Iron Maiden Tour 2025 - Discussion

Which is not weird to me, honestly. You can easily record an album when you're 80 years old, but going on tour is another matter.
It's not weird and it's understandable, but it's odd for a band like Maiden who always want to release new music and promote it.
However, if Bruce was really spot on with his "90 shows in 8 month" comment, Maiden could record a new album after the tour. I remember Nicko saying he hates recording in the winter, so who knows. They could do 2 legs of whatever the tour will be, insert a new single in the 2026 setlist and release it by the end of summer. Album tour in 2027 and maybe farewell tour in 2028 (at least for Nicko). A bit too much? Maybe, but we're talking about Maiden retiring since 2000 :D
If there is a brand new tour, it will continue until at least 2026 (maybe 2027 as well). I really doubt they will include 1 new song if the new album will be released after this new tour. There is no point, they just have to start an album tour then. In 2003 was different, when they did 2 different tours in one year. Ofc there is perfect time to record the album after their tour in the winter, but when will they release it with a potential brand new Hits tour? The option is (if it's only 2 years): after the tour in 2026 with a supporting tour in 2027/2028, but according to Bruce their plans are until 2026 for now. It's not a bit too much imo, even now.

A tour speculation thread, like the one before the current tour?

Oh well, that's really sad. It seems a new album is not that big of a priority for the band now, which is weird, tbh. Steve shouldn't have mentioned about the possibility of being a studio band in the future. They can still record it in the winter (like TBOS) after Maiden's tour (which should be until August, as usual), or early 2026 for an earlier release because I can't see them skipping the whole year just to release it in September.
All that being said, it doesn't look too promising for a new Maiden album in the next few years. The band will want to tour as much as possible.

I think the band will want to record at least 1 more album. The meeting with Kevin at the start of the tour this year is curious.

Bruce will be taking a short break before getting back on the road with his solo tour early next year (probably 1 month). He seems really enthusiastic about music now, and that's why I find it odd that Maiden don't want to release another album sooner. Have their plans changed? Who knows. He won't have much free time to do a concentrate writing with Roy. Most likely he will want to release his next solo album in the next few years.
I don't know if Maiden are really ready to winding down (especially Nicko), but Bruce's passionate activity could be a sign. Or maybe he just wants to tour more. Like Steve. Maiden have always preferred to play live more.
Bruce can easily do solo shows between Maiden dates next year, just like Steve did with British Lion.

And as far as I know, Bruce have written music while touring as well. He and Roy were sending each other ideas during the Dance of death tour, and Roy recorded his parts and oversaw the drum production. And Bruce went straight to LA after the tour to record the Tyranny of souls album. So hopefully this approcah can free up some time for Maiden to write and record new music…

time is not on their side
images

Maybe, but we're talking about Maiden retiring since 2000 :D
Look Deep Purple, they are still touring and recording albums. Ian Paice is 75 years old now, and still multiplying the projects. Ian Gillan and Roger Glover are 78 years old, Don Airey is 75 years old. So, it's still possible for Nicko to continue playing drums and touring when he will turn 80. And this is the same for the other Iron Maiden members. In France, there is an old man who did bike races competitions being 102 years old.

Last edited:
Look Deep Purple, they are still touring and recording albums. Ian Paice is 75 years old now, and still multiplying the projects. Ian Gillan and Roger Glover are 78 years old, Don Airey is 75 years old. So, it's still possible for Nicko to continue playing drums and touring when he will turn 80. And this is the same for the other Iron Maiden members. :D In France, there is an old man who did bike races competitions being 102 years old. :p
Nicko has had a stroke and he plays heavy rock/metal. I don't think he will be able to play Run to the Hills when he is 75 or so. And just another thing - heydays of Iron Maiden are about to be over. I don't think the masses will fill the big venues for them for the next long years. Judas Priest is rising to be the top band, their last records are brilliant they filling big venues again. Maiden management is lame and sooner or later the band won't be able to fill stadiums/arenas. It seems to be a sad perspective for the end of their career.

Look Deep Purple, they are still touring and recording albums. Ian Paice is 75 years old now, and still multiplying the projects. Ian Gillan and Roger Glover are 78 years old, Don Airey is 75 years old. So, it's still possible for Nicko to continue playing drums and touring when he will turn 80. And this is the same for the other Iron Maiden members. :D In France, there is an old man who did bike races competitions being 102 years old. :p

I think it's a bit silly to compare Maiden with other bands. Rolling Stones are a thousands years old each but their shows are not as demanding as Maiden's are. The fact Nicko is the oldest of the six doesn't help at all. Of course they could keep on with another drummer (Nicko gave his blessing), but it remains to be seen if Steve wants to do it.

