Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
O2 arena sold 93% of tickets in 2018 for LOTB (34,788 tickets)
O2 arena sold 100% of tickets in 2017 for TBOS (34,427 tickets) which is odd. More seats must have been available for that tour.

TBOS played to larger venues in Europe than LOTB. Example is Sweden. During TBOS, they played in Uvelli which is 55,000 and sold 98% of tickets. In 2018 on LOTB, they played Tele2 which has a capacity of 37,221 and sold out. Berlin played on both tours. TBOS sold out 20,274 tickets but LOTB sold 15,575 tickets. Their new albums seem to, in fact draw bigger crowds. With that said, SBIT broke their record as the best selling tour of their career in Europe

They played Dublin 13k on TBOS and Belfast 10k on LOTB, although the smaller venue was more likely due to rotating between Dublin and Belfast which they have done since 2010 than them expecting a smaller crowd.

O2 arena sold 93% of tickets in 2018 for LOTB (34,788 tickets)
O2 arena sold 100% of tickets in 2017 for TBOS (34,427 tickets) which is odd. More seats must have been available for that tour.

Both dates at the O2 were sold-out in 2018 at increased capacity compared to the dates from 2017 (there seems to be a mistake in the Billboard figures as there were no tickets available on the day of the show).

TBOS played to larger venues in Europe than LOTB.

Not true in all territories, as they played their biggest ever show in Spain in 2018 and there were several other shows with more people in attendance than in the same city on TBOS tour (e.g. Milan, Prague, Manchester although in the latter the 2018 UK tour was less extensive than the 2017 one, their most successful ever in their home)

Example is Sweden. During TBOS, they played in Uvelli which is 55,000 and sold 98% of tickets. In 2018 on LOTB, they played Tele2 which has a capacity of 37,221 and sold out.

They also headlined Sweden Rock in 2018. ;)

Bottom line is that both tours have been pretty successful and quite similar in terms of attendance on most places.

Last edited:
Their new albums seem to, in fact draw bigger crowds. With that said, SBIT broke their record as the best selling tour of their career in Europe
Another thing is that the demand for Maiden in 2016 probably was a bit higher several places considering they didn't tour at all in 2015. 2018 was the third year in a row they did gigs in Europe, altough 2017 only saw them visit the some countries. For instance they hadn't done a UK arena tour in six years when they played there in 2017. Obviously they would attract more people because of that, not because it was a new album tour.

Well, that is kind of why I asked for the 2017 numbers, as there are similar situations (Maiden toured the year before, similar number of dates, etc).

Well, that is kind of why I asked for the 2017 numbers, as there are similar situations (Maiden toured the year before, similar number of dates, etc).

You can check it for yourself. ;)

More official box office score data for the 2018 tour can be found here:

There are some differences, with some venues seeing more tickets sold in 2017 (e.g. 20026 tickets sold at GelreDome in Arnhem in 2018 vs 21439 in 2017) and others seeing more tickets sold in 2018 (e.g. 14758 in Manchester in 2018 vs 13687 in 2017 and 34778 in London in 2018 vs 34427 in 2017). In some places the numbers went up quite a bit (e.g. Milan, with 11264 tickets sold in 2017 and 16272 in 2018), whilst others showed the opposite trend (e.g. Berlin, with 20274 tickets sold in 2017 vs 15757 in 2018). Gross figures are higher for the most part for the 2018 tour.

Whichever way you look at the figures, Iron Maiden are more popular nowadays than they have ever been in the past.

This is pure conjecture and isn't based on numerical evidence, but the gig in Birmingham last year felt a lot busier and a lot more crowded than the one in 2017, in the same city.

Again, pure conjecture.

Some people on the fanclub have been told that the theme for the new album is the earth and environment.

This will be the theme for the title track and/or for 1 or at most 2 other songs, I guess.

I wonder how will look the album cover. Eddie on top of the planet Earth...

excuse me ,is this an iron maiden FAN forum ? because all i see is people making fun of them or mocking their songs ,their lyrics , their age and so on...looks like more like an anti-maiden forum or something

excuse me ,is this an iron maiden FAN forum ? because all i see is people making fun of them or mocking their songs ,their lyrics , their age and so on...looks like more like an anti-maiden forum or something
It works like an old couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back