Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the direction No Prayer took continued, it’d likely have been seen as a turning point for the band, one of a downward slide. However, as an album against many albums and many themes and changes of direction, it’s much easier to appreciate No Prayer. They did exactly what they set out to do.
Also, Mother Russia is probably Maiden’s most underrated song. I love that tune!

Reactions: jcv
If the direction No Prayer took continued, it’d likely have been seen as a turning point for the band, one of a downward slide. However, as an album against many albums and many themes and changes of direction, it’s much easier to appreciate No Prayer. They did exactly what they set out to do.
Also, Mother Russia is probably Maiden’s most underrated song. I love that tune!
The only big problem with No Prayer is the bad production. That's it. They knew it right then, which caused further tensions.

I'd be curious to listen to a real remaster of NPFTD, as in properly produced.

Reactions: jcv
I might be in the minority here, but I was just listening to that one and thought ‘I don’t think this album gets enough love’

;)

and look at Eddie being all active on the cover!! Grrrrrrr
Ive got a real soft spot for that album. i was 14 years old at the time and got into them during 7th son so NPFTD was my first 'new' album - 1st time i waited for a release, rushed out to buy on the 1st day, and read the lyrics on the bus home before id even listened to it.

Im just amazed that im still getting that same new Maiden album buzz 31 years later, unbelievable!

My edited prediction, after today's teaser...

Thursday 15: new animated videoclip for the new single + album title revealed
Monday 19: new album full details + pre-order links.

Why?
1. The two video teasers give me the feeling something's very close, video-wise.
2. The album covers with the hints.
Why should the new album cover be revealed before the campaign ends, on Sunday?

Ive got a real soft spot for that album. i was 14 years old at the time and got into them during 7th son so NPFTD was my first 'new' album - 1st time i waited for a release, rushed out to buy on the 1st day, and read the lyrics on the bus home before id even listened to it.

Im just amazed that im still getting that same new Maiden album buzz 31 years later, unbelievable!
Yep, I was 13 and waited for the rare occasions when MTV played Holy Smoke. Or then we had Super Channel, which aired news about the first Gulf War in 1991 and almost every time before a news section they played the Tailgunner video, as a precursor to the news about the war! I had No Prayer on cassette tape, not a good quality even back then, still loved the album. I would say with a more objective mind, that with a killer production they might have continued with Bruce, had Steve not taken over the production tasks completely from then on.

The only big problem with No Prayer is the bad production. That's it. They knew it right then, which caused further tensions.
It was also the songs in fairness. Its not that they're are any bad songs...Maiden don't do bad songs...but many are just OK...
I do like Hooks, Holy Smoke, Russia, Daughter etc....but many kind of 'almost songs'. The example I think of is tailgunner. Starts great, cool verse and chorus, until it gets to the mid section...then takes a dive (pun intended) Just a not so great solo section, and a solo lead in thats a poor knockoff of the same section in Aces High. Anyway....getin carried away here. Good album definitely. Not a great one. Onwards to Maiden 17 and hopes of a killer album. Hoping for the equal or better then BNW and AMOLAD.

Yep, I was 13 and waited for the rare occasions when MTV played Holy Smoke. Or then we had Super Channel, which aired news about the first Gulf War in 1991 and almost every time before a news section they played the Tailgunner video, as a precursor to the news about the war! I had No Prayer on cassette tape, not a good quality even back then, still loved the album. I would say with a more objective mind, that with a killer production they might have continued with Bruce, had Steve not taken over the production tasks completely from then on.
Sorry in the US?

My edited prediction, after today's teaser...

Thursday 15: new animated videoclip for the new single + album title revealed
Monday 19: new album full details + pre-order links.

Why?
1. The two video teasers give me the feeling something's very close, video-wise.
2. The album covers with the hints.
Why should the new album cover be revealed before the campaign ends, on Sunday?
The campaign is about the singles and not the covers, though. Otherwise the Spotify playlist they are updating every day would make no sense.

I still think the album sounds really good. It’s punchy and the instruments are distinct. Would it sound better with the production of FotD? Probably. But it works. The only album, to me, where the production lowers the impact of how good the music really is, is VXI. That album has some fucking gems on it. And when Blaze does those songs live with his band or you hear a Maiden bootleg with those songs, they’re really quite good.

No Prayer is awful and goes against everything Maiden had always stood for up until that point. Terrible rock songs (hooks in you, holy smoke, bring your daughter ) terrible lyrics (i mean going from The Loneliness of the long distance runner to Hooks in you....is a monumental downgrade , yeah), terrible production, bad vocals. Fear of the Dark also shared similar problems, just had a few top songs (and the timeless classic title track) and was better produced. I was relieved when the dark, menacing X-Factor was released.

Thankfully they followed the traditional Maiden style with their post-reunion albums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back