Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue for me isn't the time they take in releasing a new album. They should do so only when they have written 10-11 songs worthy enough to be on a maiden album and if that process takes 10 years then so be it.

The issue here is that we have been able to determine they have already recorded the album in Paris and since then all the band members have been making hints since 2019 (watch this pace ironmaiden.com, steve and i are working on exciting things etc etc) without actually giving any freakin information. Obviously they do not realize what fans go through. When we know our favorite band who does not have many years left is sitting on an album for two years over some logistics/booking issues, it is hard to reconcile with that as a fan.

I don't also understand how releasing an album hurts them financially. If they earn their money through tours they would still be able to do so when the touring resumes. Meanwhile the fans can get familiarized with the new material. It is not as if fans will say oh we have heard the new album so we are not going to go see them live next year.

Something got broken around 2012, when the crazy "3 years-leg-nostalgia tours" started to become the norm.

Without checking the details I would guess not touring in winter anymore is what's causing the problem.

Which brings up the question for all us fans, the 3 years cycle of touring is too much, but would you be willing to accept a tour missing your territory if that was the cost of less touring? i.e. would you be happy for new album tour to be only in Europe and the next nostalgia tour to only be in the rest of the world or vice versa?

The issue for me isn't the time they take in releasing a new album. They should do so only when they have written 10-11 songs worthy enough to be on a maiden album and if that process takes 10 years then so be it.

The issue here is that we have been able to determine they have already recorded the album in Paris and since then all the band members have been making hints since 2019 (watch this pace ironmaiden.com, steve and i are working on exciting things etc etc) without actually giving any freakin information. Obviously they do not realize what fans go through. When we know our favorite band who does not have many years left is sitting on an album for two years over some logistics/booking issues, it is hard to reconcile with that as a fan.

I don't also understand how releasing an album hurts them financially. If they earn their money through tours they would still be able to do so when the touring resumes. Meanwhile the fans can get familiarized with the new material. It is not as if fans will say oh we have heard the new album so we are not going to go see them live next year.

THIS.

The main problem I have here is... They gave priority to promoters over fans. Yeah I understand that canceling LOTB III would be a massive loss for promoters and could even put some of them out of business.

However, while I understand that point, doing almost nothing for the fans during 2 years is absolutely disgraceful. Yeah preserving live music industry is one thing, but is there no middle ground between fans and business? If they rebranded LOTB III to a new album tour, I doubt more than 20% of the fans would ask for refund.

And yeah, it can be done. Devin Townsend for example... Rescheduled Empath volume 2 tour to 2022 and rebranded it to Lightwork tour 2022... An album that isn't even recorded...

The main problem I have here is... They gave priority to promoters over fans. Yeah I understand that canceling LOTB III would be a massive loss for promoters and could even put some of them out of business.

I don't think it works like that, if Maiden cancelled the tour they would owe compensation to the promoters. Happened here before, Prince cancelled some big stadium shows and had to pay promoters millions.

Without checking the details I would guess not touring in winter anymore is what's causing the problem.

Which brings up the question for all us fans, the 3 years cycle of touring is too much, but would you be willing to accept a tour missing your territory if that was the cost of less touring? i.e. would you be happy for new album tour to be only in Europe and the next nostalgia tour to only be in the rest of the world or vice versa?

That's also true. Bringing every tour to as many areas and fans as possible probably implies shorter legs, spanned in more years. They could still avoid using 3 years for the same tour, though. We're talking about 25/30 shows per year, nowadays. I guess 25/30 shows from January to March and other 25/30 from September to November (so with a 6 months full break, and 50/60 shows in total) wouldn't kill them... The months I wrote are just an example. If they need to do the festivals, let them do the festivals. They still could think about 2 legs in the same yesr. That way a year and a half would be used, instead of the normal 3.

Anyway, someone probably misunderstood a part of my previous posts. Although I firmly think and don't deny they're lazy, imho, I obviously think they fully earned the right to be so, in 45 years of hard work and activity.

I'm just saying that we shouldn't expect them to do the things we would like them to do, at the timing and in the way we would like to. They'll just wait for the perfect time (which to me will be WRONG, anyway, but that's not the point) for them and for them only.

They've missed so many occasions to make the fans happier over the last 15 months. A friggin' hidden b-side from the Amolad era. A rare live footage. A documentary where they talk about their music (what they are loved for, don't forget it...) or even the 4th part of the History Documentary.
But nothing came. How can I define their management and their being a band in a different way from being lazy and absent?

When, if not now? This doesn't change things, unfortunately: they earned the right to be so absent, lazy and only-focused on merchandising profit. Good for them.
Being disappointed is something we have to face with, surely not them... My love remains the same. They did too many wonderful things, in the past, to be angry with them.

