Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's high time we got a new FC magazine. How many do we actually get these days? It was meant to be four a year but I don't think that's what's been happening.

The rumours are

-Three month european tour
-Rock am Ring/Rock im Park
-No north american tour. No Trooper VIPs planned there

Bruce hinted strongly in Cardiff that they will play to twice as many people there next year.

Just finding this very hard to believe/trust at this point. Not saying that this won't end up being true, but I'm sure we're missing *some* details at this early stage.

They've never restricted themselves to just Europe for any of their tours up until now, so why start? Especially if it is rumored to be a a new tour such as a "Legacy of the Beast" with a new setlist/stage design.

Even in Give Me Ed 2003 and Early Days 2005 (which both contained only European dates), they did a month in the US/Canada. Sure it wouldn't be anything as extensive as what the US got in 2012-13 and 2016-17, but I have a feeling they'd hit up at least all of the major coastal cities and Chicago over the course of a couple of weeks. It'd be a shame if they didn't. With how well received they were here in the States thanks to the Maiden England and Book of Souls tour, Iron Maiden are experiencing a newfound popularity around here these past years.

Maybe the next tour will be over two years? Europe next year, the rest of the world in 2019 before releasing a new album later that year.

A couple of surprises next year. One, a tour, two, hopefully a new album. Would they do a limited run 2018 Legacy tour followed by launching an album and touring the US on the back of that in 2019?

It will be interesting to see what they've got planned. If they are doing a european tour next year, we should get an announcement in september/october. At least that's when they normally announce european tours.

I'm expecting the usual singular Donnington date, which kind of stonewalls many of older fans.

Just hope it isn't another 6 years without a uk tour.

If Cardiff happens I'm in!

Last edited:
It's high time we got a new FC magazine. How many do we actually get these days? It was meant to be four a year but I don't think that's what's been happening.

We get 3 a year. I guess the next one would be with us in early September, with the third one mailed before Christmas.

I'm expecting the usual singular Donnington date, which kind of stonewalls many of older fans.

Just hope it isn't another 6 years without a uk tour.

If Cardiff happens I'm in!
Any city is doable. Just please don't make the only date a festival that often has nothing else of interest to Maiden fans on Maiden day.

Didn't Bruce last year on stage at Download mention that it would be their last time headlining there for a while?

I can't see them playing Donington only two years after they last played.

I think you're right. I don't mind if they play Reading Festival as it's walkable from central Reading - I might not be living here by then though. I think Bruce has said that Maiden won't do Reading/Leeds festivals again though, and those festivals have moved on a lot since a band like Maiden would have fitted in.

They'll probably do some European shows next year. I would also be very happy to hear a new Maiden album next year but I will be very happy if Bruce records an album with Roy Z next year and hopefully a Dave Murray album.

IMHO:
Good scenarios:
-GMETID-esqe tour with rare tracks and a new song played, with new album being released in fall
-New album in spring and touring behind that
-Iron Maiden with an orchestra, playing rare tracks
-Bruce Dickinson solo tour/album with AOB/TCW lineup

Bad scenarios:
-Another best of tour for the next 2 years
-No album

IMHO:
Good scenarios:
-GMETID-esqe tour with rare tracks and a new song played, with new album being released in fall
-New album in spring and touring behind that
-Iron Maiden with an orchestra, playing rare tracks
-Bruce Dickinson solo tour/album with AOB/TCW lineup

Bad scenarios:
-Another best of tour for the next 2 years
-No album

Switch "Bruce Dickinson solo tour/album with AOB/TCW lineup" with "Another best of tour for the next 2 years" and I agree with everything you said.

I would far rather a new album or a Bruce album than an Iron Maiden "best of" tour. Unless, maybe, that tour was 1995-2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back