Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Live After Death ------------------ Live Forever
makes sense, falls in the same category, shares same universe. You know what I mean.

I could see them doing a song in 2 or 3 sections, maybe a part 2 and part 3. Develop 1 theme or story in 2 or 3 parts. Might be Steve's sneaky way to beat Bruces EOTC run time, without actually creating a longer piece in one go.
Songs with Part 1 & Part 2 in their titles are a common thing for a concept album, but it's not the style of Maiden (so far in their discography). Maybe...

I don't think they will write a longer song than EOTC.

What are our bets regarding Belshazzar's Feast and WOTW. Which of them will be single and which album name. One thing is certain. Those two sentences are connected (Biblical story about Babylonian King). So... there's good chance that new album may be semi concept, because... remember older singles. They weren't indicative about albums.. Speed of Light, El Dorado, Different World, those songs where just some general ideas. This time it might be different.
Sorry for my English
My guess is the single is Writing on the Wall w/Belshazzar's Feast as a phrase used in the lyrics, with the album title being something completely different, probably the 3-word thing that the email message refers to.

Nope. TBOS is universally considered (by Maiden, too) their first double album (2 CD). Fear Of The Dark isn't and never was a double album. You're mistaken.

At the risk of sounding like an old fart, I am afraid you are wrong. Fear of the Dark was released as a 2LP. I can clearly remember it because I was around at that time and got the album as a present for my birthday (thank you mum and dad!).

Walthamstow Assembly Hall according to people responding to the tweet.

East 17 cover confirmed!!!11
And according to some articles - Iron Maiden was was formed in the area. Many hints and connections toward Iron Maiden and their beginnings.

At the risk of sounding like an old fart, I am afraid you are wrong. Fear of the Dark was released as a 2LP. I can clearly remember it because I was around at that time and got the album as a present for my birthday (thank you mum and dad!).

Yes, you're right! But they never considered it as a double album! Don't know why, but that's how it is! Also, I don't know if FOTD cd version came in 2 disks...... Anyway, the announcement of TBOS itself, on their site, stated it clearly: "Our first ever double studio album"

Yes, you're right! But they never considered it as a double album! Don't know why, but that's how it is! Also, I don't know if FOTD cd version came in 2 disks......

They did make a big thing of it being a 2LP back when it was released, but it would not be the first time that Rod has conveniently rewritten history for marketing purposes.

The CD release was just 1CD.

Yes, you're right! But they never considered it as a double album! Don't know why, but that's how it is! Also, I don't know if FOTD cd version came in 2 disks...... Anyway, the announcement of TBOS itself, on their site, stated it clearly: "Our first ever double studio album"
FOTD CD is a single album. I remember that they did this distinction somewhere about BOS Being their first double CD but they ended up forgetting about this. The “first of something” os always marketable

They did make a big thing of it being a 2LP back when it was released, but it would not be the first time that Rod has conveniently rewritten history for marketing purposes.

The CD release was just 1CD.

Thanks for the info! I was sure FOTD was 1 CD.
I "follow" the more up-to-date format, for this kind of things. The CD in the jewelcase are 2: it's a unique studio album, of course, but then it's a double!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back