Iron Maiden Survivor done: Hallowed and Rime co-champions

Vote for your LEAST favorite songs!

• Hallowed Be Thy Name

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Rime Of The Ancient Mariner

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters
Re: Iron Maiden Survivor FINALS: #5 tiebreaker (Dec 30 - Jan 1)

Infinite Dreams.

After re-listening to ID and Powerslave back-to-back, I realized ID is far superior. But then I took a look at it live. ID sealed its fate.

Well, I just watched two videos: one random Powerslave live video and one random ID live video. I liked Powerslave better live.

But I guess Iron Maiden prepared Powerslave better than ID considering they hardly played it.

One random ID video? That's the only one. And that's the only tour as well.

Forostar said:
One random ID video? That's the only one. And that's the only tour as well.

I didn't know that...
I guess Moonchild typed 'Infinite Dreams Live' and -->this is what she got

Will-I-Am said:
I didn't know that...

tsk, tsk.  ;)

edit:

Moonchild33 said:
But I guess Iron Maiden prepared Powerslave better than ID considering they hardly played it.

I suspect that Infinite Dreams is a very difficult song to play and sing well, live, just as SSOASS (the title track) is. On this video (which comes from the in 1989 released VHS called "Maiden England") you can see and hear that Bruce has some difficulties.

However, his performance in the studio version comes close to perfection and (I can't stress this too often) these vocal melodies are really super, blending and interacting with the guitars, while Nicko and Steve show how strong the rhythm section is. As it turned out, Maiden never played it again, and instead they chose to do the easier songs (Madness, Evil & Clairvoyant -I am not saying they are easy to do, but I assume that they are easier than ID-), and recently they did Moonchild again, which was the biggest surprise of the last tour.

Powerslave, on the otherhand was played at 3 Maiden tours (one of them being the monstrous World Slavery Tour) and Bruce did it on the Accident of Birth & The Chemical Wedding Tour (with Adrian) and again on some festival dates in 2002 (without Adrian). So, no wonder that this song is played pretty well.

But to be honest, I try to focus on the studio songs. Why? I really dig some Maiden songs which they never did live (e.g. The Duellists or Only The Good Die Young) or hardly did (e.g. Infinite Dreams) and by checking live clips in relation to this poll I give less attention to these. Or the other way around: If I am going to focus on live stuff in relation to this poll I might be tempted to prefer those songs. Since this Survivor Game is about all the songs I want to judge them in the same context, the only one possible: the studio versions.

Re: Iron Maiden Survivor FINALS: 4 songs left (Jan 1-3)

Go to the top of the page and vote for your LEAST favorite songs!
Rules are in this post. Please read them if you don't know what's going on here.

The #5 song is: Infinite Dreams
4 songs left...

The top ten Iron Maiden songs:
1. ?
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. Infinite Dreams
6. Phantom Of The Opera
7. Aces High
8. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
9. Brave New World
10. Ghost Of The Navigator

Rime, Hallowed

Hallowed, Paschendale
01-01-2010: 11th eliminated album: Seventh Son of a Seventh Son (1988) -> Last survivor: Infinite Dreams 

28-12-2009: 10th eliminated album: Iron Maiden (1980) -> Last survivor: Phantom of the Opera 

23-12-2009: 9th eliminated album: A Matter of Life and Death (2006) -> Last survivor: Brighter than a Thousand Suns 

21-12-2009: 8th eliminated album: Brave New World (2000) -> Last survivor: Brave New World 

23-11-2009: 7th eliminated album: Fear of the Dark (1992) -> Last survivor: Afraid to Shoot Strangers 

13-11-2009: 6th eliminated album: The X-Factor (1995) -> Last survivor: Sign of the Cross 

28-10-2009: 5th eliminated album: Virtual XI (1998) -> Last survivors: Futureal, The Clansman 

22-10-2009: 4th eliminated album: Piece of Mind (1983) -> Last survivor: Revelations 

04-10-2009: 3rd eliminated album: No Prayer for the Dying (1990) ->
Last survivors: No Prayer for the Dying, Holy Smoke, Mother Russia, Run Silent Run Deep

30-09-2009: 2nd eliminated album: Somewhere in Time (1986) -> Last survivor: Stranger in a Strange Land 

31-08-2009: 1st eliminated album: Killers (1981) -> Last survivor: Killers

20-07-2009: Start Iron maiden Survivor

Forostar said:
tsk, tsk.  ;)

edit:

I suspect that Infinite Dreams is a very difficult song to play and sing well, live, just as SSOASS (the title track) is. On this video (which comes from the in 1989 released VHS called "Maiden England") you can see and hear that Bruce has some difficulties.

However, his performance in the studio version comes close to perfection and (I can't stress this too often) these vocal melodies are really super, blending and interacting with the guitars, while Nicko and Steve show how strong the rhythm section is. As it turned out, Maiden never played it again, and instead they chose to do the easier songs (Madness, Evil & Clairvoyant -I am not saying they are easy to do, but I assume that they are easier than ID-), and recently they did Moonchild again, which was the biggest surprise of the last tour.

Powerslave, on the otherhand was played at 3 Maiden tours (one of them being the monstrous World Slavery Tour) and Bruce did it on the Accident of Birth & The Chemical Wedding Tour (with Adrian) and again on some festival dates in 2002 (without Adrian). So, no wonder that this song is played pretty well.

But to be honest, I try to focus on the studio songs. Why? I really dig some Maiden songs which they never did live (e.g. The Duellists or Only The Good Die Young) or hardly did (e.g. Infinite Dreams) and by checking live clips in relation to this poll I give less attention to these. Or the other way around: If I am going to focus on live stuff in relation to this poll I might be tempted to prefer those songs. Since this Survivor Game is about all the songs I want to judge them in the same context, the only one possible: the studio versions.

All right to be honest, I voted ID because I just couldn't vote for Powerslave. I still don't think I have the heart to vote Powerslave. The only time I even plan on voting Powerslave is if it comes down to Powerslave vs Rime. It's stupid, but I just can't. :innocent:

Back