IRON MAIDEN TO BRING THE STUNNING MAIDEN ENGLAND WORLD TOUR TO EUROPE IN 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we are a 2 months away, but Iron maiden and Rock in rio is obviously a big thing. Firstly, do people think that theyl allow their show to be broadcasted via tv, radio or stream? and do you think there will be any chages to the set, like songs, the set itself, pyro etc? Im sadly not going as i live in manchester and have no money haha

I would expect that Rock in Rio would be broadcast/streamed in some way or another, I doubt they'll outright change the setlist at all however. Although they did add Run to the Hills into the encore back in 2001...

I would expect that Rock in Rio would be broadcast/streamed in some way or another, I doubt they'll outright change the setlist at all however. Although they did add Run to the Hills into the encore back in 2001...

I agree with the streaming, i assume they would of been asked/told before the being asked to headline that theyl broadcast their show as well as it being near the end of the tour unlike Graspop who also stream. I forgot about last time with Run to the hills, i thought they might add one or 2 songs as its RiR. But i think at most theyl just add more pyro/fire unless theyre just treating it like a normal gig and im reading too much into RiR. But the line up itself, Metallica, Bon Jovi, Iron Maiden, Bruce Springstein, Muse, Beyonce and Timberlake headliners, even if you dont enjoy their music they are all the biggest acts in their genre atm. It makes it seem like a huge festival, to me all its missing is Rush but im a huge fan of theirs as well haha.

Off to Sweden tomorrow for Wednesdays show in Malmo :dancinggeek: not seen them since 2011.
And the first time I've liked the support act... the main one at least :D
Anyone else going?

I have one spare lower tier seating ticket for sale for Maiden, London O2, Sun August 4th, Block 102, Row E, Seat 62, Face value £60. PM me if interested.
I am attending the concert myself, So the idea would be that if someone was to buy it from me, I will meet them at the venue and we both go in together. I will have the card used to purchase the tickets along with my photo ID., So there will be no issue with gaining access to the venue.

At Download I'm sure I saw Dave playing ...

...a Flying V type guitar, possibly during Wasted Years, but I'm not sure. Has anyone else seen him playing it this tour, and do you happen to know if it's a Gibson/what model it is? There are videos online of him playing it during Wasted Years at a couple of other shows this year, although he played a Strat for Wasted Years in Barcelona. There's a mention in another thread of him playing it last year, too.

Dave must be expanding his guitar horizons, which is cool. He played a Gibson Explorer at the show I went to. Can't remember seeing a Flying V, though that does sound familiar. If he did, I'd only assume that it's a Gibson.

Dave must be expanding his guitar horizons, which is cool. He played a Gibson Explorer at the show I went to. Can't remember seeing a Flying V, though that does sound familiar. If he did, I'd only assume that it's a Gibson.
That is cool and it would be nice if this was some sort of prelude to a solo record by him

One of my biggest wishes has been and will be to see Phantom of the Opera live. But Bruce's talking over the instrumental part is so annoying!

Haha, yeh I suppose that is kind of annoying; him talking about Sunday roast & burning your dinner! :D

I'm not sure how mixed the above footage is (sound that is), or whether Sky Arts just took their feed straight off the PA (I know live some had been complaining about the sound not traveling very well; the wind & all that), but Maiden are sounding quite simply amazing. They've never sounded better, I don't think.

If it's the Sky Arts footage, Maiden's was mixed by Kevin Shirley; Maiden had their own section in the credits...

I was at the show in Malmö this past Wednesday, and it was awesome beyond words! I'm going to the gig at Stockholm tomorrow as well :D

One funny thing is that

Bruce managed to botch the intro to The Evil That Men Do at his mini-speech before the song.

"The evil that men do lives on... *long silence* the good that men do is oft interred with their bones!"

I had an incredibly good time overall! First time seeing them, and I am not disappointed at all!

One funny thing is that

Bruce managed to botch the intro to The Evil That Men Do at his mini-speech before the song.

"The evil that men do lives on... *long silence* the good that men do is oft interred with their bones!"

He did the same thing in Chicago and Indianapolis last summer... I thought the same thing too when I first heard it; it's as if he did it backwards... but I believe it was intentional (since he's been doing it all tour apparently).

I just found out that VH1 Classic will be playing Download 2013 next Friday 7/19 from 9 to 11 pm EST. I'm sure it's probably the same thing Sky Arts showed but for those here in the States or elsewhere who don't get Sky Arts, we have a chance to see it. Only if you have VH1 Classic that is.

Thanks for the heads up! Hopefully they actually show Maiden this time, when VH1 Classic aired Sonisphere 2010 they skipped them >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back