Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope he's not referring to the 2021 tour since he said "If the Maiden thing goes on".

My theory is the new album is already done and the only reason we don't have it because touring is on halt. They could have totally made it during the pandemic and did the social distance thing in studio.

I don't know what to think but I'm sure that all the people at Sanctuary offices along with the record label have all planned and waiting for the green light (as Adrian said)

Forgive me for this, but we've been deprived from a future album perspective for years, by now.

When was the band sighted in Paris, when did the band possibly record their album? Was that 2020 or 2019?

Forgive me for this, but we've been deprived from a future album perspective for years, by now.

When was the band sighted in Paris, when did the band possibly record their album? Was that 2020 or 2019?
March to May 2019. Kevin Shirley arrived in Paris on the first or second day of March. He was there until late May or was it early June. I think the whole band were there from around Steve's birthday until late April. Nicko was the first one at home because he doesn't do overdubs I think.

If there is an album, just bloody release it like the rest of the bands.
Or at least say something about it, like "to be expected in month x of year x, more info later".

Meanwhile let's have some silliness with fake reasons why this takes so long.

"The band has not agreed on the album title and needs at least 20 more zoom sessions"

"Adrian Smith does not like his solo on the one but last track. He wants to make some more attempts but the only studio he wishes to use is closed due to covid restrictions"

"Nicko changed gear again and wishes to re-record his drums, thus the whole album."

"Adrian Smith has been remixing the album"

"The band does not agree with Janick's two new song titles 'The Patience of the Beast' and 'Cabaret Tears'".

Last edited:
I stand by the presumption that they can't make any statements about the album because they are contractually obliged to finish the LOTB cycle first.

How about... "It's pointless to release an album when Maiden can't tour with it. Let's just sit back and wait for things to return to normal."

Might not be fake, but it is a silly reason.

I stand by the presumption that they can't make any statements about the album because they are contractually obliged to finish the LOTB cycle first.
I suppose they could choose to cancel it with regard to force majeure clauses. Depends on the framework of definitions of the supposed clause though if it isn't regulated by law.

Last edited:
I suppose they could choose to cancel it with regard to force majeure clauses. Depends on the framework of definitions of the supposed clause though if it isn't regulated by law.

Force majeure would cut it if the contract says "a third LOTB leg has to be absolved in 2020/21". If that's not the case and there is no temporal limit to this leg, force majeure is meaningless because there are no legal reasons to cancel the tour rather than delay it.

Reactions: Yax
And just to be clear, I'm poking in the dark just like everybody else is. I'm not claiming to know that this is the reason why a new album is not being released. I'm just saying it's the scenario that makes the most sense to me.

Or at least say something about it, like "to be expected in month x of year x, more info later".

"The band has not agreed on the album title and needs at least 20 more zoom sessions"

"Adrian Smith does not like his solo on the one but last track. He wants to make some more attempts but the only studio he wishes to use is closed due to covid restrictions"

"Nicko changed gear again and wishes to re-record his drums, thus the whole album."

"Adrian Smith has been remixing the album"

"The band does not agree with Janick's two new song titles 'The Patience of the Beast' and 'Cabaret Tears'".
Pure Gold maestro

Maybe they just think that releasing an album, which is more likely than not, going to be their last, deserves better than the anti-climax of being released in the middle of a pandemic.

I agree with Perun that there definitely seems to be a determination to play those final LOTB dates that would suggest some sort of legal obligation.

March to May 2019. Kevin Shirley arrived in Paris on the first or second day of March. He was there until late May or was it early June. I think the whole band were there from around Steve's birthday until late April. Nicko was the first one at home because he doesn't do overdubs I think.
I think their original plan was: LOTB tour 3rd leg in 2020 (May-July), the first single (plus album title, songs and cover) in September and the release of the album in December with a tour for it in 2021-2022 (similar to TBOS tour cycle)...

^if the album was recorded and ready for a release in Paris in 2019.

Although the band says nothing about the new album, ''some very exciting things in the works'' (said by Adrian) and the comments about new music soon (said by Bruce during LOTB tour 2019) - I think is implied that it is about the new album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back