Is Iron Maiden the biggest metal band in the world right now?

the thing is, ACDC was heavily commercialized. Iron Maiden probably has more "hard core" fans than any other band out there. Album sales usually shows how they fared commercially. Maiden were always ignored in the states for a long time and the USA is a big place with BIG potential for millions of sales..... if you fail to capture the states, you usually don't fare well in sales

I think in the USA Metallica is bigger band than Maiden by a fair margin. In America Metallica has the mainstream appeal since Black Album and today I feel their 80's albums are much more popular than 80's Maiden albums, while Maiden never had the mainstream appeal and they never sold a huge amount of their albums.
Outside of the US, it's a different thing, Maiden is popular as much as Metallica. In the UK they are definitely bigger than Metallica.

Even if Metallica is more popular band, they are not beloved and respected band as Maiden by metal fans.

The most popular would likely be Metallica in terms of pure sales/ongoing media exposure. Black Sabbath probably retains the title of most respected.

I think Maiden is the "most envied". Millions in the bank, sold out world wide arena tours in every corner of the globe, no major personnel drama as of late, well received new albums, and anonymity when they're off the road.

Iron Maiden is the biggest band...

...in my world, anyways. It's the only one that matters to me.

Secretly, I have a feeling that it's Buckethead who's pulling the music world's strings. We just don't know it yet.

Yes, but they're shit, so they don't count.

They wear cool creepy masks, at least.

tumblr_nc37aqU7Zp1rz1e3jo1_1280.gif

Back