Iron Maiden video interviews / shows

Whoa, Bruce's performance here is really different, no high notes and no long notes.

That's the well-known Sheffield show, Bruce was terribly ill. He doesn't even attempt to hit the high notes. The worst thing about it is that the video is great quality (for an amateur bootleg), especially when you consider the lack of SIT live material. Good shooting position, good and clean audio, didn't wore down by years of analogy transfers. European leg, meaning Sea Of Madness is played as well. Too bad that Bruce couldn't sing. Kudos to him for proceeding with the show, if you consider the fact that there were two Sheffield shows, and they could've cancelled one. Speaking of the other Sheffield night, Bruce sound amazing, one of the best '83-'93 performances i've heard, there's a fairly good audio bootleg, but no video.

Forostar said:
No prob! IMTV stands for Iron Maiden TV.

Those are videos recorded during the Maiden especially for the fanclub members. I especially like the ones where band members get interviewed. H and Jan showing their gear etc. :)

Do happen to know in which episode do they show their gear?

I assume you're not a member?

Since I pay for it and you don't I don't feel that eager to say this, sorry.

Foro, i think that's just the wrong attitude. Haven't you ever copied an original cassete from a friend, or a CD, whatever. He could've turn you down saying i paid for it, go buy it yourself.

I was interviewed by IMTV once but I don't think it was ever used (I don't watch most episodes).

@ Zare, it's completely up to Foro, as he has paid for it. When he asks for something for free, then have a go. ;)

It`s not like I asked you to send me the episodes, I just wanted to know in which one did they show their gear. But if such a simple information is too much, then fine.

Recent interviews:

Bruce interviewed in Costa Rica

This is a good one, with some interesting stuff:
Nicko interviewed in Mexico - part 1
Funny moment about one of Nicko's former bands Trust:
Question: "What could have been the most important thing you learned from them?"
Answer: "Not to learn French. Not from those guys, 'cause they spoke with Parisian slang, where all the words were back to front. (Later more serious answer..)

About what he learned from Steve:
"...he's taught me my style, basically, Steve..."
"...people tell me "You got a fast right foot", then I say "I haven't got a fast right foot, I just have a right foot that goes with his bass."

Nicko interviewed in Mexico - part 2
About the upcoming album:
"When we did AMOLAD, we actually had, well, I had a couple of ideas, Adrian had at least 2 more, Steve had 2 or 3 more songs, Bruce had a couple, Davey had a couple, so we didn't get around to these ideas. Because the ten songs that we had written were as had been presented to the band..... and we went "That's ten fantastic absolutely dropdead freakin' amazing songs: that's it. So I know for well there's at least five ideas that didn't make it to the AMOLAD album...

Argentina - 1992

In part 1 a very enthousiastic reception for Bruce in some TV-show in Argentina before the Fear of the Dark tour.
Some dumb questions, weird atmosphere (the crowd hardly listens to what he says) but it's funny to see Bruce coping with it all. Later on an interview with Dave and Janick in a different environment, but there's a Spanish voice over. ---> Part 1

In part 2 another interview with the whole band (well, let's say the whole band is present, but Steve gets no question). Amazing that these Argentinians use a dude who doesn't speak nor understand English. A woman has to do the translating. After that a playback performance of Be Quick Or Be Dead(!) in that wacky studio again. Energetic and entertaining!  ---> Part 2

Forostar said:
Argentina - 1992

In part 1 a very enthousiastic reception for Bruce in some TV-show in Argentina before the Fear of the Dark tour.
Some dumb questions, weird atmosphere (the crowd hardly listens to what he says) but it's funny to see Bruce coping with it all. Later on an interview with Dave and Janick in a different environment, but there's a Spanish voice over. ---> Part 1
[/url]

That has to be the weirdest interview I've ever seen, and it looks like Bruce shares my sentiments there.  :bigsmile:

Several things i haven't really seen/heard before;
Bruce singing studio version of Wrathchild, recorded in 1999 for the Ed Hunter game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqUv3xCew9E

Pro shot material from Madrid '99!
This one i saw (and heard) ages ago;

Aces High
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pje6h_hFPzc

These ones i just discovered recently;

Wrathchild
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vqfk5sZ3zA

The Trooper
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UZ3rN1rYyM

-----

I thought that Aces High live video was released together with Futureal on some EH disc or something like that. Were all three videos released on EH discs or neither of'em, meaning that they come from indepedent source?

Thanks for the links, I knew that Wrathchild version but not these vids.

Perhaps I am making a huge blunder but I don't remember that any of these vids were released officially.
Maiden would never release anything on which Dave can hardly be heard. (check those solos)

Spanish television recorded them I guess.

edit: This is the most ridiculous version of The Trooper I have ever heard.
Janick plays horribly offkey from 0.14 until 0.23 .  RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH my ears!

Adrian Smith audio interview. 28-3-2009, Argentina - part 1
Adrian Smith audio interview. 28-3-2009, Argentina - part 2
(bad quality, and you have to be patient for all those Spanish translations)
Pretty cool, Adrian says that (a.o. projects) he has already done an instrumental album which might come out some time.

Small Bruce interview in Peru

Back