Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

Given a think to what festivals they could play.

Copenhell - Denmark has never been that much into Maiden, something that was acknowledged by Rod himself in 2008. 2018 show barely sold out on show day even being in a 14k cap venue. Apart from Copenhell, I don't think they ever did a proper sold out show in the past 2 decades. So it makes sense for them to do a festival which always sells good and gives them the big bucks.

Graspop - Antwerp sold out in a bunch of hours back in 2017. In 2023 it took way longer but it managed to sell out in the end. King Baduin Stadium could be a choice, but I don't think it will ever be as profitable as playing Graspop. With the lack of headliners promoters are desperate to bring bands like Maiden to their festivals so the offers are over the top.

Download Festival - As I said before, I think everyone is fed up with Maiden playing here. But just look at the 2024 line up - one of the weakest ever. If a good load of money is on the table then Maiden could go for it one last time. I don't think the chances are too high, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them in the 2025 lineup.

Rockwave Festival (Greece) - I don't even know what's the situation with this festival - if it's still happening and how. But given the bad result of 2022 in Greece it would be wise for Maiden to risk nothing by playing at Terra Vibe again. I know some people claims that with Alexander being in the set (which remain to be seen after the recent Bruce's comment) sales would be higher, but it's not like 20k people are waiting for that song to be played. I don't know what other venues could host a Maiden show in Greece. From what I read, they're either too small or too big, with Terra Vibe staying in the middle.

Hellfest - It's one of the biggest festival in the world and they pay crazy numbers for their headline acts - I know for a fact Metallica will get an enormous amount of money, even if that festival would have sell out anyway. They surely have the resources to make Maiden opt for this instead of their own stadium show. Still, they ditched it in 2022 so they might do it again.

I think these could be the most likely to happen. Others probably don't have enough money to call Maiden, especially in markets where they do good on their own. Firenze Rocks in Italy might be a choice too, but the San Siro promoter is not the same as the one who owns Firenze Rocks, and if he's working on a show then it's probably already decided that he will be the one to bring Maiden in Italy (in 2018 they played both Firenze Rocks and 2 headline shows, but I don't think there will be more than one show).

They just played Hellfest in 2023, so no way they’ll be back again too soon - just realize - the Paris’ been omitted since 2022 (originally sold out back in January 2020). My guesses are:

UK, Download Festival/Olympic Stadium London

Sweden, Stockholm, Tele 2 Arena (maybe two consecutive shows)

Norway, Oslo, Tons of Rock Festival

Finland, Helsinki, Helsinki Rocks Festival

Denmark, Copenhagen, CopenHell Festival

Austria, Vienna, Stadium

Swiss, Greenfield Festival

Germany, Berlin, Walbuhne

Germany, Hamburg, Volkstadion

Germany, Stuttgart, Mercedez Benz Stadion

Germany, Essen, Essen Stadion

Belgium, Dessel, Graspop Open Air

Netherlands, Arnhem, Gelredome

France, Paris, Stade de France (a first gig in Paris to put on sale since November 2019)

Italy, Turin, Olympic Stadium

Spain, Madrid, Wanda Metropolitan Stadium

Portugal, Lisbon, Stadium

Czech Republic, Prague, Synot Tipp Stadion

Poland, Chorzów, Stadion Śląski

Hungary, Budapest, Groupama Stadion

Bulgaria, Plovdiv, Hills of Rock Festival

Croatia, Zagreb, Maksimir Stadion (just one show in the region)

Greece, Athens, Terra Vibe Park

Estonia, Tallin, Open Air Grounds

Here we go - 7 festivals, and 18 stadiums with proper supporting acts the tour should be a success.

I would be fairly disappointed if they decided to revisit Live After Death for its 40th anniversary, but also wouldn’t be surprised. Somewhere Back in Time Again Tour. Maybe Live After Death related with a more career-spanning setlist.

or Nightwish (for example)
The thing is that Tuomas Holopainen has said in a statement recently that the band won't tour for a long time after the release of the next album this year. So, it's not Nightwish which will attract more people to the stadiums.

In the interview for RTL2 (french radio), Bruce has said that he and Steve love Ghost. So, it's very plausible that they will take Ghost as the support band. Maybe Rammstein either.

That's simply not true.

2004 - Dance of Death Tour
2006/07 - A Matter of Life and Death Tour
2010/11 - The Final Frontier Tour
2016/17 - The Book of Souls tour
2023/24 - Senjutsu Tour

They've been alternating album tours to greatest hits tour for 20 years now. I don't know why everyone seems so surprised that they might follow this rule next year too.
2003 - Give Me Ed 'Til I'm Dead Tour
2005 - The Early Days Tour
2008 - Somewhere Back In Time Tour
2013 - Maiden England Tour
2018 - 2022 - Legacy Of The Beast Tour

These ones are some kind of Greatest Hits tours, aren't they ? ;)

That would be a very strange and weird way to close a career like theirs.
I think they really want to do another album, at least, but they can't because of BMG, they are bound with them and it's BMG which pushes them to make tours, because Maiden albums are selling far less records than Kelly Clarkson or R. Kelly, for example.

Imho, Maiden should have signed a deal with a smaller label like Atomic Records, Napalm Records or Nuclear Blast which really like metal. They would have probably sold more copies of 'Senjutsu'.

I'm not sure if Ghost is still interested in being anyone's support. They're most likely the biggest "young" band around, they sell out arenas in Europe and in the US. Playing as a supporting act means stage set limitations, which is extremely important in their case. I did see Ghost supporting Maiden, but it was in 2014, they were just a club band.

The thing is that Tuomas Holopainen has said in a statement recently that the band won't tour for a long time after the release of the next album this year. So, it's not Nightwish which will attract more people to the stadiums.

In the interview for RTL2 (french radio), Bruce has said that he and Steve love Ghost. So, it's very plausible that they will take Ghost as the support band. Maybe Rammstein either.
Rammstein is the biggest live band in Europe, no way - Ghost, Slipknot, Gojira, Avenged 7X - more likely.

I think they really want to do another album, at least, but they can't because of BMG, they are bound with them and it's BMG which pushes them to make tours, because Maiden albums are selling far less records than Kelly Clarkson or R. Kelly, for example.

That couldn't be as far from the truth. We're not talking about a small band in its beginning. Maiden decides what to do, and the label is surely happy to sell hundreds of thousands of copies of their latest album.

I'm not sure if Ghost is still interested in being anyone's support. They're most likely the biggest "young" band around, they sell out arenas in Europe and in the US. Playing as a supporting act means stage set limitations, which is extremely important in their case. I did see Ghost supporting Maiden, but it was in 2014, they were just a club band.

This.

I wouldn't completely rule out Ghost supporting Maiden if the tour is REALLY big, but it's unlikely. Truth to be told, Ghost don't have the numbers to play their arenas tours only, but it's clear that they don't wanna support anyone now. That being said, Maiden being Maiden they could do an exception.

Back