It's hard to say if we'll get a DVD from the Maiden England tour

Wow, I'll add that to my mental list of shady Amazon activities. Alongside the ol' "hey, retail price is $40, we're selling it for $30; you're saving money on this here $30 DVD!"

Or just order it. If it goes down you get the lower price anyway. If you're so skeptical of Amazon that you don't believe this "promise" either, then don't pre-order it. I don't see how it makes any difference --you know when it's released anyway.

Yeah, I'm just going to hold off until it goes into a range I find to be reasonable. I don't want to do a preorder now and hope that they lower the price and give me that, because I prefer to know the exact details of a deal before I get into one. In any case, panic averted.

As you know, I'm sure, a "pre-order" isn't a deal in any meaningful sense; to you, or Amazon. It can be cancelled right up until the order is processed. No money "changes hands" until this time, hence no deal. But I get your point.

This seems common on Amazon, once they list the DVD/CD/LP without the word "import" the prices seem to get reasonable. Best Buy has the same release date and prices as well. The non import version must not have worked it's way into US inventory databases yet

I decided to pre-order even though I am a bit bummed that the dvd is coming out on April 2nd and not March 26th here. That way, when it is released, I know for certain I will have my hands on it even if it is a week later than most. But I do have a plan. On March 26th, just in case there could be a hint of a chance that it might come out that day, I'm going to check my local music store to see if it happens to be there. If I'm able to physically grab it and purchase it right then and there, goodbye Amazon pre-order!

Isn't UME Universal Music? :huh: They've released other DVD's under the same label.

Edit: Oh wait, nevermind. I see what you're talking about. The CD. I guess my mind is more focused on the DVD. :lol:

It's a real label, but if they're releasing this then I'll be surprised.

My guess is that they just put that to fill the space until they have more info. Remember, it's amazon.

Well for the CD it was strange. They had the release date for March 12th and I was thinking that couldn't be right because they can't release it before the main 25th one is released but then it changed to the 26th. There are 2 sets listed on Amazon now. The EMI import ones that are being released on April 2nd and the UME/Xenon ones being released on March 26th. I did pre-order the 26th release DVD but I think I will still go out to the store that day just in case and if something goes wrong then whatever, I'll get the damn thing eventually. I'd just like it more sooner than later...

Back