Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Maiden tried something like what Priest did with firepower, in terms of sound, their album would go straight to n.1 everywhere including the U.S. They should really take Smith’s opinion seriously just like they should have done when he insisted on staying on the 7th son path instead of doing what they did with the next 2 Dickinson-fronted post 7th son albums.

If Maiden tried something like what Priest did with firepower, in terms of sound, their album would go straight to n.1 everywhere including the U.S. They should really take Smith’s opinion seriously just like they should have done when he insisted on staying on the 7th son path instead of doing what they did with the next 2 Dickinson-fronted post 7th son albums.

You mean the album that went to number two followed by the one that went to number one, accompanied by three top 3 singles? Yeah, they really messed that up, didn't they.

It's too late, but english speaking fans should create online petition about the way albums are recorded ('live' thing) and produced, or keeping Steve away from mixing desk. I think band would take a note. Suddenly Smith's "polished" opinion would gain strength. Of course, the petition should be compiled correctly. Sending a mass message to a band in the internet age is very easy.

Last edited:
It's too late, but english speaking fans should create online petition about the way albums are produced, or keeping Steve away from mixing desk. I think band would take a note. Suddenly Smith's "polished" opinion would gain strength. Of course, the petition should be compiled correctly. Sending a mass message to a band in the internet age is very easy.
As much as I would also prefer different production on this one, I really don't think this would be the way to go. Petitions rarely work, and even in the almost impossible scenario that it did, I don't think it's our place to tell them how to make their creative output, and wouldn't want them so easily influenced by a few anonymous ticks on the internet.

It's too late, but english speaking fans should create online petition about the way albums are produced, or keeping Steve away from mixing desk. I think band would take a note. Suddenly Smith's "polished" opinion would gain strength. Of course, the petition should be compiled correctly. Sending a mass message to a band in the internet age is very easy.
Petitions have been ignored for 'Alexander the Great' and would be ignored for changing the production. Steve is the boss.

I would prefer a more "polished" sound too but, you know, it is what it is.

Yeah an online petition is useless.

We need an influencer somewhere to reach Steve and then make Steve believe that giving away control to an outside producer was his own idea all along...But someone gotta plant the idea first :p

Last edited:
I think you guys are being unfair to Steve Harris. This guy is a professional musician who has worked in his industry for 40 years. He clearly knows what kind of sound he is looking for. He is probably also aware that some fans don't like the sound of recent Maiden albums. I'm sure he has gotten pushback from within the band too. The reason the band has been around as long as it has is precisely that they don't follow the advice of fans who think they know better than the people making the music.

You mean the album that went to number two followed by the one that went to number one, accompanied by three top 3 singles? Yeah, they really messed that up, didn't they.
Yeah they messed up cause they lost much of their fanbase worldwide and British charts aren’t the only measuring stick. The downgrade in popularity from 7th to NPFTD was huge.

As for how I know Smith’s opinion it is obvious that he wants more polished sounding albums, I think he has vaguely expressed that in some of his interviews. Oh and I know how TBOS did but a much better sounding album would get them that n.1 in the U.S, at least that is my opinion.

I think you guys are being unfair to Steve Harris. This guy is a professional musician who has worked in his industry for 40 years. He clearly knows what kind of sound he is looking for. He is probably also aware that some fans don't like the sound of recent Maiden albums. I'm sure he has gotten pushback from within the band too. The reason the band has been around as long as it has is precisely that they don't follow the advice of fans who think they know better than the people making the music.
The guy ruined a masterpiece, the x-factor, with his horrible production, he isn’t perfect.

I'm just saying that Steve is not a good producer. GREAT songwriter, bassist and showman, but producing clearly is not one of his strengths.

Steve is a much better producer now than he was in 1995, though. I think we can all agree on that.

It's possible that Steve is a control freak who wants to own every process possible when it comes to Iron Maiden's music.

It is also equally possible that Steve loves making music, from the first time a riff goes through his head to the last pressing of the last album, and wants to be a part of the process at each and every step.

I don't know which is true, but I like the second one more than the first so I choose to believe that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back