Last edited:
I can't believe a band as big as Iron Maiden could be held ransom to some promoter/booking issues. This is a band that fly their own 747 around the world and sell out arenas. I am sure they can reach an agreement with promoters if they need to.

The Pandemic disrupted the entire music industry and there were cancelation of events worldwide for all large bands. Surely these things which are beyond the band's control would be covered by an insurance scheme. If the pandemic continues for another 5 years are we saying Maiden would be unable to release the album? This just doesn't make sense.

Prince is much, much bigger than Maiden.
I am sure Justin Bieber is also bigger than maiden and yet paid millions in fines to promoters for not honoring commitments.The circumstances behind the cancelation is the point. Promoters would be angry if a band/singer pulls out at the last moment without a valid reason.

In maiden's case, we are talking about a global pandemic that forced cancelation.

Bar the weird crowd noises at parts, Nights of the Dead is the same standard as albums like DOTR, En Vivo and The Book of Souls Live Chapter. Rock in Rio and Flight 666 may have a bit more magic about them, but the way this forum has gone on about NOTD as if it's some sort of catastrophe completely at odds with other Maiden live albums is total bullshit. Just people having a go at it because it's the new album and they don't want to appear to be fan boys.

Last edited:
In maiden's case, we are talking about a global pandemic that forced cancelation.

It didn't force cancelation, the gigs have not been cancelled merely postponed. If Maiden were to refuse to honour that commitment to play them in the future, then there is no way that promoters will not have had it as part of the contract that they will be compensated for loss of earnings.

It didn't force cancelation, the gigs have not been cancelled merely postponed. If Maiden were to refuse to honour that commitment to play them in the future, then there is no way that promoters will not have had it as part of the contract that they will be compensated for loss of earnings.

A number of the dates were cancelled when the tour was rescheduled to 2021 (e.g. Download festival).

As for Maiden keeping it "secret", you say this like its a good thing. Well, I'm happy for you that you are happy with the 'service' rendered by Maiden
I'm not happy about that, quite the contrary.
Bringing every tour to as many areas and fans as possible probably implies shorter legs, spanned in more years. They could still avoid using 3 years for the same tour, though. We're talking about 25/30 shows per year, nowadays. I guess 25/30 shows from January to March and other 25/30 from September to November (so with a 6 months full break, and 50/60 shows in total) wouldn't kill them... The months I wrote are just an example. If they need to do the festivals, let them do the festivals. They still could think about 2 legs in the same yesr. That way a year and a half would be used, instead of the normal 3.
Good suggestion.

Btw, History Documentary Part 4 has to be released... I mean, Part 3 ends with ''to be continued''. It would be interesting for the fans for sure.
NOTD as if it's some sort of catastrophe completely at odds with other Maiden live albums is total bullshit.
NOTD is a good live album - could have been way better with performances from 2018, without the strange audience noise and with a better production, but it's not bad by any means. Live Chapter is better in terms of the sound imo.

Edit: video release from LOTB tour is mandatory (given the awesome stage production and setlist) and can ''save'' the live album. A documentary about the tour would be great too (but they stopped releasing DVDs).

Last edited:
Bar the weird crowd noises at parts, Nights of the Dead is the same standard as albums like DOTR, En Vivo and The Book of Souls Live Chapter. Rock in Rio and Flight 666 may have a bit more magic about them, but the way this forum has gone on about NOTD as if it's some sort of catastrophe completely at odds with other Maiden live albums is total bullshit. Just people having a go at it because it's the new album and they don't want to appear to be fan boys.

It's not bad. It's rushed. It's got the worst (imo) and laziest album cover possible, and it's pretty much useless, without a video format release to go with it.

The whole band themselves perfectly know and are aware that it doesn't testify, as a product, their best "version" and form on stage. Bruce in primis.

FTGGOG, FOI and WED are the only three tracks I find to have a sense, in a Maiden live audio release these days. Clansman, TSOTC, Revelations... All these songs are far better in their Flight 666 / Rock In Rio versions.

And I don't define that release a catastrophe, personally. It was just evitable. It didn't cause me any trouble, given that I'm free not to purchase.

1. New Album
2. History Part 4 Documentary
3. Legacy Tour Dvd / Blu-Ray + a documentary

Those were, to me, the only things needed/desired over these 15 months.
In thar order.

Having said that, Live Chapter (2017) is imho far better than NOTD, under every aspect.

Last edited:
Nights Of The Dead beats the crap out of the (crap) live albums they released during the 90s!
Agree. Speaking of live albums in the 90's, well it's not a live album but the live versions of the songs from TEH tour (released in the singles from the BNW album) sounds great - pretty similar to the sound of RIR live album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back