Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, I read in the Final Frontier diaries when Bruce went to the studio at the finnish of recording the album to listen some songs and said that he didn't like the guitar solo of one song. what song would be?
Coming Home I think. I also think he said whatever and it ended up being the final mix.

I just hope someone make dissapear the piano from that studio (you can note that the 18 min song is not one of my favourites from the band):lol:

I think Empire of the Clouds is a fantastic song, but I do not see the need for another mini-opera. I do not see the need for another extended song by Steve like The Red and the Black either.

Anyway, I cannot wait to hear what great stuff they have written and recorded this time. :)

Last edited:
whatever…that's the way :lol:
February 26, 2010 Malibu, California
I started the day with an early 30 mile bike ride along the coast and went in to the studio at normal start time of 11 and finished the mix of Mother Of Mercy. Bruce came in from London this morning and very kindly brought me a stack of Formula 1 magazines - it's my passion and the States only sees them about 6 weeks after their appearance in England, so I was particularly thrilled! He listened to a few things we'd been working on - had some issues with a couple of vocal lines he'd sung, and disliked a particular guitar solo we'd recorded at Compass Point, but said "whatever!", and then dug into the work and sang Isle Of Avalon and Starblind. Both are very high - I suggested a lower vocal line in the Isle Of Avalon chorus, which he tried, so perhaps we'll have a harmony - we'll see.

From Kevin Shirleys diaries.

Will he play with it like he did with the guitar on Revelations?
I cannot way
cannot wait do you mean?

Empire of the clouds is a good song, It's composed by Bruce but I think that there's no creativity in the rest of the guys to be honest. The Red and the black is also too long to me, but is better.

I do not see the need for another extended song by Steve like The Red and the Black either.
I am really hoping that Steve does produce another epic, something like TRATB would be fantastic. I want more of that, lots of guitars, lots of sections, lots of interesting parts all intermixing and making something great.
More please Steve, more...

I'm curious if the Paris rumours may be connected to release of FoI from LOTB tour and Maiden working on live album.

They never hired a recording studio to mix a live album. It was always done by KS at The Cave in Malibu.
They never recorded double album either until BoS so there is always a first time. But I was curious since someone had to mix and edit these videos + possible overdubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back