Iron Maiden's worst song (AKA the Head to Head results thread)

Dont agree with aparittion being last neither chains of misery,agree with weekend warrior.What about quest for fire,dont look to the eyes of stranger,and also as i said before last songs from Dance of death.

The rankings here depend on the opinion of many people and it is obvious that it's impossible for everybody to agree. However, just as you seem to hate the last few songs on Dance of Death, I personally find them better than those you have mentioned above.

The rankings here depend on the opinion of many people and it is obvious that it's impossible for everybody to agree. However, just as you seem to hate the last few songs on Dance of Death, I personally find them better than those you have mentioned above.
I know,yes for me is weird the Fear of the dark hate,as i said before the album was a succes back in 92.Maybe the album didnt grow old good and new fans didnt like it.Its just weird for me,i know aparittion and weekend warriror are not good tunes,i agree with weekend warrior is awful.But the fugutive,chains of misery,fear is the key,almost 50% of fear of the dark is at the back of the list.I think no prayer for the dying has worst tunes,with worst lyrics than fear of the dark album.I tell you no lies,in 90s no prayer for the dying was the bad album and Fear of the dark a good album.

But this is reflected here, as well. The rankings clearly show that Fear of the Dark is preferred over No Prayer. It's just that other albums, Dance of Death including, are better liked than these two. There are a few songs on DoD that can be defined as average, very much like Fear of the Dark. But songs like Dance of Death, Paschendale and Rainmaker make it more enjoyable overall, in my opinion.

But this is reflected here, as well. The rankings clearly show that Fear of the Dark is preferred over No Prayer. It's just that other albums, Dance of Death including, are better liked than these two. There are a few songs on DoD that can be defined as average, very much like Fear of the Dark. But songs like Dance of Death, Paschendale and Rainmaker make it more enjoyable overall, in my opinion.

And afraid to shoot strangers,and be quick or be dead? i think the problem with fear of the dark is that has being played live till some of fans started to hate the song.

That's true. I love both Afraid to Shoot Strangers and Childhood's End and I like Be Quick and Judas..., but I admit I sometimes skip Fear of the Dark.
Still, this never happens to Hallowed ... or Iron Maiden, regardless of how many times I've heard them.

I'd like to see ATSS and TTAL get a massive boost to the top 10. I love most of the songs that went this round, but I'm not surprised, and there are better songs, so I'm fine with the rest of the songs. I would place 23:58 lower, though. I've never been a huge fan of the song for some reason.

I think Hallowed will win the whole thing, but I'd be pleased if Rime won. My favorite Maiden song. :)

To Tame a Land should've been way higher, The Prisoner also should've been higher.

By the way Rime will win it all, sorry if I'm spoiling it. If I'm not mistaken it beat Hallowed in their matchup.

Album popularity based on Maiden(fan)'s 123 least good album selections (organized by mckindog; summer 2012):
The popularity coefficient was calculated as follows: I added up the position numbers of the songs and divided them by the amount of used selections per album. E.g.: No Prayer for the Dying: 1011 / 10 = 101,10

01. Somewhere in Time (34,88)
02. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (41,63)
03. Powerslave (47,88)
04. Piece of Mind (52,67)
05. Brave New World (56,50)
06. The Number of the Beast (57,00)
07. The Final Frontier (60,60)
08. A Matter of Life and Death (62,60)
09. Iron Maiden (69,33)
10. Killers (80,20)
11. Dance of Death (85,64)
12. The X-Factor (90,82)
13. Virtual XI (95,00)
14. No Prayer for the Dying (101,10)
15. Fear of the Dark (102,25)

Powerslave enters top 3. TXF and No Prayer switch with their successors.

