Is Iron Maiden the biggest metal band in the world right now?

Wasn't that more of a "return to form" than anything else?

No way. I'm almost entirely sure Steve was glad with Blaze's efforts, he fit right into the style he was taking the band to anyway. If it wasn't for lacklustre album sales and Bruce's intention to come back, they'd carry on with Blaze.

X Factor is brilliant - But Virtual XI is a rollercoaster ride. Only thing that makes it better than NPFTD is that it has higher peaks (Lightning Strikes Twice is awesome - And more so The Clansman).

BNW though, is my favorite Maiden album.

I think Metallica is right now.
e bands that are constantly growing, is Iron Maiden, Metallica, and especially Megadeth

Pretty much, at least they are the biggest one that gets the most respect from metalheads. Technically I think Metallica is the most successful based on tickets, album sales, and so forth, but there's tons of metalheads who cynically claim that they "sold out", and that Maiden worked very hard to achieve the success that they have today.

Pretty much, at least they are the biggest one that gets the most respect from metalheads. Technically I think Metallica is the most successful based on tickets, album sales, and so forth, but there's tons of metalheads who cynically claim that they "sold out", and that Maiden worked very hard to achieve the success that they have today.

Metallica was apart of the "commercially successful" bands in the states.... They had more sales stateside than anywhere else.... that is one reason they have many more sales. They were more commercially covered. Maiden was away from tv, movies, ect. by choice and remained loyal to fans and their true form regardless of the direction in which music went. Maiden's album sales in the states are really good and I have the billboard figures from what the sales were as of 1998 world wide.....

Maiden and Metallica are the biggest. No others come close. If you include hard rock as well, then AC/DC would come in 3rd.

AC/DC have sold around 200 million records where Iron Maiden barely (if they do) reach 100 million. It's not even close.

AC/DC is r'n'r and hard rock elements mixture with (sometimes) metallic production of the sound quality: As stated Young Bros "WE ARE NOT F***ING METAL!". Iron Maiden is prog influenced heavy - see the difference. I think IM is close to 100 mln sales of all albums (including live and compils too) worldwide sales nowadays - second in the row to 'Tallica achievement. We must admit Americans are more "mainstraem - friendly" institution in comparition with Brits. When we're talking 'baut the statistics we must remaind the data context and market specifications. :edmetal:

That's crazy. They're not the biggest metal band right now. I wish, and they are big, and IMO doing their best work right now. But no. I'd say Metallica is ;p It's true.

I'm expecting a big Judas Priest comeback. They're gonna surprise people with an amazing album and be HUGE!!!

I'm expecting a big Judas Priest comeback. They're gonna surprise people with an amazing album and be HUGE!!!

I doubt this but it would be great. And another "farewell tour" perhaps ;). Oh, the dreams.

Maiden could be the biggest band in terms of fans. A newbie will probably name Metallica and AC/DC before Maiden but the latter one has the most true listeners, I think.

Maiden could be the biggest band in terms of fans. A newbie will probably name Metallica and AC/DC before Maiden but the latter one has the most true listeners, I think.

O yea bro, but what does "true listener" mean? Like are u more of a "true listener" than me?!1

I think he meant "non casual".

Nah, it means someone who really hears and feels the music maaan. Like, you don't just listen, you actually hear it and it gets inside your soul! You can appreciate all the complexities and intricacies of all the material, you just want more and more! You're a true belieber who just always needs more!

Well yes, Crimson gets the point, although a little exaggerated. A "true listener" is one who can analyse their music, knows band members and their discography etc.

Is AC/DC considered a Metal band? I'v always thought of them more as a hard rock band.

Tool is a metal band. Evertime they release a new album it hits #1 and does amazing sales.

Also a perfect circle, if you consider them a metal band. They're newest single is very popular and is on the radio constantly.

Exactly, AC/DC is strictly R'n'R / Hard Rock band - NO METAL AT ALL. Young Bros state they're "just Rock 'n Roll band"...

Back