Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
E6A96hpXsAM-dPT

New post from Daniel: "got sent this I love Japan". I guess that's the livestream time, would be 10:30 GMT.

Data? OK! just check how many listeners turned into Powerslave listening party and the Seventh Son (85k to some 16k). And band's invitation has only 66k views after one day. After six years it's poor...
Rod: "Bad news, boys. Less than 200,000 people tuned into our 'Nicko's Setlist' series. Guess your setlist is shit."
IM: "But, didn't you pick the se-?"
Rod: "Guess your setlist is shit."

Okay, having seen them five times on the last tour, I can tell you neither of those points are true.

Fair point. That was generally speaking, though.
Over the last couple of years they slowed it down a little bit, must say. Lars not committing any mistake? Don't know. One of the best music and business minds all over the world, and all of that... But uhm, don't know if he really doesn't. Drumming ability and skills is NOT what the band needs him for. He's got a unique stile and all of that, but to me he's the weakest member in Metallica. Even if he's a great composer and decision-taking block.

I'm not here to talk shit about Metallica. I like Metallica. But they're two different things, as bands. Can't be compared. 0 scenography on one side. Full scenography on the other. And that's just one difference.

Last edited:
Over the last couple of years they slowed it down a little bit, must say. Lars not committing any mistake? Don't know. One of the best music and business minds all over the world, and all of that... But uhm, don't know if he really doesn't.

I'm not here to talk shit about Metallica.
But they're two different things.

And, being a drummer, I'll tell you.
Nicko is nothing is nothing but class.
Lars hasn't got the touch, even if he has a lot of very important qualities for a guy playing in a big Metal/Rock band.
The mistakes are fewer and far between than the internet would have you believe. I've got a Nugs.net subscription where they have soundboards from just about every Metallica show 2003 and later and from everything I've heard from this (is it still going on?) tour, he's on it. Obviously, he's dumbed down his playing since the early/mid-90s, but, meh.

It's a weird dynamic in Metallica anyway where James is basically the metronome.

Over the last couple of years they slowed it down a little bit, must say. Lars not committing any mistake? Don't know. One of the best music and business minds all over the world, and all of that... But uhm, don't know if he really doesn't. Drumming ability and skills is NOT what the band needs him for.

I'm not here to talk shit about Metallica. I like Metallica. But they're two different things, as bands. Can't be compared. 0 scenography on one side. Full scenography on the other. And that's just one difference.
Metallica is mostly into thrash (among a few other incarnations) and as a institution is a way bigger than Maiden since the decades.

Is this the same guy? (from ''No Prayer'' tour short documentary)

Nice spotting, now that makes me wonder about that boxset with performances from non-documented tours. Would love that, even though I think it's a bit wishful thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back