Album popularity based on Maiden(fan)'s 123 least good album selections (organized by mckindog; summer 2012):
The popularity coefficient was calculated as follows: I added up the position numbers of the songs and divided them by the amount of used selections per album. E.g.: No Prayer for the Dying: 1011 / 10 = 101,10

01. Somewhere in Time (34,88)
02. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (41,63)
03. Powerslave (47,88)
04. Piece of Mind (52,67)
05. Brave New World (56,50)
06. The Number of the Beast (57,00)
07. The Final Frontier (60,60)
08. A Matter of Life and Death (62,60)
09. Iron Maiden (69,33)
10. Killers (80,20)
11. Dance of Death (85,64)
12. The X-Factor (90,82)
13. Virtual XI (95,00)
14. No Prayer for the Dying (101,10)
15. Fear of the Dark (102,25)

Powerslave enters top 3. TXF and No Prayer switch with their successors.

Dont get me wrong,you are doing a great job.

Into the top 20

144) The Apparition
(S: none, W: none, L: 2 a.m., Age of Innocence, Hooks in You, Wildest Dreams, Chains of Misery)
143) Chains of Misery
(S: none W: The Apparition L: Bring Your Daughter, The Unbeliever, Angel and the Gambler, Weekend Warrior)
142) Weekend Warrior
(S: none, W: Chains of Misery, L: Eyes of a Stranger, Back in the Village, Gangland, Wildest Dreams)
141) Wildest Dreams
(S: none, W: The Apparition, Weekend Warrior L: The Assassin, The Mercenary, The Fallen Angel)
140) Angel and the Gambler
(S: none, W: Chains of Misery, L: Quest For Fire, Fear is the Key, Gangland, Hooks in You)
139) Hooks in You
(S: none, W: The Apparition, Angel and the Gambler L: Judgement of Heaven, Gates of Tomorrow, The Assassin)
138) The Assassin
(S: none, W: Wildest Dreams, Hooks in You L: Can I Play With Madness, Sanctuary, Gangland)
137) Gangland
(S: none, W: Weekend Warrior, Angel and the Gambler, Assassin L: Different World, Innocent Exile)
136) Fear is The Key
(S: one round, W: Angel and the Gambler, L: Final Frontier, From Here to Eternity, Quest For Fire, Iron Maiden, The Fugitive)
135) The Fugitive
(S: none, W: Fear is the Key, L: Tailgunner, Judgement of Heaven, New Frontier, Age of Innocence, Eyes of a Stranger, Gates of Tomorrow)
134) Iron Maiden
(S: one round, W: Fear is the Key, L: Face in the Sand, The Alchemist, 2 a.m., Fallen Angel, Holy Smoke, Gates of Tomorrow)
133) Gates of Tomorrow
(S: none, W: Hooks in You, The Fugitive, Iron Maiden L: Man Who Would Be King, When Two Worlds Collide, Another Life)
132) Don’t Look to the Eyes of a Stranger
(S: none, W: The Fugitive, Weekend Warrior L: Como Estais Amigos, Fates Warning, Back in the Village, Another Life, Quest For Fire)
131) Quest for Fire
(S: none, W: Angel and the Gambler, Fear is the Key, Don’t Look to the Eyes of a Stranger L: The Journeyman, Lightning Strikes Twice, The Unbeliever, Holy Smoke)

