Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not 100% sure on what a limp pimp is. Can you elaborate?

It's a bit of an enigma sort of, aye?
I had various degrees from which to choose: do I go with limp pimp, limp gimp, limp shrimp, limp wimp, limp chimp, limp biscuit - fairly hard choice right, John. It's like say spam pam had a brother....

I suppose studio album #17 will be really LAST ONE from the band. It must be something special!

Yes! Like their proggiest/"proggiest" and longest record to date (2006, 2011, 2015...)! Or a first double album (2015)! Or their most "epic" record ever with first full-acoustic song (2003)!

My point is that looking back, every Maiden record has had some special trait and for sure #17 will have something as well. :) We'll see what it'll be.

I don't expect any drastic changes from the previous three, but I believe we might get a bit more "airy and etheric", BNW-style, record soundwise - if Shirley & Harris are up for it - and who knows, maybe one or two "arrangemental oddities" aka Empire of The Journeymen.

It's a bit of an enigma sort of, aye?
I had various degrees from which to choose: do I go with limp pimp, limp gimp, limp shrimp, limp wimp, limp chimp, limp biscuit - fairly hard choice right, John. It's like say spam pam had a brother....
Are you speaking in tongues?

No more EU
No more EU
No more EU
No more EU
(x16)

If Steve writes it. Bruce's approach to writing such lyrics would include connecting EU & Brexit to Ancient Egypt, some Aleister Crowley references and some seemingly random comic book reference that actually feels natural, because it has something do with the original myth Bruce is incorporating to the story and because it just fits there.

"Why's that there?"
"Because it is."

Yes! Like their proggiest/"proggiest" and longest record to date (2006, 2011, 2015...)! Or a first double album (2015)! Or their most "epic" record ever with first full-acoustic song (2003)!

My point is that looking back, every Maiden record has had some special trait and for sure #17 will have something as well. :) We'll see what it'll be.
I think they have actually been crafting each album since Dance of Death bearing in mind that it could be the last (health issues + had their success stagnated or dwindled after Dod, I think they would have called it quits already). In this regard, the particularities you describe (+ entitling AMOLAD's last song "The Legacy") do make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back