Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last couple of albums haven’t had any proper singles. The speed of light thing was a Best Buy exclusive and not available anywhere else in that format anywhere in the world and due to this was not eligible in any charts as a proper single.

Same with the final frontier album. They released some promo exclusive thing for eldorado but apart from a couple of videos they never actually released any chart eligible singles.

Maiden used to be one of the best bands for singles as they always made an effort with great artwork and cool b-sides. Shame that’s all gone now.

The last ep they released was the no more lies ep which was cool as it has a couple of nice bonus tracks.

The last couple of albums haven’t had any proper singles. The speed of light thing was a Best Buy exclusive and not available anywhere else in that format anywhere in the world and due to this was not eligible in any charts as a proper single.

Same with the final frontier album. They released some promo exclusive thing for eldorado but apart from a couple of videos they never actually released any chart eligible singles.

Maiden used to be one of the best bands for singles as they always made an effort with great artwork and cool b-sides. Shame that’s all gone now.

The last ep they released was the no more lies ep which was cool as it has a couple of nice bonus tracks.

True, I really miss the old singles. I never really bought singles except for Maiden ... primarily for the art work, the B-sides, and in pre-internet days a chance to hear part of the album early (aka the A-side)

I could see it slowly coming back. TFF had nothing, but TBOS at least had a physical CD for Speed of Light available somewhere, plus they released Empire of the Clouds with an interview on the b side. Maybe next time they’ll record something, put out some live tracks, or release the AMOLAD covers.

The singles were good from the frist album to the BNW ! DOD singles were let's say half good with poor artwork ! and the AMOLAD singles were pretty good and surprising.
Then from that on it is really sad that Maiden do not do at least, artwork for their singles ! Eddie is the best !!! :cool:

The singles were good from the frist album to the BNW ! DOD singles were let's say half good with poor artwork ! and the AMOLAD singles were pretty good and surprising.
Then from that on it is really sad that Maiden do not do at least, artwork for their singles ! Eddie is the best !!! :cool:

Your right except he artworknfor the wicker man single was crap, just a picture of the band lol.

Maiden always made an effort with their singles but I guess in this modern world it’s really not worth releasing singles as they don’t sell these days. They could at least make up a single and only sell it through their website as the hardcore will definitely buy it.

Your right except he artworknfor the wicker man single was crap, just a picture of the band lol.
I guess Kalata was referring to this version (or the transparent CD one):
10609_1.jpg

The_Wicker_Man_(song)

Maiden always made an effort with their singles but I guess in this modern world it’s really not worth releasing singles as they don’t sell these days. They could at least make up a single and only sell it through their website as the hardcore will definitely buy it.

That is what I am thinking, I do not really know the economics of it ... paying for the artwork, recording a b-side (given that live songs from the prior tour are pretty useless) or if they have other stuff in the vaults they could add as a b-side.

If they put one up ... I would buy it in a second, just not sure how many "mes" there are out there anymore.

I have 2 versions of The Wicker man single.

I really like the picture disc artwork ;)
hqdefault.jpg

@Black Bart ... you beat me to it ;)

Ah yes I remember the artwork better now. Can’t believe I forgot as I always buy every version of every single and I own the ones posted above. I think I was thinking of this one when I posted above.

Attachments

• A0D3AE37-5F21-4294-9190-8F33231596A0.jpeg
    A0D3AE37-5F21-4294-9190-8F33231596A0.jpeg
    421.7 KB · Views: 14
^ so much for picking Eddie so they don't have to pose for the cover ;)

^ so much for picking Eddie so they don't have to pose for the cover ;)

I think this one was a bit different ... they were really trying to pump up "Bruce is back ... so all of you that bailed on us should come back too"

Yeah, that's pretty much obvious :) Just saying never say never. I think they stopped that after mid 80s and the synth thingie tho.

When they make an album, it becomes a double CD. If they tried to make an EP it would become a normal length CD. At least.

When they make an album, it becomes a double CD. If they tried to make an EP it would become a normal length CD. At least.
You know they could actually run through the songs a few times and tighten them up a bit instead of recording one or two takes and splitting from the studio.

Ah yes I remember the artwork better now. Can’t believe I forgot as I always buy every version of every single and I own the ones posted above. I think I was thinking of this one when I posted above.
They also had this cover as well:

iron-maiden-the-wicker-man.jpg

No wonder people are getting confused. :p

I'm actually surprised (and a little relieved) they didn't follow a relatively common trend of the time and thus avoided using either one of those as the actual album cover. The first one in particular could've worked, just add cloud Eddie to the sky, but it would've been so out of place for a band that always uses artwork covers. I imagine it was possibly discussed at least once since that would've capitalized on Bruce's return, but I think it would've felt a bit corny, honestly.

If they were due to the studio this January, I guess that we would have heard it by now...so most probably no new album in 2018, which is kind of disheartening.

I remember all 3 Wickerman covers now but Bruce holding the torch was the only one stuck to my mind since it reminded me on video.

Now, concerning new material...

El Dorado can't really be set as an example for a new song that was premiered first live and then on record. Maiden put it on the website one day before tour started.
Wildest Dreams on the other hand could be a good example. A best of tour announced late autumn in '02, followed by Maiden going to studio Jan - Mar '03, tour starting May '03 which premiered song that was officialy released as a single in Sep '03. I could easily see same scenario happening.

Also, when I say single, I don't really mean actual single per se, like in actual physical format (on CD or vinyl) that could be sold. It could just be new song, released on Youtube or some other media service. Look at the Last Chapter, the whole Book of Souls deal is over, you can buy the audio, but the video is on their Youtube page completely free. It could be that Rod and the managemant sensed it would be more usefull putting on some things for free so they could sucess in some other areas (for example, something new released this May via their webpage to lure the people that are still on fences about the tour).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back