Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Dominic Sandbrook is an idiot.
2. Despite what idiots want to say about Sweden, their coronavirus (lack of) response has been a failure that has cost at least two thousand lives.

1:120 Swedes have caught COVID; 1:1780 have died. Sweden has the advantage of a low population density and cultural traditions that emphasize physical distance when possible.
Compare to Germany: 1:355 Germans have caught COVID, 1:8790 Germans died.
Compare to Canada (which has the population density advantage): 1:300 sick, 1:4165 dead.
And then Denmark (which did social distancing): 1:358 sick, 1:9364 dead.

So yeah, that's probably 3500ish unnecessary dead.

So...you tell me if it worked. And if a band full of people in their mid to late 60s is going to want to go to a country that still lets this virus run around haphazardly.

I'll add another point here:
3. The officials presumed that citizens were more responsible than they actually were. Some dumb cunt had tested positive for COVID-19 and still went to work at an elderly hospice, not to mention all the dumbfucks that still went skiing and shit.

3. The officials presumed that citizens were more responsible than they actually were. Some dumb cunt had tested positive for COVID-19 and still went to work at an elderly hospice, not to mention all the dumbfucks that still went skiing and shit.
Ah, good point. We have seen that elsewhere around the world as well.

Hey guys, long time larker I don't really post much just browse but I was looking on the maiden website on the touring update 2020/2021 article and halfway down I came across this message (This is mainly because we already had an extremely busy year lined up for 2021 and, as I’m sure you can imagine, a great deal of forward planning has already gone on and there’s only so much we can do within the timeline we are currently working on a possible return to as many of these countries as we can, in some guise, in the first half of 2022) I hope they don't extend the legacy of the beast tour until then as Nicko will be 70 in june 2022 and the other are mid 60"s now so wouldn't it be better if they have recorded a new album to release it early of mid next year then do an album world tour then by 2022 they should be on their farewell tour as no disrespect to maiden as there my fav band but it's only a matter of time before Nicko and maybe bruce's voice can't hold up and I dont really want to see them still touring in there 70's as It will be more like a parody. Im sure they knew what they want as they plan 1 year in advance so unless they don't make or release a new album and just do a world tour then call it quits maybe? Sorry for the long message and looking forward to replies on your views :)

I'm fairly confident the "return in some guise" means that those places will be getting the new album tour in 2022.

The rescheduled LOTB dates have been squeezed into a month, so I think they're going to be running straight into a new album tour afterwards.

It's increasingly looking like that's going to be the case tbh. No signs of covid stopping, and even if we get a vaccine there's a pretty gigantic logistical operation involved in distributing it worldwide. And that's before the anti-vaxxer morons get involved.

I've been pretty sure for long time that there won't be shows and festivals and happenings next year. LOTB and others, not gonna happen. Covid shows no signs of going away and surely things won't be better next summer.
I know I would like to see Maiden and other great bands live again as soon as possible, but Im really sad as I don't when that day will be.
So, I hope that Maiden will now finally forget that unnecessary 3rd leg of LOTB (which was not needed anyways) and then when it's possible, release the new album and then to full new album tour. Hoping that to happen.

Agree we all or most of us in agreement that album 17 has already been written and recorded? I ask, because I’m a touch irritated that when we finally get it, it will already be 3 years old. Also, imagine being in Iron Maiden and having had just completed an awesome new album and not being able to share it for years. That’s gotta be frustrating.

edit: goddamn phone posting Bullshit grumble grumble

Last edited:
Yeah, they really should have just released the album and done some paid live stream concerts in this gap period. Then finish up LOTB whenever, and relaunch the album with new marketing for the formal tour afterward. Earn more money, please more fans. Oh well.

Agree we all or most of us in agreement that album 17 has already been written and recorded? I ask, because I’m a touch irritated that when we finally get it, it will already be 3 years old. Also, imagine being in Iron Maiden and having had just completed an awesome new album and not being able to share it for years. That’s gotta be frustrating.

edit: goddamn phone posting Bullshit grumble grumble

I'm not in agreement, but I don't see a point in arguing it now.

Question: do you think Maiden (and other big names) will go back to releasing live DVDs/Blu-Rays (say, of the LOTB tour) to compensate (a little) for the loss of income from concerts?
This is a wild guess, but right now, they could be considering whether they should release that OR the (potentially finished) new album, though knowing they won't be able to tour it for a while.

Question: do you think Maiden (and other big names) will go back to releasing live DVDs/Blu-Rays (say, of the LOTB tour) to compensate (a little) for the loss of income from concerts?
This is a wild guess, but right now, they could be considering whether they should release that OR the (potentially finished) new album, though knowing they won't be able to tour it for a while.
They'll release Nicko's book first.

It would be a very little, to be honest :p

BTW I don’t know what to think, probably they would have to reconsider their contract with the management.

Don't think the price of anything will really be effected as the kids don't buy anything full stop, and if you jack up the price the aul fellas will stop buying what they have been buying.

I think merch and stuff like the books and beers are probably more likely than a DVD release, especially an old school re-release as that was usually just an excuse to do a tour and they can't tour now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back