Is Iron Maiden the biggest metal band in the world right now?

Except poor Cliff.
The most painful transition in Metallica discography is Dyers Eve -> Enter Sandman. From hit to shit in 5 seconds.

Metallica is bigger which is absurd considering their decline musically. Lars can't play and Kirk has absolutely lost it. On the other hand Maiden have aged brilliantly losing only a little intensity and pace. But then again most people don't recognize details in music and have s very black/white look on things.

Lars is OK now, at least from what I've heard on official lives of this tour. Kirk on the other hand...

The Metallica, Volbeat and AS tour in the US this past summer was huge. I wonder what bands Iron Maiden would have to bring along to fill the same places. Judas Priest and Saxon?

In terms of ticket sales, for the time being, the reunion has once again made Guns 'n' Roses the biggest metal band in the world, at least for the past couple years. But it's temporary.

Metallica is still bigger than Maiden in most parts of the world. I doubt it's even close. But Maiden is bigger now than they have ever been.

Guns N Roses are a Metal band? :confused:
Oh yawn, not the genre police again. Rather than get into yet another tiresome and stupid debate about what is "metal" -- to me, of COURSE G'n'R is a metal band. But YMMV. Please take a moment to listen to an expert and don't be a weenie:

If you go by Facebook, AC/DC and Metallica have more likes than Iron Maiden. But Maiden is a lot more popular than Judas Priest, the band it is usually compared to .

Metallica is the biggest metal band, Black Sabbath is the "greatest" metal band, Judas Priest is the most iconic metal band, Slayer is the most hardcore metal band, Megadeth is the most fanned metal band, Cannibal Corpse is the most gruesome metal band, Death is the wisest metal band, System of a Down is the most hip metal band, Sabaton is the most war-enfused metal band, Helloween is the metal band that wants out, Mayhem is the most black metal band, King Diamond is the most HIIIIIIGH metal band, and Saxon is working man's NWOBHM.

But above all these, Iron Maiden.

I feel like JP were never that big in this parts of Europe. They haven't done many shows, actually only 1 I can think of and resolve by quick Google. Back in the day when all the metalheads hung out together, there was a single girl whose favourite band was JP, against dozens of other people who cited something else. I remember when she told me, I was like "Judas Priest, really?", it was just a weird choice to me.

They don't chart here, and they cancel shows. It's really, really weird. As much as this proves that Maiden are globally far larger than JP ever was, it's really not fair. Simply not everything is in music, there's whole market part with promotions, shows, etc. even if you're not a mainstream band, you still got an audience to reach.

Back