130) Another Life
(S: one round,, W: Gates of Tomorrow, Don’t Look to the Eyes of a Stranger L: Déjà vu, Different World, Look for the Truth, Innocent Exile, Holy Smoke)
129) Holy Smoke
(S: one round, W: Iron Maiden, Quest For Fire, Another Life L: Only the Good Die Young, Can I Play With Madness, Invaders, Sanctuary)
128) Drifter
(S: one round, W: From Here to Eternity, L: Virus, Final Frontier, Back in the Village, Losfer Words, Invaders, Innocent Exile)
127) Innocent Exile
(S: none W: Gangland, Another Life, Drifter L: Losfer Words, Fates Warning, From Here to Eternity, Look For The Truth)
126) Look for the Truth
(S: one round, W: Another Life, Innocent Exile L: El Dorado, Out of the Shadows, The Unbeliever, Age of Innocence, Invaders)
125) Invaders
(S: one round, W: Holy Smoke, Drifter, Look For the Truth L: Thin Line, The Mercenary, When Two Worlds Collide, Sanctuary)
124) From Here to Eternity
(S: one round, W; Fear is the Key, Innocent Exile, L: Sun and Steel, Bring Your Daughter, Drifter, New Frontier, Age of Innocence, Sanctuary)
123) Sanctuary
(S: none W: The Assassin, Holy Smoke, Invaders, From Here to Eternity L: The Alchemist, Lightning Strike Twice, Losfer Words)
122) Age of Innocence
(S: none W: The Apparition, The Fugitive, Look For the Truth, From Here to Eternity L: When Two Worlds Collide, 2 a.m.)
121) Losfer Words
(S: none W: Innocent Exile, When Two Worlds Collide, Drifter, Sanctuary, Age of Innocence L: Heaven Can Wait, Fallen Angel)

120) New Frontier
(S: one round, W: The Fugitive, From Here to Eternity, L: The Aftermath, Man Who Would Be King, Different World, The Mercenary, Como Estais Amigos, 2 a.m.)
119) 2 a.m.
(S: none W: The Apparition, Iron Maiden, Age of Innocence, New Frontier L: Fortunes of War, Heaven Can Wait, Judgement of Heaven, The Pilgrim)
118) Como Estais Amigos
(S: one round, W: Eyes of a Stranger, New Frontier L: Montsegur, The Prophecy, Lightning Strikes Twice, Bring Your Daughter, The Pilgrim)
117) The Pilgrim
(S: none W: The Fallen Angel, Lightning Strikes Twice, 2 a.m. Como Estais Amigos L: Journeyman, The Unbeliever, The Fallen Angel*)
116) Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter
(S: none W: Chains of Misery, From Here to Eternity, Como Estais Amigos L: Final Frontier, Fates Warning, The Mercenary, Judgement of Heaven)
115) Judgement of Heaven
(S: none W: Hooks in You, The Fugitive, 2 a.m., Bring Your Daughter L: The Man Who Would Be King, Back in the Village, The Fallen Angel)
114) The Fallen Angel
(S: none W: Wildest Dreams, Iron Maiden, Losfer Words, The Pilgrim* Judgement of Heaven L: The Pilgrim, Fortunes of War, The Mercenary)
113) The Mercenary
(S: none W: Wildest Dreams, Invaders, Can I Play With Madness, New Frontier, Bring Your Daughter, The Fallen Angel L: When Two Worlds Collide)
112) The Educated Fool
(S: one round, W: When Two Worlds Collide, Heaven Can Wait, L: Mother of Mercy, Fates Warning, Lightning Strikes Twice, Fortunes of War, The Unbeliever)
111) The Unbeliever
(S: none W; Chains of Misery, Quest For Fire, Look For the Truth,The Pilgrim, The Educated Fool L: Out of the Shadows, Out of the Shadows* Heaven Can Wait, When Two World’s Collide)

