Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
…coming fairly shortly? so it's possible new album this year?

I hope Bruce is not mocking us, because......

he keeps saying that one day they will play ATG (he said this in Greece a couple of times), but that still not happens,
before the start of TBOS tour in 2016, he said (if I'm not mistaken) that they will play a song that was not played live before and the song that he meant was COTD...

I hope for a release 'till the end of this year.... in December, for example. This is my wild guess.

before the start of TBOS tour in 2016, he said (if I'm not mistaken) that they will play a song that was not played live before and the song that he meant was COTD...

If I remember correctly, he mentioned playing a song that "would surprise people because they never play this one" (i.e. a song that had not been played for a long time or is not played often).

I hope Bruce is not mocking us, because......

he keeps saying that one day they will play ATG (he said this in Greece a couple of times), but that still not happens,

I hope for a release 'till the end of this year.... in December, for example. This is my wild guess.
He never said they will play a song they haven't played before. People went on and on about this back then as well. Bruce said they will play a song which makes the fans go "oh my god, they never play that song". That doesn't mean they haven't played it before, just that it's very rarely played.

Then I'm sure that Bruce will announce the release date of the new album in the last gig in Chile.
I have been kind of expecting something like that for a long time. At least that he will confirm they have a new album coming. Either this year or next year. Maybe not the title and release date/month, but that they will have a new album out soon. But he might also just say the same things he has been saying, shitload of new songs in the near future etc.

I am starting to think they might want to capitalise on the success of the tour and release the new album shortly after it ends.
Same here. The success they are having in the US now might help them get their first number one album there, but then they might have to release it quite quickly after the tour.

I am starting to think they might want to capitalise on the success of the tour and release the new album shortly after it ends.
I thought you were better than this. :(

I don't see it happening so abruptly. There will surely be a massive promotional and merchandising campaign for it which won't be particularly effective over a short time frame.

I don't see it happening so abruptly. There will surely be a massive promotional and merchandising campaign for it which won't be particularly effective over a short time frame.

I wouldn't be surprised if the information about the album release is tied with a tour announcement for 2020. If we were to assume that Maiden would be playing Europe during the summer of 2020, dates would have to be announced at some point during the Autumn.

Last edited:

Looking back at the promotional campaign for TBOS it wasn't much..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back