Nicko has had a stroke and he plays heavy rock/metal. I don't think he will be able to play Run to the Hills when he is 75 or so. And just another thing - heydays of Iron Maiden are about to be over. I don't think the masses will fill the big venues for them for the next long years. Judas Priest is rising to be the top band, their last records are brilliant they filling big venues again. Maiden management is lame and sooner or later the band won't be able to fill stadiums/arenas. It seems to be a sad perspective for the end of their career.
I know that he had a stroke. And that he plays in a band that is really demanding physically talking. But, if the band is choosing slower and less exhausting songs to play live, I won't be against it, really. I love Maiden slower songs as "Sign Of The Cross", "Afraid To Shoot Strangers", "Out Of The Shadows", and so on. They could also play some rare songs they never played like "Virus", for example. That could be a great improvement in the band's setlist.

Some of you are way too optimistic. Maiden live/touring - is a hard work. Very energetically consuming, etc. They will not be "like Deep Purple or Rolling Stones". Time definitely has almost ran out. They have left 3-5 years max. 5 years is way too optimistic, imo. Sure, if they will decide to carry on with Joe Lazarus, then they have little bit more time but not much. I still think that even now, Lazarus is their backup drummer. Knowing Nicko's problems they can't embark on such monetarily risky endeavour as touring without some backup plan, imo.

Of course they could keep on with another drummer (Nicko gave his blessing), but it remains to be seen if Steve wants to do it.
I'm definitively not against this idea, even if Nicko is with Steve the rhythmic soul of the band and I would be sad if he could not continue with them.

Some of you are way too optimistic. Maiden live/touring - is a hard work. Very energetically consuming, etc. They will not be "like Deep Purple or Rolling Stones". Time definitely has almost ran out. They have left 3-5 years max. 5 years is way too optimistic, imo. Sure, if they will decide to carry on with Joe Lazarus, then they have little bit more time but not much. I still think that even now, Lazarus is their backup drummer. Knowing Nicko's problems they can't embark on such monetarily risky endeavour as touring without some backup plan, imo.
Probably Joe is their "spare brick" but the main problem is the demand for Maiden among listeners. Generally, it's declining a bit especially in the States.

5 years is way too optimistic, imo
The thing is: they might retire from touring. That doesn't mean they will retire from playing shows.
Touring is the really hard part, not playing. If they play 10 shows at year they could go on for many more years. We're speculating about the band retiring because they're old, but if we look at their performances then nothing indicates they can't do this for a "long" time still. I mean, Nicko is 71, he had a stroke and still managed to pull out a 30 dates tour, with a lot of back to back shows. And, in all honesty, their show in Milan last year was the best I've ever seen from them.

They can still do their job, they're not at a point where their performances are heavily affected by their physical shape. Unless something happens (and we saw it could), I can't see why Maiden, even if with a stripped down tour schedule, can't go on for 10 more years. Of course age and performances are not the only thing that matters: some band members might call it a day to enjoy their billionaire lives :D

This drummer could also replace Nicko McBrain if the band decided that :

We all know who would get the sticks if Nicko's retiring.

Bruce's solo shows begin on 15th of april... And no one else in the band has anything planned at this time... So, there are some possibilites... :cool:

And Bruce has said in the past in interviews when promoting 'Senjutsu' that all his vocals have been done in 3 weeks maximum... :innocent:

Plus, Bruce lives in Paris... :ninja:

Bruce's solo shows begin on 15th of april... And no one else in the band has anything planned at this time... So, there are some possibilites... :cool:

And Bruce has said in the past in interviews when promoting 'Senjutsu' that all his vocals have been done in 3 weeks maximum... :innocent:

Plus, Bruce lives in Paris... :ninja:

It's still very unlikely. Even if Bruce will join his band later he would need to start the rehearsals at the end of march. Also Bruce and Steve were the only ones to keep coming to the studio for mixing and everything

I know some people say they were disappointed in the Twickenham sales but i still think Maiden could do a stadium tour with the right package. Priest, Maiden some other top of the tree bands and i think it would sell well. Even if they just did a one off UK stadium show it could work. Easier said than done to get the bands though and would they want to give away that much money to get the bands?

It's still very unlikely. Even if Bruce will join his band later he would need to start the rehearsals at the end of march. Also Bruce and Steve were the only ones to keep coming to the studio for mixing and everything
They can record it in two times this time : one part where the band without Bruce composing the songs in march, another part in late july/early august where Bruce putting his voice on the new songs already recorded by the rest of the band in march/april/may. The band, including Bruce, surely had plenty of ideas during lockdowns (as Bruce said in interviews) and as the band wanted to book a studio in 2020 or 2021 after having recorded 'Senjutsu', it means they had already demos of new songs done at the time. So, for me, it's possible for the band to record something in march/april/may and after that to put Bruce vocals on them in early august.

OR, there is another possibilty : Adrian is the only member of the band in Paris now and will rejoin Bruce to work on new Maiden songs for the next album. Janick and Steve are working on songs together, Dave maybe. And then, Kevin will rejoin them all in Sydney and will start to talk with them about the new album recording in Paris in early 2025 for a release date in september 2025.

OR, the album has been already recorded in Caveman studios in Australia and is about to be mixed and mastered by Kevin, that will present the result to the band in Sydney this september.

Back