Iron Maiden Survivor done: Hallowed and Rime co-champions

Vote for your LEAST favorite songs!

• Hallowed Be Thy Name

Votes: 12 46.2%
  • Rime Of The Ancient Mariner

Votes: 14 53.8%

• Total voters
Re: Iron Maiden Survivor FINALS: 5 songs left (Dec 28-30)

Last three. Besides ID, I love all of these songs the same.

Hallowed Powerslave Paschendale

28-12-2009: 10th eliminated album: Iron Maiden (1980) -> Last survivor: Phantom of the Opera 

23-12-2009: 9th eliminated album: A Matter of Life and Death (2006) -> Last survivor: Brighter than a Thousand Suns 

21-12-2009: 8th eliminated album: Brave New World (2000) -> Last survivor: Brave New World 

23-11-2009: 7th eliminated album: Fear of the Dark (1992) -> Last survivor: Afraid to Shoot Strangers 

13-11-2009: 6th eliminated album: The X-Factor (1995) -> Last survivor: Sign of the Cross 

28-10-2009: 5th eliminated album: Virtual XI (1998) -> Last survivors: Futureal, The Clansman 

22-10-2009: 4th eliminated album: Piece of Mind (1983) -> Last survivor: Revelations 

04-10-2009: 3rd eliminated album: No Prayer for the Dying (1990) ->
Last survivors: No Prayer for the Dying, Holy Smoke, Mother Russia, Run Silent Run Deep

30-09-2009: 2nd eliminated album: Somewhere in Time (1986) -> Last survivor: Stranger in a Strange Land 

31-08-2009: 1st eliminated album: Killers (1981) -> Last survivor: Killers

20-07-2009: Start Iron maiden Survivor

Moonchild33 said:
Just out of curiosity, why all the votes for Rime?

Because not everybody thinks it is the best Iron Maiden song  <_<

When we get to this stage of the competition, every song is legendary :)

My votes go to Hallowed, Rime and Infinite Dreams.

Jonszat said:
Because the 2 minute bass part is waaaaay too long.
It's not long, it's super atmospheric. :innocent:
But I get it.

lordantwarrior said:
Because not everybody thinks it is the best Iron Maiden song  <_<

When we get to this stage of the competition, every song is legendary :)

My votes go to Hallowed, Rime and Infinite Dreams.
Eh, okay.

ROTAM and Infinite Dreams.

All 5 songs are timeless Maiden classics, but: ROTAM is too repetitive music-wise, ID simply isn't on par with the others. IMO, there are better songs from SSOASS than Infinite Dreams.

Dunno, when I played the top 10 in a row, Infinite Dreams and Rime really sounded top-league.

gulranek said:
ROTAM and Infinite Dreams.

All 5 songs are timeless Maiden classics, but: ROTAM is too repetitive music-wise,

Relatively there's more repetition in Hallowed and Paschendale. That's because Rime has way more

- differents parts
- different rhythms
- different tempos and
- different moods than those other songs.

I like the adventurous nature of this song. The "and then down in falls comes the raaaaiiiinn" part (and the minute before and the minutes after that) is excellent, very suspenseful. What a climax. And if that isn't enough those awesome solos come on top of that. One of the better Adrian Smith solos. The gear shifting, back to the first tempo makes the feast complete. Heavy as fuck, great as hell, from start to finish, Maiden's greatest epic. Also, this song contains some of Arry's best bass lines and the song is full of boneslashing guitar riffs.

gulranek said:
ID simply isn't on par with the others.

I beg to differ. I actually think that the sheer beauty of Infinite Dreams ranks above most of the others. This song probably contains the best vocal melodies of all Maiden songs. Also, when it comes to the guitars, this one is really special. Sublime teamwork. Notice the subtle additions by Adrian, during Bruce's singing.

Forostar said:
Dunno, when I played the top 10 in a row, Infinite Dreams and Rime really sounded top-league.

Relatively there's more repetition in Hallowed and Paschendale. That's because Rime has way more

- differents parts
- different rhythms
- different tempos and
- different moods than those other songs.

I like the adventurous nature of this song. The "and then down in falls comes the raaaaiiiinn" part (and the minute before and the minutes after that) is excellent, very suspenseful. What a climax. And if that isn't enough those awesome solos come on top of that. One of the better Adrian Smith solos. The gear shifting, back to the first tempo makes the feast complete. Heavy as fuck, great as hell, from start to finish, Maiden's greatest epic. Also, this song contains some of Arry's best bass lines and the song is full of boneslashing guitar riffs.

I beg to differ. I actually think that the sheer beauty of Infinite Dreams ranks above most of the others. This song probably contains the best vocal melodies of all Maiden songs. Also, when it comes to the guitars, this one is really special. Sublime teamwork. Notice the subtle additions by Adrian, during Bruce's singing.
I totally agree.

By the way, i just noticed, what about a 5-songs tie ?  :lol:

Rotam said:
By the way, i just noticed, what about a 5-songs tie ?  :lol:

Please don't bring up that nightmare. You'll freakin' jinx us...

Edit: there actually is a tiebreaker for that. I'd count the votes that were publicly posted in this thread. People who voted without posting don't get their voices heard in the tiebreaker. In the case of a 5-way tie, I'll pick the three songs with the most posted votes and we'll do a tiebreaker between those 3 for the #5 spot.

Oh, in that case, i voted Hallowed, Powerslave and Paschendale (glup !).

Back