Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
To those who had been following Maiden at the time: Did the release of TBOS feel bigger than any other release since BNW?
Only bigger in the sense that the double album announcement captured a lot of interest.

Honestly, AMOLAD felt like a bigger deal when it came out because early buzz was pretty hot, and when Maiden announced they were so happy with the new album that they were going to play it start to finish on the tour, that was pretty crazy. And the album was actually great.

I think we can all agree that an ideal scenario would be that the album #17 turns out to be better than both, Load and The X-Factor, regardless how high you rank them at the moment. :p
I'm truly looking forward to Bruce and Janick resuming their writing partnership. And maybe REAL riffs from Dave Murray (and not random lingering notes on always the same arpeggios again)... but I'm being a bit greedy here. ;)

I get the feeling the new album is gonna be massive. Double album, maybe longer than TBOS.

'Shitload of new songs' New album's title

Iron Maiden is going to try out do Tool and release a triple CD with only five songs spread over the discs.

Yeah, precisely. It fits the general evolution: The title track will begin with ten minutes of ominous strumming and Bruce being all theatrical like:

"There once was a band that did like to prance
Did journey e'rywhere when given just the chance
But just before the cold gripped the old men's bones
They forged in their hearth five Infinity Stones soooongs"

Then it gets faster with a mid-paced riff
...and then the chorus

"A shitlooooad of new songs
A shitlooooad of new songs we have
A shitlooooad of new songs
in a shitlooooooad of new songs."

Oh, and the obligatory
"WHOOOOAH"

Jokes aside, I'm looking forward to this.
But I don't think they will change their M.O. significantly - it's gonna be mostly long, darker songs with lotsa acoustic intros, hinting-at-prog-but-not-quite-getting-there from time to time and two or three shorter, quicker "hits" which are probably going to be considered the lesser tracks by most.
Still gonna preorder it.

Yeah, precisely. It fits the general evolution: The title track will begin with ten minutes of ominous strumming and Bruce being all theatrical like:

"There once was a band that did like to prance
Did journey e'rywhere when given just the chance
But just before the cold gripped the old men's bones
They forged in their hearth five Infinity Stones soooongs"

Then it gets faster with a mid-paced riff
...and then the chorus

"A shitlooooad of new songs
A shitlooooad of new songs we have
A shitlooooad of new songs
in a shitlooooooad of new songs."

Oh, and the obligatory
"WHOOOOAH"

But I don't think they will change their M.O. significantly - it's gonna be mostly long, darker songs with lotsa acoustic intros, hinting-at-prog-but-not-quite-getting-there from time to time and two or three shorter, quicker "hits" which are probably going to be considered the lesser tracks by most.
Still gonna preorder it.
I actually pictured Bruce singing this when reading the post. :bigsmile:

Still gonna preorder it.
If they wish to continue the current trend I'm cool with that. Being a fan since the 80's I can honestly say I enjoy the reunion era albums just as much as "golden era" ones. For me I think BNW, AMOLAD, and TBOS are as good as any album from the 80's. DoD and TFF I love overall but are only just a tier below.

Last edited:
If they wish to continue the current trend I'm cool with that. Being a fan since the 80's I can honestly say I enjoy the reunion era albums just as much as "golden era" ones. For me I think BNW, AMOLAD, and TBOS are as good as any album from the 80's. DoD and TFF I love but overall but are only just a tier below.

Hear! Hear!

I would like a concept album to be honest.
I don't like concept albums.

Songs should stand on their own, not fit into some longer narrative where they need to be listened in a particular order and all together.
I don't have time to listen to a whole album in a sitting.
And I don't want songs compromised in order to fit an overall theme.

But that's just me. You like them, that's fine.

The best concept albums are like that. Abigail and Operation: Mindcrime for instance. Heavy storylines but you can take out an individual song and it’s still awesome.

But also I find it disappointing that to many listeners the album as an art form has diminished. Songs can work well on their own, but how much better can they sound when a piece of a wider body of music? And I don’t just mean conceptual or themed albums, albums with songs that have no connections from track to track have unique feels to them. Iron Maiden are a band that has always done the individual songs good, full albums even better idea really well, at least in my opinion.

The best concept albums are like that. Abigail and Operation: Mindcrime for instance. Heavy storylines but you can take out an individual song and it’s still awesome.
I don't like Operation: Mindcrime, only one good song on that album. I've never read through the lyrics so the whole concept aspect of it is totally lost on me.
I've not heard of Abigail.

mmmm........how soon Brucey??

Even Eddie can't wait the tour's over, so then he can continue with his new journey (the next album cover)... looking at the tour schedule :lol:

Attachments

• EEMY1v6X4AEwI1x.jpg
    EEMY1v6X4AEwI1x.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 6
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back