Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't sound anything like Maiden, but it'd certainly be interesting.

Not that I actually want to see it happen, just to clarify. :p

Changing producer is not going to bring back folks who gave up on Maiden in the 90's! o_O
Agreed. Maiden also won't be interested in pleasing a relatively small number of people. They've been selling out arenas for the last 15 years without those people.
I've said it before and I'll say it again - with Z as the fourth guitarist, it warrants an introduction of Bruce's solo work into the setlist and that would be badass. :ok:
Roy Z will not be joining Maiden and none of Bruce's solo work will appear in an Iron Maiden setlist. So stop saying it.

Steve Harris has editorial control over what Maiden's music sounds like now. He's probably completely happy with the current arrangement with Kevin Shirley as producer and the musical direction Maiden have taken on recent albums. A new producer, be it Andy Sneap or Roy Z, will not change that.
I’d swap out Janick for Roy Z. in a heartbeat. Adrian and Dave are irreplaceable, though.
::)

I've said it before and I'll say it again - with Z as the fourth guitarist, it warrants an introduction of Bruce's solo work into the setlist and that would be badass. :ok:
USER=27390]@Gk1[/USER] .
I would welcome Darkside of Aquarius into the set!

Reactions: Jer
Maiden already went back to their roots with TBOS. Speed of Light, Death or Glory, and Tears of a Clown are some of the most 80s sounding songs they’ve done since the reunion (all Adrian songs btw). The short songs on there are actually pretty tight, unlike the short songs on the previous two albums. I’m guessing Adrian’s prog phase is over and the next album will have more short rockers from him. It’s easy to forget that he was really the one responsible for Maiden’s commercial side in the 80s.

The fans who left them in the 90s aren’t coming back. People who constantly complain about the new material aren’t going to stop complaining. Those people can’t be pleased and I think Maiden continues to be more and more successful because they don’t try to please those people. Those who complain about Kevin Shirley don’t realize that he really has nothing to do with the music. He’s a very hands off producer and that’s why he still has a job with Maiden. Bringing in a Roy Z or Andy Sneap won’t make a difference unless they’re replacing Steve.

I want Maiden to keep doing what they’re doing. Judas Priest’s career is a disaster in comparison to Maiden so i don’t know why Maiden would want to take a page out of their book. They’ve got the winning formula, best not mess with it.

I want to see Bruce open for Maiden, with Roy Z and Adrian in his band. Why not? He could do it, at least for a few shows.

A couple of "Tears of a Clown" style quality five minuters, handful of 6-8min songs with good structures and a couple of obligatory, a bit bloated yet still amazing mammoth-size songs with one or two deathorglorys/speedoflights/rainmakers thrown in the mix would be as perfect as things can get now, in my opinion.

No looking backwards, but no overbloating and stretching stuff too much either; TBOS is great as it is, but next time the similar basic structure and songwriting style could be fitted in, say, 9 tracks and I'd say it would be The Optimal Maiden Steps Into 2020's Album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back