110) When Two Worlds Collide
(S: none W: Age of Innocence, Gates of Tomorrow, Invaders, The Mercenary The Unbeliever L: Educated Fool, Losfer Words, The Final Frontier, Can I Play With Madness, Fortunes of War)
109) Fortunes of War
(S: one round, W: 2 a.m., Fallen Angel, The Educated Fool, When Two Worlds Collide L: Flash of the Blade, The Alchemist, The Journeyman, Back in the Village)
108) Lightning Strikes Twice
(S: one round, W: Quest for Fire, Sanctuary, Como Estais Amigos, The Educated Fool, L: Lord of Light, The Pilgrim, The Prophecy, Back in the Village, Can I Play With Madness)
107) Can I Play With Madness
(S: none W: The Assassin, Holy Smoke, When Two Worlds Collide, Lightning Strikes Twice L: The Mercenary, Different World, Heaven Can Wait)
106) Back in the Village
(S: none W: Weekend Warrior, Eyes of a Stranger, Drifter, Judgement of Heaven, Fortunes of War, Lightning Strikes Twice L: The Prophecy, Man Who Would Be King, Heaven Can Wait)
105) Heaven Can Wait
(S: one round, W: Losfer Words, 2 a.m. The Unbeliever, Can I Play With Madness, Back in the Village L: Total Eclipse, The Educated Fool, The Alchemist)
104) Tailgunner
(S: one round, W: The Fugitive, L: The Aftermath, The Alchemist, Sun and Steel, Mother of Mercy, Fates Warning)
103) Fates Warning
(S: one round, W: Eyes of a Stranger, Innocent Exile, Bring Your Daughter, The Educated Fool, Tailgunner L: Out of the Silent Planet, The Prophecy, Thin Line, Journeyman, Montsegur)
102) Montsegur
(S: one round, W: Como Estais Amigos, Fates Warning L: Out of the Silent Planet, The Man Who Would Be King, Face in the Sand)
101) Mother of Mercy
(S: one round, W: The Educated Fool, Tailgunner L: Total Eclipse, Different World, The Prophecy)

100) Face in the Sand
(S: one round, W: Iron Maiden, Montsegur, L: El Dorado, Out of the Shadows, Journeyman, Sun and Steel)
99) Sun and Steel
(S: one round, W: From Here to Eternity, Tailgunner, Face in the Sand L: Virus, Final Frontier, The Prophecy)
98) Journeyman
(S: one round, W: Quest For Fire, The Pilgrim, Fortunes of War, Fates Warning, Face in the Sand L: Moonchild. Déjà vu, The Prophecy)
97) The Prophecy
(S: none W: Back in the Village, Fates Warning, Como Estais Amigos, Lightning Strikes Twice, Mother of Mercy, Sun and Steel, The Journeyman L: Lord of Light)
96) Charlotte The Harlot
(S: two rounds W: none L: Moonchild, Virus, Public Enema Number One, Twilight Zone, Blood on the World’s Hands)
95) Blood on the World’s Hands
(S: two rounds W: Charlotte the Harlot, L: El Dorado, Wasting Love, Lord of Light, The Aftermath)
94) Twilight Zone
(S: two rounds W: Charlotte the Harlot, L: Only the Good Die Young, Thin Line, Childhoods End, The Aftermath)
93) The Aftermath
(S: one round, W: New Frontier, Tailgunner, Blood on the World’s Hands, Twilight Zone L: Déjà vu, Man on the Edge, Judas Be My Guide)
92) Childhood’s End
(S: two rounds W; Twilight Zone L: Moonchild, Different World, Public Enema, Judas Be My Guide)
91) Judas Be My Guide
(S: two rounds W: The Aftermath, Childhood’s End L: Only the Good, The Final Frontier, Lord of Light)

90) Public Enema Number One
(S: two rounds W: Charlotte the Harlot, Childhood’s End L: Déjà vu, The Alchemist, Lord of Light)
89) Lord of Light
(S: one round, W: Lightning Strikes Twice, The Prophecy, Blood on the World Hands, Judas Be My Guide, Public Enema Number One
L: Moonchild, Only the Good Die Young, Out of the Shadows)
88) The Alchemist
(S: none W: Sanctuary, Iron Maiden, Fortunes of War, Heaven Can Wait, Tailgunner, Public Enema L: Total Eclipse, Thin Line, Virus, The Final Frontier)
87) Final Frontier
(S: none W: Fear is the Key, Drifter, Bring Your Daughter, When Two Worlds Collide, Sun and Steel, Judas Be My Guide, The Alchemist L: Out of the Silent Planet, Man on the Edge, Different World)
86) Virus
(S: two rounds W: Drifter, Sun and Steel, Charlotte the Harlot, The Alchemist L: Man Who Would Be King, Wasting Love, Different World)
85) Different World
(S: none W: Gangland, Another Life, New Frontier, Can I Play With Madness, Mother of Mercy, The Final Frontier, Virus L: Out of the Shadows, El Dorado, Out of the Shadows*)
84) Wasting Love
(S: two rounds W; Blood on the World’s Hands, Virus L: Déjà vu, Thin Line, Out of the Shadows)
83) Out of the Shadows
(S: none W: The Unbeliever, Look For the Truth, Different World, The Unbeliever*, Face in the Sand, Lord of Light, Different World* Wasting Love L: Moonchild, Man on the Edge)
82) Man on the Edge
(S: two rounds, W; The Aftermath, The Final Frontier Out of the Shadows L: Out of the Silent Planet, Thin Line)
81) Thin Line:
(S: one round, W: Invaders, Fates Warning, Twilight Zone, The Alchemist, Wasting Love, Man on the Edge L: Only the Good Die Young, Flash of The Blade)

