Iron Maiden video interviews / shows

Alrighty then, I will try to copy both discs directories. And while I wrote this it actually seems that first disc got successfully copied to the hard drive without errors.
These are Verbatim dvd:s and from date it seems that they are from 2007. Maybe the program earlier found errors from disc#1 but both discs are now copied.
I remember those days when I was more active in the trading circles, if there was some new release on the internet, the download sometimes had only the 2 directories (AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS) so they always didn't feature disc image or anything like that.
@Zare I will post the links to you later. Also if anybody else wants these let me know.

Last edited:
Thank you very much! I'll send you my bootleg list, if there is anything you've been missing.
I thought about making a topic for Iron Maiden and releated bootleg lists, from people who are willing to share digitally. I might put it there too.

That Nicko Heaven Can Wait @ X Factour fuckup is epic, he completely slaughtered the flow of the song. I've been wanting these DVDs for this kind of stuff :)

I'm halfway through disc 1 - there's no copyrighted material here, only audience bootlegs. I don't see why this isn't on YT and I'll try to get it up as soon as possible.

That entire tour.

He was a bit rusty on the second show of the tour (I was there), but once they got to Download he sang at a very high level for the rest of the tour (he was great when I saw the band in Madrid later on the tour). Bruce was absolutely phenomenal from 1997 to 2009.

@Zare or anybody else reading this:

According to wikipedia, in 1999, Maiden played 3 gigs without Adrian Smith, because he had to go back to England because his father had died.
If 3 is correct then these are the concerts in question?

18 July 1999Boston, MassachusettsUnited StatesOrpheum Theatre
20 July 1999TorontoCanadaMassey Hall
21 July 1999Cleveland, OhioUnited StatesPlain Dealer Pavilion

Suddenly the band had to play with the 1990-1993 line-up again. Some years ago some of us (at least I ;--) ) were in awe hearing Janick doing solos in songs like Killers, Aces High and Powerslave. Very rare stuff. We could hear this on the bootleg of Boston.

Here is a bad sounding video recording of the Toronto gig.
Still I thought it could be interesting because I thought we can see Janick doing that stuff. But no! The cameraman does not film Janick during these three solos. He fell asleep during Killers(!) (black image, probably put his camera down) and he films other band members during his Aces High and Powerslave solos.

But was it three gigs without Adrian? I'm listening to the Cleveland gig and I clearly hear Adrian here. Or: is this the Cleveland concert?
Something is not correct.
EDIT: I just heard Wrathchild and yes, it is Cleveland (hear Bruce afterwards)!

According to The Iron Maiden Commentary the three gigs in question are the 2nd New York gig, Boston and Toronto. But clearly Stranger was played at the 2nd NY gig. Adrian was there.

So... I'd say, Adrian was absent for TWO gigs, not three.

Boston and Toronto.

Last edited:
Huh, interesting, I'll also recheck if those boots are duplicate.

About the lowered camera, the guy probably hid it from venue security. The very good Dortmund 2006 bootleg has these moments and the author captioned them so we know what's going on.

Edit : thanks for the tip about relistening these due to Janick's involvement. I did listen back some time ago to Wasted Years from one of those shows and he did a very good job.

Here's a partial list from one of the guys on DC++, Toronto and Boston are clearly labeled without Adrian and there are multiple versions of Cleveland meaning there's basically no chance of it being from another date (as you say Bruce says the name of the city which is almost bulletproof evidence - even with no multiple dates at same town he could fuck up the name of the city)

The V1 bootleg has covers which you can see here :

Seems nothing out of ordinary. Wikipedia is wrong.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    227.4 KB · Views: 16
Wow what the fuck....

Interview with Clive Burr and Dennis Stratton, backstage after their first Dutch gig!
I really like it, it is insightful (they talk about Samson as well, others bands (e.g. Kiss), about when they joined, how it was the time before they recorded the album, their plans), also it's nice to hear how these guys were into it. They sound very confident.
You would not guess Dennis would be replaced one month later.

Actually... @12:51 when they question arrives about Steve writing songs, Dennis his answer may not have pleased Steve (if he had heard it).
Dennis says:
-Steve wrote most songs because he is the only original member (he doesn't say that his songs were best, or even great or good).
-In the past probably a lot of members of the band contributed to the songs
-In time it will not be like that anymore, we'll all contribute

I clearly hear that Dennis wanted to have more input on the (first or second) album (or both).

Also interesting, they talk about the new plans.
After this tour with Kiss,
- they go home, that same day they do a new video in the Rainbow (has to be Women in Uniform?)
- the next day they do the new album (in the studio) for one month
- a tour
- after Christmas / next year:
- headline tour Europe/Japan/Australia/New Zealand/America/another major British tour

= = =

Iron Maiden - interview + hanging out backstage with Clive & Dennis at Groenoordhallen, Leiden (The Netherlands) October 5th, 1980. This interview was done by the guys from Heavy, the first hard rock/heavy metal magazine in The Netherlands. World famous Aardschok was second, but they still exist. ***AUDIO ONLY***

Last edited:

:facepalm: Dave acted this "football thing" quite well though, a decent salesman.

But did it really sell more records, having the band do this type of promotion?

Propably not.

I'm not sure where to post this. This thread should fits.

''Strange World'', ''Genghis Khan'', ''Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)'', ''The Loneliness Of A Long Distance Runner'' and ''Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger'' are the only (played live) songs for which you can't find any live video (filmed or pro-shot) in the internet (only audio)... *''Purgatory'' has a video of terrible quality from Bruce's first concert with Maiden in Bologna 1981.

Last edited:
That is an interesting feat, I guess "The Loneliness of a Long Distance Runner" (5) can be placed in this category as well. And there is "Back in the Village" (6). In 1985 Adrian said it was dropped from the set (beginning of World Slavery Tour in Poland), unless he was talking about a rehearsal. In the early nineties he said Maiden never played it. See Pages 5, 6 and 12 of this thread.

And: "The Ides of March" (7), "Twilight Zone" (8), "Invasion" (9), "Women in Uniform" (10), "I've Got the Fire" (11), "Burning Ambition" (12) are other songs Maiden released and played live. Burning Ambition is a wild guess of mine, but probably a good one, since it is one of Steve's oldest songs and it would make sense if that was played, e.g. in a time when the band did not have many songs yet (maybe the band stated that it was played, can't remember where at the moment).

There must be more songs played live in the seventies, but those were never released and/or heard, live, like e.g: "Prodigal Son" (13).

Kalata, I'd like to add this trivia in that topic.

Last edited:
Back