Iron Maiden video interviews / shows

Lovro said:
Even though I posted it before, I didn`t notice then the fact that Nicko plays on double bass drums on the video
Here it is again:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=v6h7J3vFUOE

:eek:

Yeah, I think its the only video out there with him actually using double bass. As you can see though, he isn't really playing very much.

Oh, and that brings up something i've always wondered, why does metallica always take the piss with Run to the Hills? One minute I hear they're great fans of Maiden, and they even have defended them on occasion but then the next I see them "play" Run to the Hills.

Ardius said:
Oh, and that brings up something i've always wondered, why does metallica always take the piss with Run to the Hills? One minute I hear they're great fans of Maiden, and they even have defended them on occasion but then the next I see them "play" Run to the Hills.

I don't think they were serious about it. It kind of fits in with Lars' ranting about how terrible he is compared to Nicko.

Thanks! nice to see Dave and Arry interact in SOTC.

And Prowler can't get better without Clive and Paul! Clive also did Phantom way better than Nick imo.

A 6 part docu, recorded mainly on the legendary grounds of Donington:
ARENA - Heavy Metal 1989 (with a lot of classic bands in there, contributing as well!).

Link to part 1
Link to part 2 Bruce about the SSOASS artwork comparing it with art accompanying Dante's Inferno (if I heard correctly), which was an influence, Bruce showed it to Derek Riggs.
Link to part 3 with 'Arry and later on Bruce fencing, and talking about stage clothes. :)
Link to part 4 where Bruce shows KISS's stage clothes at Donington. Also he's working out and we'll see Axl Rose in an arrogant and somewhat offending mood. Good to know how they ended up and how Maiden continued.
Link to part 5 and part 6

I wanted to post the Axl Rose interview several days ago. He's a moron. And illogical one too. "Maiden are like political thing"...Maiden started being political in the '90s. In the '80s...The Trooper? Die With Your Boots On? Two Minutes To Midnight? Those songs are closest one to being political and yet they have no connections with politics. Idiot.

I actually remember watching and recording that show when it was first recorded - I may still have the tape somewhere, but I doubt it.

Annoying and childish voices but some good questions, e.g. they asked Steve what he thinks of fanatical fans who only like Maiden with Bruce, and what he thinks of people who analyze Maiden so much.

Thanks for this rare piece of Blaze-era stuff!  :ok:

Interesting, but I imagine Steve Harris had to be enraged after that interview.  The guy was REALLY annoying, and sandbagging him about sleeping with the co-host while he was married was not cool.  I also found telling that one of his primary endorsements of Blaze as a singer was a thinly-veiled dig on Bruce: "he really enjoys being on stage, which is refreshing for a change," or something like that. 

yeah, Nardwuar can be pretty annoying, but at least he asks questions that no one elses thinks to ask. you should check out some of his other interviews, some of them are quite funny. as for his continuing on about the cancelled show, it was the first time Maiden was going to play Vancouver since 1988...and it took them another 12 years to make up for that cancelled gig!

Iron Maiden during the Piece Of Mind World Tour in Tocata Studio, Spain 1983. Beware: includes Comedy Capers kind of footage!  :bigsmile:
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4

Interview with Adrian & Bruce @ Helsinki Icehall - September 1999

MTV's Heavy Metal Mania - 1985 With Host Bruce Dickinson (edited version of 5 minutes)

Interview with Dave Murray in Montreal, August 2nd, 2003.

Iron Maiden on Headbangers Ball, from the No Prayer For The Dying era:
part 1
part 2

Iron Maiden interview from Tales From The Pit (Brave New World era):
part 1
part 2

Last but not least!!
Documentary of the No Prayer On The Road tour. Contains interviews with Bruce, Janick, Dave and Nicko, also live performance in Kings Hall, Belfast 24 Sep. 1990 and City Hall, Newcastle, 25 Sep. 1990, including Tailgunner, Wrathchild, Public Enema Number One, Hallowed Be Thy Name:
part 1
part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5

Enjoy!  :)

This must bring back some memories, Albie, and the others who witnessed this tour!

Forostar said:
This must bring back some memories, Albie, and the others who witnessed this tour!
I've not seen that documentary before, I'm taking a look. Thanks for the links.

I watched the Helsinki interview (I could read the texts too, though mostly they were just subtitles for the speech.  It made me so jealous to see Maiden play at the Helsinki Ice Hall; I've been twice at that venue and though it's not exactly tiny (a good-sized hockey arena), it's a whole lot smaller than the stadiums they played in this tour and it would be great to see Maiden there.

Back