80) Edge of Darkness
(S: two rounds W: none L: Flash of the Blade, Mother Russia, The Man Who Would Be King, Run to the Hills))
79) Run to the Hills
(S: two rounds W: Edge of Darkness L: El Dorado, Total Eclipse, No More Lies)
78) Man Who Would Be King
(S: none W: Gate of Tomorrow, New Frontier, Judgement of Heaven, Back in the Village, Montsegur, Virus, Edge of Darkness L: The Nomad, Be Quick or Be Dead, No More Lies)
77) No More Lies
(S: two rounds W: Run to the Hills, Man Who Would Be King L: Total Eclipse, The Nomad)
76) Be Quick or be Dead
(S: three rounds W; The Man Who Would Be King L: Flash of the Blade, Mother Russia, Total Eclipse)
75) Total Eclipse
(S: one round, W: Heaven Can Wait, Mother of Mercy, The Alchemist, No More Lies, Run to the Hills, Be Quick or Be Dead L: Sea of Madness, The Nomad)
74) Mother Russia
(S: two rounds W: Edge of Darkness, Be Quick or Be Dead L: Out of the Silent Planet, Nomad)
73) Nomad
(S: two rounds W: The Man Who Would Be King, No More Lies, Total Eclipse, Mother Russia L: Loneliness)
72) Run Silent Run Deep
(S: three rounds W: none L: Moonchild, Sea of Madness, The Duellists, Running Free)
71) Running Free
(S: four rounds W: Run Silent, Run Deep L: El Dorado, Out of the Silent Planet, Lord of the Flies)

70) The Duellists
(S: three rounds W: Run Silent, Run Deep L: Only the Good, The Legacy, Lord of the Flies)
69) Lord of the Flies
(S: four rounds W: Running Free, The Duellists L: Flash of the Blade, Purgatory)
68) Purgatory
(S: three rounds W; Lord of the Flies, L: Déjà vu, Out of the Silent Planet, The Legacy)
67) The Legacy
(S: four rounds W: The Duellists, Purgatory L: Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, Sea of Madness)
66) Out of the Silent Planet
(S: one round W: Fates Warning, Montsegur, The Final Frontier, Man on the Edge, Mother Russia, Running Free, Purgatory L: Flight of Icarus, Sea of Madness)
65) Sea of Madness
(S: two rounds W: Total Eclipse, Running Silent, The Legacy, Out of the Silent Planet L: Die With Your Boots On)
64) Genghis Khan
(S: six rounds L: Only the Good Die Young, El Dorado, Prodigal Son, Strange World)
63) Strange World
(S: five rounds W: Genghis Khan L: Die With Your Boots On, For the Greater Good of God, The Talisman)
62) Prodigal Son
(S: six rounds W: Genghis Khan L: Flash of the Blade, Déjà vu, The Talisman)
61) The Talisman
(S: five rounds W: Strange World, Prodigal Son L: Moonchild, Coming Home)

