Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the email I got back.

Why is everyone babbling on about Babylon? There's basically zero evidence for that, just fan fiction at this point.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210630-100611.png
    Screenshot_20210630-100611.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
Agree about IMXVII and Belshazzar.
I also doubt the album will be called WOTW (it's more likely to be the single's title). Btw, I'm not expecting a concept album.

I was skeptical about the release of the album this year, but this whole thing seems way bigger than to be only a single (Bruce can't talk about it, exciting news soon...). It has a chance the album to be released this fall, but I think the new album tour will start after LOTB Part 3 next year.

- if the album is released in September this year, they can go on tour 'til the end of the year, but they have a different tour next year: this raises doubts in me and makes the big difference. I can't see them doing the 1st leg of the new album tour in 2021, then in 2022 the 2nd leg + LOTB 3rd leg. And if their plan is to play the new single during the short tour next year, they won't cancel it.
They can still change around the tours..we don't actually know for sure 100% will LOTB 3rd leg even happen. If 2022 shows are going as planned, they surely have named the tour as "Legacy Of The Beast Tour '22"..but I don't get used to the idea of having new album out then tour some of it and then do LOTB 3rd leg. Not seeing logic there..
Would it be that they will adjust the tour, setlist and setup that it will actually be a teaser tour or album tour instead?
I think someone mentioned already when they postponed 2021 shows to 2022 that the announcements didn't actually refer to LOTB-tour etc.

One hell of a PR decision, mixing completely unrelated and divisive political issues with "new stuff soon, can't tell" announcement.

Bruce Dickinson the 'enterprenour' on some of his talk - fine, talk politics. I dissagree and think a lot of your initial hypotheses are downright childish, but go ahead I might be wrong on something. What I'm not wrong about, is that political attitudes, if non extreme, do not make a person, they can be disregarded easily in the agree to disagree manner.

But he dragged Iron Maiden into this. Who are renowed worldwide and can fly Union Jack in Ireland and Argentina and elsewhere because people see them as positive force while UK policy and UK govt is seen as dubious to negative.

It's not a big deal but they didn't need it.

The band could definitely do without that negative publicity. The backlash has been fierce and even usually sycophantic publications like Metal Hammer and Classic Rock have reported the Brexit comments instead of Bruce's hints at something new from Maiden coming soon.

I guess Bruce could take a leaf out of Steve's book. Following the debacle of the interview with NME in 1982 in which Steve came across as a racist person, he has wisely refrained from openly talking about politics in interviews.

The band could definitely do without that negative publicity. The backlash has been fierce and even usually sycophantic publications like Metal Hammer and Classic Rock have reported the Brexit comments instead of Bruce's hints at something new from Maiden coming soon.

I guess Bruce could take a leaf out of Steve's book. Following the debacle of the interview with NME in 1982 in which Steve came across as a racist person, he has wisely refrained from openly talking about politics in interviews.

Yeah, Bruce has always had a "big mouth" - for better and/or worse. But it's usually been around other topics and served, if nothing else, as a "any publicity is good publicity" kind of a buzz around Maiden things. Now, with stepping into more of a political territory, it doesn't quite work like that anymore.

To end this message with a happier note, I'm still quite excited about this Belshazzar's Feast thing. All this buzz has brought a smile to my face. I hope that whatever the thematics around the album and song(s) will be, it's good continuation from the darker and heavier approach of TBOS, with a bit more "focus" in it. Altogether, that sounds quite nice. Of course, it's just speculation and wishful thinking, but...

I'm just genuinely very excited about all this. Yay!

What an exciting 48 hours folks. Big thanks to those who are doing the detective work…keep it up!! I haven’t posted on this forum for quite some time but all of this new information is bloody exciting!

I’ve just visited “Daniel’s” Twitter account and there is a new post on his feed by BazwoldArtist who looks to be the artist of the Balthazzar’s Feast poster/tee shirt. BazwoldArtist has posted a pic of the same artwork wall-mounted in a picture frame along with the caption “It’s definitely the Writing On The Wall in my house. Bring on 15/7”:

From the look of BazwoldArtist’s account he also did some art for the recent Download Reload event including an image of Eddie and the Download Dog. Woof!

Attachments

• A15A9527-443B-4041-8034-993F2839812B.jpeg
    A15A9527-443B-4041-8034-993F2839812B.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 34
  • DF0F5CA9-F31D-4134-B406-FFD9241FAF82.jpeg
    DF0F5CA9-F31D-4134-B406-FFD9241FAF82.jpeg
    529.8 KB · Views: 31
I'm greatly enjoying the detective work and scouring the Twitter profiles etc. - thanks to those of you who have done the legwork, nice to have some new Maiden news and trade theories!

Reminds me of TFF/El Dorado singles artwork, but with a more 'classic' comic book approach.
Those two single artworks were IMO the best since who knows when, mid 90s, late 80s?

I wonder what kind of a band logo will be used if the cover remains black and white.
The logo in the style of the 'feast', the leading/trailing lines, would be really good.

What an exciting 48 hours folks. Big thanks to those who are doing the detective work…keep it up!! I haven’t posted on this forum for quite some time but all of this new information is bloody exciting!

I’ve just visited “Daniel’s” Twitter account and there is a new post on his feed by BazwoldArtist who looks to be the artist of the Balthazzar’s Feast poster/tee shirt. BazwoldArtist has posted a pic of the same artwork wall-mounted in a picture frame along with the caption “It’s definitely the Writing On The Wall in my house. Bring on 15/7”:

From the look of BazwoldArtist’s account he also did some art for the recent Download Reload event including an image of Eddie and the Download Dog. Woof!

I hope Bazwold is on a percentage of tshirt sales for that image!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back