Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is possible for Maiden to write a album for 3 months. TBOS was written for such a period of time, if I'm not mistaken and if I remember right, they also wrote AMOLAD about 2 months earlier? Maybe 3 months is enough time for Maiden to come up at least with the basic ideas for the songs - after all they are great compositors. Also, the majority of TFF album was written before the band went on to the studio - If I'm not mistaken they had 7 songs more or less ready and the other 3 (WTWWB, The Alchemist and TMWWBK-which is a song written in the very last day of the studio sessions, and that were 2 songs merged into 1 by Davey) were written in the studio.

I wonder if Maiden will write again a song with title that was first used by Bruce on his solo albums. :innocent:

@Kalata When the Wild Wind Blows came from a very old demo idea, from 1992 if not mistaken.
Finished in the studio perhaps, but certainly not (entirely) written.

I wonder if Maiden will write again a song with title that was first used by Bruce on his solo albums. :innocent:

Myself I would be up for Maiden's "Navigate The Seas Of The Sun" in story telling style of TTAL with epic solo part in the second half and mixing more and more references to Bruce's song, sort of like DT connected Metropolis pt. 1 and then used samples, lyrics and melodies in the Metropolis pt. 2 SFAM album.

I think it is possible for Maiden to write a album for 3 months. TBOS was written for such a period of time, if I'm not mistaken and if I remember right, they also wrote AMOLAD about 2 months earlier? Maybe 3 months is enough time for Maiden to come up at least with the basic ideas for the songs - after all they are great compositors. Also, the majority of TFF album was written before the band went on to the studio - If I'm not mistaken they had 7 songs more or less ready and the other 3 (WTWWB, The Alchemist and TMWWBK-which is a song written in the very last day of the studio sessions, and that were 2 songs merged into 1 by Davey) were written in the studio.

It's certainly possible, typically they take 3-5 months in the studio to write/record/mix the album.

I'm hoping that they're hitting the studio early next year to record an album, and they'll announce/release at the end of 2019 once the LOTB tour is wrapped up.

Might be easier to judge once we see the 2019 tour dates, if they aren't heading out till May then there's definitely been enough time to get an album done.

It's certainly possible, typically they take 3-5 months in the studio to write/record/mix the album.

I'm hoping that they're hitting the studio early next year to record an album, and they'll announce/release at the end of 2019 once the LOTB tour is wrapped up.

Might be easier to judge once we see the 2019 tour dates, if they aren't heading out till May then there's definitely been enough time to get an album done.

That will be the perfect scenario. :ok:

Let's hope they get Bob Ezrin or someone of that caliber on board for once. It's been thirty (!) years since their last very-good sounding album.

Let's hope they get Bob Ezrin or someone of that caliber on board for once. It's been thirty (!) years since their last very-good sounding album.
I think the production on The Book of Souls: Live Chapter is great. Tony Newton should produce the next studio album.

BNW and AMOLAD are very good sounding albums. Live Chapter is also great for a live album - let's not forget that Maiden at least nowadays always try to capture that live sound in the studio when they record the albums.

Roy Z will be a good choice, Andy Sneap is a very good producer too (fantastic heavy, loud, clean sound), but probably it will be again Kevin Shirley with Steve, although, I have doubts because they do not used Kevin for the Live Chapter and that happened for the first time since he works with the band.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back