Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

I think they really want to do another album, at least, but they can't because of BMG, they are bound with them and it's BMG which pushes them to make tours
A record company that prevents their contracted bands and artists from making records and keeping them away from releases is something new and interesting, really. Completely innovative. The music business still does have a lot of surprises to offer.

Rammstein sells 5 times what Maiden sells.

Apart from the fact that Rammstein are too big, it would be incredibly stupid to invite such a controversial band.
What management with a reasonably clear head would want their band to be dragged into the discussions/demos etc. of the last year?

Apart from the fact that Rammstein are too big, it would be incredibly stupid to invite such a controversial band.
What management with a reasonably clear head would want their band to be dragged into the discussions/demos etc. of the last year?

That makes no sense. If those accusations would be a problem they wouldn't tour this year.

I think there's a fair chance indeed regarding some very cool Seventh Son representation for the tour(s) they have left!
I was thinking the same thing.
Boring without new music has no sense for me
I usually agree, but we're talking about Maiden. The songs selection will be important though. Big role.
If they decide to make a greatest Hits tour they will really disappoint me. They're doing greatest hits tours since 2003
I also want a new album, but again, it all depends on the number of deep cuts. Since they have no plans for a new album for now, this is the only option. Well, that and a 90's tour.
I don't know why everyone seems so surprised that they might follow this rule next year too.
Yep. But I think we all expected a new album sooner this time.
I was wrong. It's since 1999
It was the Reunion tour, it's different. Short tour too. The new album and History/Hits tours are equal so far.
That would be a very strange and weird way to close a career like theirs.
I think I get what you have in mind, but still why weird? They should release at least one more album. I mean, it's Maiden!
I would be fairly disappointed if they decided to revisit Live After Death for its 40th anniversary, but also wouldn’t be surprised. Somewhere Back in Time Again Tour. Maybe Live After Death related with a more career-spanning setlist.
Another celebration for an old album (except for a 90's era one or AMOLAD) would be a big disappointment and surprise for me.

Last edited:
A record company that prevents their contracted bands and artists from making records and keeping them away from releases is something new and interesting, really. Completely innovative. The music business still has a lot of surprises to offer.
This is not in that sense : BMG wants surely Iron Maiden to make records BUT seeing the band's sales being less satisfying than hip hop and pop/rock artists ones, it would be logical that BMG could make more money with Maiden touring again and again to promote their last records and remasters of the ancient ones than paying the band to make another record which might not be very salesy. Some majors did that in the past with other bands and singers. Mariah Carey, for example, did not make another record since 'Caution' in 2018 and the best sales are with her Christmas album and single. Majors like to capitalize on old records, since they sell more than the new ones.

This is not in that sense : BMG wants surely Iron Maiden to make records BUT seeing the band's sales being less satisfying than hip hop and pop/rock artists ones, it would be logical that BMG could make more money with Maiden touring again and again to promote their last records and remasters of the ancient ones than paying the band to make another record which might not be very salesy. Some majors did that in the past with other bands and singers. Mariah Carey, for example, did not make another record since 'Caution' in 2018 and the best sales are with her Christmas album and single. Majors like to capitalize on old records, since they sell more than the new ones.
So even if this is true (and it's not), their label would ask them to not release any album (= 0 copies sold) instead of releasing one (= 200.000.000 copies sold) because someone else is selling more?

It makes no sense in any way you look at it, apart from the fact that's completely untrue.

Btw, Steve has been in Nassau for a week now. That rules out Maiden is recording something.
So, I was maybe right when I've wrote many times here that Maiden is preparing something. But, the band, especially Steve doesn't want to spoil the surprise. So, that's why he seemed unsure when talking with Eddie Trunk few days ago. Saying that Maiden is preparing something, especially recording an album, would be like revealing the truth about what happened in Roswell in 1947. It would have the effect of a bomb. And the surprise would no longer have been a surprise. And knowing the surprise would not feel as pleasant.

So, I was maybe right when I've wrote many times here that Maiden is preparing something. But, the band, especially Steve doesn't want to spoil the surprise. So, that's why he seemed unsure when talking with Eddie Trunk few days ago. Saying that Maiden is preparing something, especially recording an album, would be like revealing the truth about what happened in Roswell in 1947. It would have the effect of a bomb. And the surprise would no longer have been a surprise. And knowing the surprise would not feel as pleasant.

So now the fact they haven't recorded anything is a proof that they will release a new album? That's a whole other level of marketing then

I'm rather surprised if they're indeed acknowledging the "50th anniversary" somehow, but then again, sounds like something that could appear in the tour announcement etc. for extra buzz.
I wouldn't say I'm surprised, but at the same time they pretty used all the History tour scenarios, the popular ones. Plus such anniv show won't have almost any limits on the setlist (awesome), apart from some of the usual classics, I guess. Maiden may surprise us again.
Another Legacy run sounds totally plausible too, as Bruce did mention that it could be used as a "tour label" in the future. Couldn't find the interview source just yet, though...
They'll probably use different worlds, but still it won't be a unique tour. Although I'd be curious about the stage, since the Legacy tour was spectacular. That being said, another Legacy run won't limit the songs as much as a hybrid theme again, which was always a one-off, I guess.

Ghost doesn't fill stadiums, they must record a pop-oriented album to do that.
Iron Maiden doesn't fill stadiums either, except for a couple rare occasions. I can't claim to know their popularity in Europe, but Ghost are currently filling the same size venues as Maiden in the States.
Not true. They're WAY smaller than Maiden.
"WAY" smaller is simply not true. A very tiny bit smaller and still gaining.

That makes no sense. If those accusations would be a problem they wouldn't tour this year.
The point is: why drag in a band that has nothing to do with the whole thing (Maiden).
Of course there's no reason for Rammstein themselves not to go on tour, but there will certainly be demonstrations against them again, etc.

No legal problem does not mean no problem.

Iron Maiden doesn't fill stadiums either, except for a couple rare occasions. I can't claim to know their popularity in Europe, but Ghost are currently filling the same size venues as Maiden in the States.

"WAY" smaller is simply not true. A very tiny bit smaller and still gaining.
Since 2005 Maiden has filled stadiums regularly in South and Latin America, Europe, and even open airs in Asia. In Europe stadium/festival tour and indoor tour are their routine.

Iron Maiden doesn't fill stadiums either, except for a couple rare occasions
Nope, they do fill stadiums.

WAY" smaller is simply not true. A very tiny bit smaller and still gaining
Trust me, I have the numbers from their tours. They're not even close to be on Maiden's level, in the US as well (playing the same venue doesn't mean doing the same numbers or having the full capacity)

Back