracks is called Till the Kill and it has the same opening riff as The Mercenary (Gers/Harris)!

Interesting to know that the main riff of The Mercenary came from a 1981(!) song of Janick himself. :)

I haven't heard the rest of the demo tracks yet, we'll see if there's more ! :)

Janick has created some great songs recycling his own riffs! :lol:

Whte Spirit has currently been reissued by Sanctuary/Castle on a lovely 2cd filled with the whole album and intresting and obscure bonus tracks. Basically, I think it contains pretty much everything WS ever put out. You can check it out by searching the band up at http://www.metal-archives.com/

Got this album years ago. Great stuff. Massively underrated NWOBHM band.

Shared by Ian Gillan Official Site facebook page.

Janick with Gillan in November 1981 wearing a White Spirit t-shirt!

Awards for selling out the Edinburgh Odeon theatre in November '81, when the band played 2 nights there"
Thanks to Tim Summers for the pic and info!

16640549_1462268023797099_8358806041397365407_n.jpg

I once found a Polish website with old family snaps of Janick, and pictures of where he grew up etc

Last edited:
Back