Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Discussion in 'Maiden Chat' started by matic22, Jul 25, 2017.

1. RLonger

RLonger Trooper

I've got an impression Maiden of today is more the "rock oldies club" than regular playing and creating band as they was in the '80s. Harris, Dickinson, McBrain and ever Smith are way more involved into theirs side projects than the original band. What about something new from them - new videos, music? Even gaps between tour legs are longer and longer in the case of last ones (2018/2019) there's almost one year long(!!!) spare time in between...

2. Collin

Collin Tool Aficionado

No. They're not.

3. MrKnickerbocker

MrKnickerbocker clap hands

1. Maiden consistently put more effort into writing and recording new quality material than most legacy metal bands AND into promoting that material on their concert tours (see the lack of playing popular hits like "Run to the Hills" on TBOS tour).
    2. In the last 10 years, Steve Harris' British Lion has released one studio album and toured maybe 5 times (with each leg lasting less than a month). Iron Maiden has released two albums, three live albums, and had 5 world tours (with almost 400 shows).
    3. Dickinson hasn't released a solo album since 2005 and 3 out of 4 of his main "side projects", re: hobbies, directly relate to Maiden (i.e. flying = Ed Force One and aerial performances during Maiden tours, writing = biography that heavily discusses Maiden, "brewing" = Iron Maiden product).
    4. What Nicko side project? His covers band that plays once a year at his rib shack in Florida?
    5. What Adrian side project? His Instagram feed curated entirely by his wife?

Once again, RLonger, your statements have no factual basis.

4. RLonger

RLonger Trooper

Maybe, but this is only my personal opinion, but what about something new, really interesting, valuable from Maiden: the album, DVD, band's history official book - whatever?! New version of Trooper Ale, new game or so? Oh no, thanx! I just wanna be understanding correctly - I'm the fan since 1984, I'm into but (must admit) the whole idea about promoting the "LOTB Game" with big tour based upon, without some interesting releases (historic DVD, collection or so) seems very weird, like a curiosum to me.

5. Collin

Collin Tool Aficionado

Was that English?

6. RLonger

RLonger Trooper

No, I'm not native speaker. I think you it's about the word "curiosum": that's Latin. In English: something strange, bizzare.

7. Collin

Collin Tool Aficionado

No, it just seemed a little broken.

8. KidInTheDark666

KidInTheDark666 The island where the souls of dead are reborn

You are a fan since 1984 but your profile says you're 19?:D

9. RLonger

RLonger Trooper

It's a mistake, I've not improved that. Sorry

KidInTheDark666 likes this.
  10. Diesel 11

Diesel 11 As you scream into the web of silence...

Dr. RLonger; Or How He Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Maiden. Coming soon on DVD and VHS.

11. RLonger

RLonger Trooper

No no, only some reflections but: thx a lot :)

12. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Cereal Litigator

More like RLonger Pan: the Boy Who Wouldn't Grow Up.

13. LooseCannon

LooseCannon Yorktown-class aircraft carrier Staff Member

Alright, be nice, everyone.

Maiden is doing lots of different things today. It's probably because they're all financially comfortable and don't need to go into aggressive tour/writing schedules to make their money. Now when they do that stuff, it's because they want to. Considering how close we got to Iron Maiden exploding in the early 90s due to people not wanting to do it anymore...I'll take this.

Stephen Hardcastle likes this.
  14. Black Wizard

Black Wizard Cereal Litigator

I was referring to his age being 19 and comparing him to Peter Pan!

Collin likes this.
  15. RLonger

RLonger Trooper

LooseCannon - THX!, I'm a little just like the Peter Pan. I don't feel insulted. All right. Just a little conversation, nothing more, peace my friends :)

16. Zare

Zare sorry Zed

Both have works in the making right now. We may not appreciate the tempo but we know they're working on solo albums.

17. Magnus

Magnus Ancient Mariner

I hope you're right.
    Seriously.

18. Magnus

Magnus Ancient Mariner

Damn, I thought it was an acceptable pun.

19. Ruflux

Ruflux Educated Fool

I assume Nicko's side project would be his drum shop, but then he's not there all the time is he? If it was in Florida he probably would be, though. Maybe half and half with it and RnR Ribs.

20. matic22

matic22 Ancient Mariner

Maiden in studio myth debunked.

Nicko is in USA, celebrating his wife's father birthday.