Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can get on board with this being buildup for a Maiden album, the timing makes sense and I think an album is a decent way to build excitement for the band’s return to the stage next year (maybe even some last minute UK or USA arena dates in the fall? Might as well do something this year).

Frankly the only thing that makes me think Maiden is likely is the IMXVII thing. That seems pretty hard to ignore. I can’t imagine them using a title as esoteric as anything to do with Belshazzar, but I can get on board with it being some sort of lyrical reference. My guess is the album title will use the acronym WOTW. ‘Blank’ of the ‘blank’ is pretty standard Maiden fare.

BTW concept album seems like a huge stretch based on limited information. Daniel is fodder for a good Gers styled epic but a whole album?

Last edited:
Frankly the only thing that makes me think Maiden is likely is the IMXVII thing. That seems pretty hard to ignore.
The new fanclub magazine also has a massive hint on the front page. Maybe it has been mentioned, but it's magazine number 117 and 17 is written in gold.

I can get on board with this being buildup for a Maiden album, the timing makes sense and I think an album is a decent way to build excitement for the band’s return to the stage next year (maybe even some last minute UK or USA arena dates in the fall? Might as well do something this year).

Frankly the only thing that makes me think Maiden is likely is the IMXVII thing. That seems pretty hard to ignore. I can’t imagine them using a title as esoteric as anything to do with Belshazzar, but I can get on board with it being some sort of lyrical reference. My guess is the album title will use the acronym WOTW. ‘Blank’ of the ‘blank’ is pretty standard Maiden fare.

BTW concept album seems like a huge stretch based on limited information. Daniel is fodder for a good Gers styled epic but a whole album?
Tower Of Babel.

That's a credible song title to link to the Babylonians, to Nebuchadnezzar II and his apparent grandson Belshazzar.

Possible they will do a fantasy twist to this ancient tale.

Marduk

Yes they could go 'black metal' and invoke the name of patron deity of the Babylonians.

Check this great running blog post by a fellow Fanclub member:

This is another hint worth mentioning (from the blog above):

In the first page of the new FC magazine, there is a “Troopers owed” to a “Nebuchadnezzar Pub and Alehouse” - Nebuchadnezzar is the father of Belshazzar. Upon further research from FC members, said establishment does not exist. Another bread crumb perhaps.

Are there any possible hints that we have missed?
Just in case asking this and hope to see everyone add them here if have found any.
Also, I have this really weird feeling as the album (according to the detective work) was recorded in Paris 2019, then with all the COVID-19 stuff and postponed/cancelled shows, Maiden swept into almost total silence (well couple members were more active during this) but now they've been giving these little hints for couple days. Did they change plans or did they know the whole time how it will go? We don't know.
So thinking this as on larger scale and picture, the posted hints must surely be about the album, they wouldn't deal and try to create such a hype over something not so essential thing.

Last edited:
Me too. That's why I'm still waiting to confirm that this is real and not just some fan playing with us. But based on that letter 'B' we can assume (tinfoil hat ON) that album title will contain letter B and cover will be blue 8)

So... If album for real will have connection to Babylon, it will be a third album based on ancient cultures. It means that they know the Powerslave era was the best. :rocker: First immense tour, great stage set and so on.
Powerslave-------Book of Souls-------Fall of Babylon. Good times indeed.

I liked Book of Souls tour very much. Nicko's drums - gorgeous. All this pyramid thing going on :ok: To me it was better tour than LOTB :yes::angel2:
So, in some ways, we're waiting for Powerslave III :scared:
And, yes, i will say it, If there is connection to Babylon, the Alexander chances are very high indeed.

Last edited:
Holy shit guys, how have I not been receiving notifications to this thread.

Had to find out through a recap some guy made on reddit. EXCITEMENT > 9000!

Holy shit guys, how have I not been receiving notifications to this thread.

Had to find out through a recap some guy made on reddit. EXCITEMENT > 9000!
You can post that reddit-link here if you want, these are 2 pages that have been posted here previously:

the IMXVII thing seems pretty hard to ignore. I can’t imagine them using a title as esoteric as anything to do with Belshazzar, but I can get on board with it being some sort of lyrical reference. My guess is the album title will use the acronym WOTW. ‘Blank’ of the ‘blank’ is pretty standard Maiden fare.
Agree about IMXVII and Belshazzar.
I also doubt the album will be called WOTW (it's more likely to be the single's title). Btw, I'm not expecting a concept album.
(maybe even some last minute UK or USA arena dates in the fall? Might as well do something this year).
I was skeptical about the release of the album this year, but this whole thing seems way bigger than to be only a single (Bruce can't talk about it, exciting news soon...). It has a chance the album to be released this fall, but I think the new album tour will start after LOTB Part 3 next year.

- if the album is released in September this year, they can go on tour 'til the end of the year, but they have a different tour next year: this raises doubts in me and makes the big difference. I can't see them doing the 1st leg of the new album tour in 2021, then in 2022 the 2nd leg + LOTB 3rd leg. And if their plan is to play the new single during the short tour next year, they won't cancel it.

So... If album for real will have connection to Babylon, it will be a third album based on ancient cultures.
And, yes, i will say it, If there is connection to Babylon, the Alexander chances are very high indeed.
It seems they like this kind of themes about ancient cultures. Agree about the chances of ATG if there is connection to Babylon.
Another curious thing (from the blog above):

One of the quotes in Churchill's book ''The World Crisis'' contains - Writing On The Wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back