Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The WOTW theme seems to be very prevalent however I would be surprised if Maiden used The Writings on the Wall as an album or single title.
It has been used by a number of other artists before and doesn't seem very Maidenish.
Maybe WOTW means something else?
The Final Frontier wasn't very original either.

210055220_10158463372207967_6648175445647218172_n.jpg
210224545_10158463372252967_6973261401214108275_n.jpg

Robinsons Brewery just posted this.
Album about horses? Nobody saw that one coming!

Weekends of the Warriors. A concept album, continuing the underrated saga of the Weekend Warrior and delving into the history of West Ham United.

01. Beyond the Hammers (Harris) 12:33
02. Spirit of the East End (Harris) 5:45
03. When the Ball Strikes Twice (Harris) 4:59
04. The Sea of Grass (Harris/Dickinson) 7:29
05. Bobby Moore (Harris/Murray) 8:36
06. Geoff Hirst (Harris/Gers) 9:02
07. Martin Peters (Harris/Smith) 8:03
08. When West Ham Ruled Britannia (Harris) 10:07

09. The Maroon and the Blue (Harris) 11.41

(Idea by national acrobat :--) )

Last edited:
The Final Frontier wasn't very original either.
Very true.
Although there were a particular set of circumstances that led to that album title. Bruce was being mischievous (again) and was trolling the media especially. Steve had previously stated that they would stop at 15 albums or something like that.

They can still change around the tours..we don't actually know for sure 100% will LOTB 3rd leg even happen. If 2022 shows are going as planned, they surely have named the tour as "Legacy Of The Beast Tour '22"..but I don't get used to the idea of having new album out then tour some of it and then do LOTB 3rd leg. Not seeing logic there..
Would it be that they will adjust the tour, setlist and setup that it will actually be a teaser tour or album tour instead?
I think someone mentioned already when they postponed 2021 shows to 2022 that the announcements didn't actually refer to LOTB-tour etc.
Or the album dropping this year will be the perfect marketing tool to announce a North / South American tour for next year that's what i think is going to happen.

Europe will wrap up the legacy run. They may add a new song or 2 and promise to return 2023 with the full album set which will debut in NA late 2022 which they usually announce almost a year before the gigs these days so perfect marketing either way

Calling it now

Last edited:
Yep, my thought too. Steve may have pilfered some of Bruce's solo album ideas and asked him to keep them for Maiden,
like If Eternity Should Fail. and then the song titles/themes lent themselves to the imagery for the album...cue artwork/style ideas. Give me old school biblical imagery aka Gustave Dore etching style, pure Black and White
I also think it is possible that parts of the Bruce album have been cannibalised for Maiden#17.

Co-writes with Roy Z maybe not, but lyric and visual ideas perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back