Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
BNW and AMOLAD are very good sounding albums. Live Chapter is also great for a live album - let's not forget that Maiden at least nowadays always try to capture that live sound in the studio when they record the albums.

Agreed. I quite like the sound Kevin got for TBOS.

I would be extremely surprised if Kevin Shirley does not end up producing their next album. A return to Guillaume Tell studios would be nice.

Agreed. I quite like the sound Kevin got for TBOS.

I would be extremely surprised if Kevin Shirley does not end up producing their next album. A return to Guillaume Tell studios would be nice.

Oh yeah, the sound on TBOS is very good too. Only on DOD and TFF (at times) the sound felt flat.

Or a return to the ''bloody'' Bahamas, Nassau, Compass Point Studios.

Or a return to the ''bloody'' Bahamas, Nassau, Compass Point Studios.

They might go there on a holiday, but definitely not to record an album as The Final Frontier was the final album recorded at the studios before they closed down for good. Apparently the place was on its last legs when Maiden were there in 2010.

Considering how TFF turned out there and the fact that it's not really that good anymore, perhaps not.

Probably I will rank TFF as the worst album from the reunion, but it is a little underrated I think - some amazing songs on it.
They might go there on a holiday, but definitely not to record an album as The Final Frontier was the final album recorded at the studios before they closed down for good. Apparently the place was on its last legs when Maiden were there in 2010.

That's sad, because it is a special place for Maiden, I guess - I mean, the albums POM, Powerslave and SIT (+TFF) were recorded there. :)

Oh yeah, the sound on TBOS is very good too. Only on DOD and TFF (at times) the sound felt flat.
DOD is brickwalled. Horrible mix.

I can't listen to the studio versions of the songs because of that. Which is a shame, since there are quite few amazing songs on it.

DOD is brickwalled. Horrible mix.

I can't listen to the studio versions of the songs because of that. Which is a shame, since there are quite few amazing songs on it.

The sound mix on songs like Rainmaker and the title track is great I think. But overall, not like the quality of the BNW mix and AMOLAD, which are superb.

The sound mix on songs like Rainmaker and the title track is great I think. But overall, not like the quality of the BNW mix and AMOLAD, which are superb.

Just as with TXF and VXI every song played live from DoD sounds better. Even TFF apart from first two tracks. That to me points to problematic production.

I have doubts because they do not used Kevin for the Live Chapter and that happened for the first time since he works with the band.
I think Steve realised that Newton could mix a live album well enough and that they could save a lot of money by not hiring Shirley this time. I see him as a studio technician, more than a producer though, like Nigel Green was during the Blaze era.

Every Maiden song is better live, always has been through out their career even when Birch was producing.

Nah man, I'd wish. Of all the SiT songs only Heaven Can Wait sounds better live.

Nah man, I'd wish. Of all the SiT songs only Heaven Can Wait sounds better live.

I used to have only two exceptions to my theory, 23:58 which I think is much of a muchness between the live and studio versions as to which was better, and Wasted Years. However, I think recent versions of WY are better than the studio version.

EDIT:Actually, I take your point CSIT is definitely better on the album (maybe a new 3 guitar live version might beat it!), and Bruce often got lost during the pre-chorus/chorus maze of SIASL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back