Iron Maiden Survivor done: Hallowed and Rime co-champions

Vote for your LEAST favorite songs!

• Hallowed Be Thy Name

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Rime Of The Ancient Mariner

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters
Re: Iron Maiden Survivor FINALS: 3 songs left (Jan 3-5)

Like i said ages ago; HBTN vs Rime in the end.

Oh crap, I wanted Powerslave to win.
Well, I guess I'll vote for Hallowed next.

The poll question says: Vote for your LEAST favorite songs!  (Voting closes: Today at 22:18:28)  

But I guess that's not the case.

Forostar said:
The poll question says: Vote for your LEAST favorite songs!  (Voting closes: Today at 22:18:28)  

But I guess that's not the case.

Wow, haven't noticed that... that's an exception...

When IM survivor started I was sure about its two first positions :
1. Hallowed Be Thy Name
2. Rime of The Ancient Mariner

I was guessing that the 3rd place would be Paschendale and really didn't imagine that Powerslave would have make it so high

Tell me why I have to vote for Powerslave

Moonchild33 said:
I was gonna vote HBTN, but it looks like it's just Powerslave vs Rime.

I never wanted to do this, but I'm voting Powerslave. Hail Rime!

Indeed.

I like Powerslave better than Hallowed, but not in this round:

Powerslave it is.

Powerslave should at least have beaten Rime! Oh well I vote for Rime and Hallowed... I defend Powerslave right to the end. I suppose 3rd best Maiden song ever is a great achievement.

EDIT: It won't let me vote? Hmm it says it ends on the 5th yet it closed earlier today?

Forostar said:

Sorry, I must have set it for one day instead of two.
Fixed now. Polls are open again.

Forostar said:
Tell me why I have to vote for Powerslave

Indeed.

I like Powerslave better than Hallowed, but not in this round:

Powerslave it is.

Then why did you vote Powerslave? I mean it's your choice, but I really don't understand the logic if you prefer Powerslave...

The logic is simple. By voting for Hallowed here (in a round where it is evident that Hallowed will survive) a vote for Hallowed is at the same time a vote against Rime, his favourite. I did the same in the Metallica survivor.

Re: Iron Maiden Survivor FINAL BATTLE: Hallowed vs. Rime (Jan 5-7)

Go to the top of the page and vote for your LEAST favorite songs!
Rules are in this post. Please read them if you don't know what's going on here.

The #3 song is: Powerslave
The big badass rumble for the top spot has begun!

The top ten Iron Maiden songs:
1. ?
2. ?
3. Powerslave
4. Paschendale
5. Infinite Dreams
6. Phantom Of The Opera
7. Aces High
8. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
9. Brave New World
10. Ghost Of The Navigator

Rime.

Great song, but Hallowed ranks one spot higher on my list (which is Paschendale, Powerslave, Hallowed, Rime, Phantom, etc.)

Re: Iron Maiden Survivor FINAL BATTLE: Hallowed vs. Rime (Jan 5-7)

Rime. I actually like Rime but I really don't see why many people think it is the absolute best Maiden song. For me it is very listenable but at the same time I really have to WANT to put it on because it is just too long. Rime should be honoured as the 2nd best Maiden song ever!  

Habberdasher said:
Has anyone given thought as to what we're going to do next week when this is all over? I mean, no offense to most of the fools :innocent: on here, but voting in this silly contest is the only thing that keeps me on this site so frequently, otherwise I'd check in and out every few weeks. So really what I'm asking is: SMX, can we do it all over again starting in 2 weeks? I don't know, maybe from AMOLAD to IM, this time to mix it up. Something to tide me over until "early 2011."

Another Survivor will start on Thursday, when this one ends...
"The Greatest Metal Song Survivor"
Based on posts made by members of this forum, in this thread.

I am not accepting further lists for the next Survivor; I am only using the posts which have already been made in that thread.
That gives us 10 lists to play though, with perhaps the most brutal choices possible as the game progresses.

So we'll be playing through the choices of Wasted, cornfedhick, no5, Perun, Shadow, Mega, LC, Forostar, GK and myself.
Iron Maiden Survivor II will follow that. And if we ever get to a second "best metal song" game, we'll try to get lists from other people next time.

And since a few people have brought up the idea of going backwards: nope, not gonna happen.
But the top ten songs from this time get a free pass to the Semifinals, where they'll battle the all-new top ten resulting from IM Survivor II.

Back