Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be surprised if the still
Fair enough (that is why I said 5 years at best). Anyway, since Bruce's cancer I am well aware that they are not going to be around forever and, therefore, I will make the most of the time they have left.

To be honest, I'd rather hear the songs in the original key. Bruce is doing an impressive job.

I don't understand the fascination with downtuning, particularly in making excuses for BALZE.

Bruce's most high pitched singing is possibly Trumpets of Jericho and that's tuned down to A. Downtuning doesn't necessarily mean easier to sing.

EDIT: Although Mr Knickerbocker's suggestion of a half step wouldn't be a huge deal for me

Last edited:
To be honest, I'd rather hear the songs in the original key. Bruce is doing an impressive job.

We all would, including Steve, but it's a literal matter of physical ability. A 70 year old man simply cannot hit the same high notes as a 25 year old man. Bruce is doing a better job than literally anybody in that regard, but age is real.

I don't understand the fascination with downtuning, particularly in making excuses for BALZE.
Bruce's most high pitched singing is possibly Trumpets of Jericho and that's tuned down to A. Downtuning doesn't necessarily mean easier to sing.

It does mean easier to sing. It's a half-pitch lower, you're not straining as hard for those upper notes and it creates less stress on your vocal cords (especially when you're singing night after night).

If the option is no more Iron Maiden live shows or downtuning, gimme downtuning.

As I have stated before, I can't see them playing past 2022 since Nicko will be 70 by then and taking for granted that if one of them stops, they all stop.

So it could very well be that the upcoming album tour will also be a farewell tour... Something like 2020-22?

Whilst it does seem like there's some positive evidence in favour of some recording going on, the fact that this year's tour is rolling on until mid-October makes it unlikely that a new album would be released this year, given that there are normally a couple of months promo in advance.

Whilst it does seem like there's some positive evidence in favour of some recording going on, the fact that this year's tour is rolling on until mid-October makes it unlikely that a new album would be released this year, given that there are normally a couple of months promo in advance.

I'm betting we get a GMETID/TFF-type situation: album announcement before the summer "hits" tour with maybe one new preview song (probably in place of The Wicker Man) to drum up hype for the new album, and then an album release in the fall after the tour is over. Full album+plane tour next year.

I'm betting we get a GMETID/TFF-type situation: album announcement before the summer "hits" tour with maybe one new preview song (probably in place of The Wicker Man) to drum up hype for the new album, and then an album release in the fall after the tour is over. Full album+plane tour next year.

I doubt that. But an album announcement and possible taster to follow the end of the tour sounds plausible. I might be wrong though (obviously :D).

The idea that by this summer Maiden, Bruce, & Steve (& who knows, maybe even H) are all sitting on albums and we've not heard any new music...

h65B3F079

Their PR machine is impressive. They don't actually need to lift a finger to get fan rumours going, just get some bloke they know to make a cryptic post on social media from time to time.

The idea that by this summer Maiden, Bruce, & Steve (& who knows, maybe even H) are all sitting on albums and we've not heard any new music...

h65B3F079
All four will be released as a box set. The premium edition will cost £100 and will include a crate of Sun & Steel beer and a bonus CD of Nicko's Crooners Covers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back