Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the clues we got so far, the most plausible cover would be the Samurai Eddie in the foreground with the Belshazzar's tower in the background, maybe with some chaotic battle going on.

I think if the animator designed Samurai Eddie, then it won't be the album cover, as presumably the artist will design the album cover.

Good. I think this Eddie looks disgusting.

They do talk about rebirth of Eddie, so perhaps he is going to like like this on the artwork, following tour etc.

Exactly. I guess I'm too soft for this or something. But I feel it looks disturbingly cruel, grose, "graphic". I guess that's the point, to be horrified. ;)

missed about 20 pages of updates - so is the smart money that album title is indeed Belshazzar's Feast??? that seems likely right?

missed about 20 pages of updates - so is the smart money that album title is indeed Belshazzar's Feast??? that seems likely right?
I feel we are not very confident at this point. I would say yes, it is going t be called Belshazzr’s Feast, but I wouldn’t bet a cent on it lol

Reactions: jcv
I like @Mosh's theory, single The Writing on the Wall but the album Writing on the Wall.

However WOTW not appearing on the AMOLAD graphic seems to hint against that.

I don't mind the concept, but the big teeth are really offputting to me. I like a more elegant Eddie, in the style of the 80s Riggs or the Mayan Eddie on TBOS.
Just out of curiosity, are the teeth an objection for aesthetic reasons or cultural? Someone mentioned them as being racist, I must not be fimilar with that stereotype bc it went over my head.

Just out of curiosity, are the teeth an objection for aesthetic reasons or cultural? Someone mentioned them as being racist, I must not be fimilar with that stereotype bc it went over my head.

Yeah maybe I'm being a little too over sensitive, I'll give the animators the benefit of the doubt that they were just trying to make Eddie look "monstrous". But I believe Asians having buck teeth is a racist stereotype.

No. Belshazzar's Feast in the Bible is where the writing on the wall appeared. Maiden's Belshazzar's Feast was the premiere of The Writing on the Wall the song.

Not a message from God, but a message from... Eh... Rod?

View attachment 15822

XVII on the middle, 17 on the bottom left. Just checked the original cover and those aren't there. Either album announcement is coming on Monday or Maiden is downright trolling us.
That is some amazing detective work. This finding kind of renews my confidence that we will hear about album 17 on Monday.

I personally think the tower will be part of the album cover (that is why they left it for the single) but i do not think WOTW or Beshazzar's Feast will be the title of the album. In my opinion it will be something entirely different.

I guess what i am saying is that Wrath of the Waters and Whores of Babylon is back on the table folks :p . Looking forward to Monday

Yeah maybe I'm being a little too over sensitive, I'll give the animators the benefit of the doubt that they were just trying to make Eddie look "monstrous". But I believe Asians having buck teeth is a racist stereotype.

I honestly think it was just an attempt to make Eddie look "bad ass" and not anything else. To me it seems they took inspiration from the Oni (Japanese folklore demon) who had exaggerated fang-like teeth and ran with it.

Last edited:
I have the trailer for the premiere as well as the countdown video before the song that wrote THE WRITING ON THE WALL, should I upload them?

Yeah, for me, this is just an aesthetic thing. I don't believe it was an attempt to do "bucktoothed Asian" stereotypes. I think @Iron Lurker has it right when he refers to oni imagery. I'm just not a fan of the two being brought together - Eddie is monster enough on his own, don't you think?

Kind of similar to how many people aren't the biggest fan of Alien Eddie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back