Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt that 'they’re going to drop the whole album on Monday.' Or another single. Imo, no way. I fear they may release album not soon.
Eddie as Samurai. Meh.

Also the Belshazzar thing makes no sense, really curious if that ever gets resolved.

Just judging by the snippets of lyrics that I've picked up and the narrative of the video, he's using Belshazzar's Feast as a metaphor for the political point he's trying to make, he's accusing the powerful of today of being like Belshazzar and that their fate will be the same.

As for the confusion regarding Belshazzar's Feast - well, it was definitely still aimed at this single. A poetic way to announce the new song - The Writing on the Wall (the story is known under both names).

Bruce likes to use grand words that sometimes ring a bit hollow underneath, dunno why people are surprised there's nothing more to that beyond the title of the single without telling it outright.

Though the album could still be called BF and like I said, that would be awesome.

I think the album will be announced on Monday, because of the IG stories with the album covers and because this campaign is too big to be just for the single. But then again, it seems Belshazzar's feast was for the single.... what about Live Forever? Man Or Beast? Heaven Or Hell?
Also, the song is not announced as a single - strange. But it has a single cover.

Beside that, ''Wildest Dreams'' and ''El Dorado'' were played for the first time live during a different tour (not their album tour), but both albums were released in the same year as the single - this like a note, if they will play the new single during LOTB tour next year.

It is quite interesting to watch the next steps. Would Maiden go via the route Tallica did? A video for each song relased at the same time?
would we have just the traditional album announcement on Monday and then have to wait for 2+ months to listen to some new music?

Do they have any shows planned for e.g September this year? That would more or less mean that this is when they would release the album as thy've done timewise related to their albums so far.

BTW in the first 1:20 minutes of the single we have more riffs and moods that any of the Steve's epics for over 25 years

It is quite interesting to watch the next steps. Would Maiden go via the route Tallica did? A video for each song relased at the same time?
would we have just the traditional album announcement on Monday and then have to wait for 2+ months to listen to some new music?

Do they have any shows planned for e.g September this year? That would more or less mean that this is when they woudl release the album as thy've done timewise related to their albums so far.
Album announcement on Monday with album release in September is my guess.

I think they will not do any concerts this year... like Bruce said in his latest book tour trailer.

Way of the Warrior? God, I hope not...
I mean, if where talking about a samurai Eddie then Writing on the Wall doesn't really fit anymore. Way of the Warrior sure is cheesy, but it wouldn't be THAT surprising. Anyway, the next couple of album covers might give away some clues to what it is. If WOTW and the tower were only meant for the single, then there's no point in having them on the covers up until Monday. If they are still present, maybe Belshazzar is actually a part of the cover and title somehow. The idea of a themed album feels dead however.

Their profile image on Spotify has changed from the (horrible) NOTD Eddie, to the "Tower". Looking more likely that it is a central part of the new album's artwork.

I have a strange feeling that the entire feast poster was a reference to the scenes from the music video that were supposed to take place inside the tower. All this procession headed for the great feast while their end was written on the wall. Nothing more - this all was about the music video. Still - I'm happy with the song so it's ok.

In the video we can see that the poster of Balthazar's feast served as an invitation to the tower, where everyone was invited, man or beast, they were also promised that they would live forever. Likewise, the poster and graphics invited us to the premiere of a new song. But we will see what happens on Monday and whether they will continue the theme of the feast and the tower.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back