IRON MAIDEN TO BRING THE STUNNING MAIDEN ENGLAND WORLD TOUR TO EUROPE IN 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from the show. It was fantastic, the crowd was really into it and the band was smoking. The only part that stood out as wrong was when Adrian
Missed his queue to sing his line in wasted years, he was too far away from the mic and just got the last 2 words out .. Bruce gave him a good "what the fuck?" look
Beyond that all in all fantastic. The shirts were 120 Zloty

:) One of these days we will learn to speak the same English ... so I will not have to turn the subtitles on for some BBC shows

This last page :lol::lol: UK and US English have some funny differences. As for the Scottish variety of English - are there anyone outside of Scotland who can understand it at all? After 20 years of following British football, I still have a hard time following what Scottish managers and players say in interviews and press conferences. The Scouse dialect is harder to understand, though.

Depends whether you're talking, genuinely, of dialect or just accent. When you hear Moyes, or Ferguson, or McLeish, or Owen Coyle, or Strachan, or whoever, talking on TV --it's pretty much all accent. They're not using dialectal words or anything, so it's quite funny that you don't quite catch what they're saying. I think Scouse is a stronger accent, personally. Don't have any problem understanding anything I hear in English to be honest.

Depends whether you're talking, genuinely, of dialect or just accent. When you hear Moyes, or Ferguson, or McLeish, or Owen Coyle, or Strachan, or whoever, talking on TV --it's pretty much all accent. They're not using dialectal words or anything, so it's quite funny that you don't quite catch what they're saying. I think Scouse is a stronger accent, personally. Don't have any problem understanding anything I hear in English to be honest.

I'm not familiar with exactly how you distinguish between the words "dialect" and "accent" in English, but in my post I guess I used "dialect" for accent as well. I'm used to the word "dialect" meaning different ways to speak the same language, each belonging to a certain geographic area. But I get what you mean - these guys don't use many odd words specific to their home region. However, for one whose native language is not English, it is harder to follow when what you hear differs from what you're used to hearing. The pronounciation of each word, the way each word goes into the next word - all that differs between accents.

But we're getting miles off topic here, so to bring this back:

I'll be seeing Maiden in eight days. Yay!

I spy some Download footage including shots from that helicopter and the camera at the back of the crowd. Pity my internet connection keeps dropping out, I couldn't watch it all.

And thanks, Cried, I now have this image of the band standing around smoking on stage instead of playing.:bigsmile:Trooper brand cigarettes, maybe?

I know we are a 2 months away, but Iron maiden and Rock in rio is obviously a big thing. Firstly, do people think that theyl allow their show to be broadcasted via tv, radio or stream? and do you think there will be any chages to the set, like songs, the set itself, pyro etc? Im sadly not going as i live in manchester and have no money haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back