60) El Dorado
(S: one round W: Look for the Truth, Face in the Sand, Different World, Blood on the World’s Hands, Run to the Hills, Running Free, Genghis Khan L: Where Eagles Dare, Déjà vu, For the Greater Good of God)
59) For the Greater Good of God
(S: five rounds W; Strange World, El Dorado L: Flight of Icarus, Coming Home)
58) Déjà vu
(S: one round W: Another Life, Journeyman The Aftermath, Wasting Love, Public Enema, Purgatory, Prodigal Son, El Dorado L: Flash of the Blade, The Longest Day, Coming Home)
57) Coming Home
(S: five rounds W: The Talisman, For the Greater Good Déjà vu L: Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner)
56) Flash of the Blade
(S: one round W: Fortunes of War, Déjà vu, Thin Line, Edge of Darkness, Be Quick or Be Dead, Lord of the Flies, Prodigal Son L: Murders in the Rue Morgue, Only the Good Die Young, Wrathchild, Prowler)
55) Prowler
(S: seven rounds W: Flash of the Blade L: Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, The Longest Day, Die With Your Boots On)
54) Die With Your Boots On
(S: three rounds W: Sea of Madness, Strange World, Prowler L: The Prisoner, Flight of Icarus, Wrathchild)
53) Ides of March/Wrathchild
(S: seven rounds W: Flash of the Blade, Die With Your Boots On L: Where Eagles Dare, Rainmaker)
52) Only the Good Die Young:
(S: one round W: Holy Smoke, Thin Line, Lord of Light, Judas Be My Guide, Twilight Zone, The Duellists, Genghis Khan, Flash of the Blade L: 22 Acacia Avenue, Rainmaker, Flight of Icarus)
51) Flight of Icarus
(S: four rounds W: Out of the Silent Planet, For the Greater Good of God, Die With Your Boots On, Only the Good Die Young L: Transylvania, The Longest Day)

50) The Longest Day
(S: five rounds W: Déjà vu, Prowler, Flight of Icarus L: Dream of Mirrors, Rainmaker)
49) Rainmaker
(S: seven rounds W: Wrathchild, Only the Good Die Young, The Longest Day L: Moonchild)
48) Transylvania
(S: 10 rounds W: Flight of Icarus L: Still Life, Dream of Mirrors, No Prayer for the Dying)
47) 22 Acacia Avenue
(S: seven rounds W: Only the Good Die Young, L: Alexander the Great, Where Eagles Dare, The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg)
46) No Prayer for the Dying
(S: finalist W: Transylvania, L: Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, Murders in the Rue Morgue)
45) The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
(S: nine rounds W; 22 Acacia Avenue L: The Prisoner, Moonchild)
44) Murders in the Rue Morgue
(S: nine rounds W: Flash of the Blade, No Prayer For The Dying L: The Clairvoyant, Dream of Mirrors)
43) Where Eagles Dare
(S: five rounds W: El Dorado, Wrathchild,22 Acacia Avenue L: Blood Brothers, Moonchild)
42) Moonchild
(S: one round W: Journeyman, Lord of Light, Out of the Shadows, Childhood’s End, Charlotte the Harlot, Run Silent, Run Deep, The Talisman, Rainmaker, Breeg, Where Eagles Dare L: The Trooper)
41) Dream of Mirrors
(S: seven rounds W: The Longest Day, Transylvania, Murders in the Rue Morgue L: Stranger in a Strange Land)

40) Futureal
(S: finalist L: The Prisoner, The Trooper, When the Wild Wind Blow)
39) Still Life
(S: 24 rounds W: Transylvania, L: Killers, Remember Tomorrow, Fear of the Dark)
38) When the Wild Wind Blows
(S: finalist W: Futureal L: Alexander, Clairvoyant
37) Fear of the Dark
(S: finalist W; Still Life L: Stranger in a Strange Land, Isle of Avalon)
36) Isle of Avalon
(S: finalist W: Fear of the Dark L: Blood Brothers, Remember Tomorrow)
35) The Clairvoyant
(S: 16 rounds W: Murders, Where the Wild Wind Blows L: Afraid to Shoot Strangers, The Trooper )
34) Remember Tomorrow
(S: finalist W: Still Life, Isle of Avalon L: Loneliness)
33) The Trooper
(S: 19 rounds W: Moonchild, Futureal, The Clairvoyant L: Ghost of the Navigator)
32) Killers
(S: finalist W: Still Life, L: Number of the Beast, Blood Brothers, Ghost of the Navigator)
31) These Colours Don’t Run
(S: finalist L: Alexander, Loneliness, Two Minutes to Midnight)

