Iron Maiden Survivor done: Hallowed and Rime co-champions

Vote for your LEAST favorite songs!

• Hallowed Be Thy Name

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Rime Of The Ancient Mariner

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters
Re: Iron Maiden Survivor FINALS: 5 songs left (Dec 28-30)

I can't imagine Infinite Dreams ranked higher than any other song on the list...

Let's hope Maiden will do these voters a big favour and never ever play Infinite Dreams, Powerslave and Rime again, because everybody is so satisfied with Hallowed and Paschendale. :P

The funny thing is that this is probably going to happen for real: Hallowed and Paschendale will probably be played again, Powerslave and Rime have mostprobably seen their last shows and Infinite Dreams? Well, in the band that's gotta be the most underrated song of Seventh Son, and they can't play it either anymore, I guess.

(yes, I am a bad loser)

Forostar said:
Let's hope Maiden will do these voters a big favour and never ever play Infinite Dreams, Powerslave and Rime again, because everybody is so satisfied with Hallowed and Paschendale. :P

I'd rather see them taking the top 10 from this poll and adding some live favourites like The Trooper, NOTB and Wasted Years and make a 2-hour show out of it  :D

I must say I highly dislike the fact that we have to eliminate all songs in a tie. It makes no sense whatsoever... why not have a tiebreaker in all events of a tie rather than eliminating all songs involved? It makes much more sense. We could lose 3 good songs here when we only needed to lose 1.

When there's 10 or less songs left, only one song goes per round.

Re: Iron Maiden Survivor FINALS: #5 tiebreaker (Dec 30 - Jan 1)

lordantwarrior said:
I must say I highly dislike the fact that we have to eliminate all songs in a tie. It makes no sense whatsoever... why not have a tiebreaker in all events of a tie rather than eliminating all songs involved? It makes much more sense. We could lose 3 good songs here when we only needed to lose 1.

In addition to Foro's point above (only one song at a time in the Finals no matter what), I think you have misunderstood the rules.

The first version of the rules was like that - in a tie, all songs went away. It didn't work very well, so the rules have changed.

Now, when it's not the Finals, I take out a maximum of one song for 1-3 voters, two songs for 4-8 voters and 3 songs for 9+ voters. If I need to break a tie, there are a variety of procedures I follow. One of them involves counting only posted votes, so you should always post your vote.
Go to the top of the page and vote for your LEAST favorite songs!
Rules are in this post. Please read them if you don't know what's going on here.

Tiebreaker! One of these 3 songs will exit as #5. The other two will move on.
Still alive: Hallowed Be Thy Name, Paschendale

The top ten Iron Maiden songs:
1. ?
2. ?
3. ?
4. ?
5. ?
6. Phantom Of The Opera
7. Aces High
8. Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
9. Brave New World
10. Ghost Of The Navigator

Infinite Dreams

I also vote Infinite Dreams. How it got this far I will never know... there are even better songs on Seventh Son than it. It's like a cat with 22 lives :lol:

Rime of the Ancient Mariner

I really like Infinite Dreams and I hope it wins, the lyrics and melodies are just...

Powerslave

Infinite Dreams is the better of the 3, by far.

Tell me why I have to vote for Powerslave

Because Rime and Infinite Dreams are even greater.

Powerslave. Infinite Dreams is among their finest, finest work.

Back