30) Two Minutes to Midnight
(S: finalist W: These Colours Don’t Run L: Afraid to Shoot Strangers, The Prisoner)
29) Ghost of the Navigator
(S: finalist W: Trooper, Killers L: Starblind, Stranger in a Strange Land)
28) The Prisoner
(S: seven rounds W: Die With Your Boots On, The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg, Futureal, 2 Minutes to Midnight L: Children of the Damned, Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner)
27) Blood Brothers
(S: 15 rounds W: Where Eagles Dare, Isle of Avalon, Killers L: The Wickerman, Stranger in a Strange Land)
26) Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
(S: two rounds W: Nomad, Coming Home, Prowler, No Prayer For The Dying, Remember Tomorrow, These Colours Don’t Run, The Prisoner L: To Tame A Land)
25) Stranger in a Strange Land
(S: 26 rounds W: Dream of Mirrors, Fear of the Dark, Ghost of the Navigator, Blood Brothers L: Seventh Son of a Seventh Son)
24) To Tame A Land
(S: finalist W: Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, L: The Clansman, Alexander, The Wickerman)
23) Afraid to Shoot Strangers
(S: finalist W: The Clairvoyant, Two Minutes to Midnight, L: Revelations, Brighter of a Thousand Suns, Number of the Beast)
22) Number of the Beast
(S: finalist W: Killers, Afraid to Shoot Strangers L: Sign of the Cross, Brave New World)
21) The Wickerman
(S: finalist W: Blood Brothers, To Tame A Land L: The Evil That Men Do)

20) Brave New World
(S: finalist W: Number of the Beast L: Seventh Son, Thousand Suns)
19) Starblind
(S: finalist W: Ghost of the Navigator, Wickerman L: Wasted Years, Alexander)
18) Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
(S: finalist W; Afraid to Shoot Strangers, Brave New World L: Children of the Damned)
17) Alexander the Great
(S: 19 rounds W: 22 Acacia Avenue, When the Wild Wind Blows, These Colours Don’t Run, To Tame a Land, Starblind L: Aces High)
16) Children of the Damned
(S: finalist W: The Prisoner, Brighter Than A Thousand Suns, L: Paschendale, The Clansman, Sign of the Cross)
15) Wasted Years
(S: finalist W: Starblind, L: Rime, Starblind, Dance of Death, Aces High)
14) Sign of the Cross
(S: finalist W: Number of the Beast, L: Powerslave, Evil That Men Do)
13) Aces High
(S: finalist W: Alexander, Wasted Years L: Caught Somewhere in Time, Seventh Son)
12) The Clansman
(S: finalist W: To Tame A Land, Children of the Damned L: Phantom of the Opera, Evil That Men Do)
11) Dance of Death
(S: finalist W: Wasted Years L: Revelations, Seventh Son)

Few will be shocked these songs are in the top 20.
Many will be disappointed to see personal favourites that didn't crack the top 10.

Top league. I'm glad that The Clansman has been appreciated that much. It is even surprising. High rank for a song from such disliked album. 20-11 is pretty fine, but I expected Wasted Years, Aces High and Alexander the Great to hit top 10, though.

For a moment I was shocked, because I didn't notice that S15... TFF is already gone, and thought it's going to make it into top 10... I would be really happy, because I like this song so much. There was time I could say it's my favourite Maiden song ever. I wouldn't say it now, but i love it still.

Back