Iron Maiden Statistics

Songs with Bass solo - 16 (POTO, Iron Maiden, TNOTB, TTAL, Powerslave, ROTAM, The Duellists, SIASL, OTGDY, The Fugitive, The Unbeliever, The Clansman, El Dorado, Isle Of Avalon, IESF, TGU)

I like the stats but I don't think many of these songs (such as The Unbeliever, El Dorado, Isle of Avalon, If Eternity Should Fail and The Great Unknown) have anything that resembles a bass solo. Even a few of the songs with particularly complex and prominent bass parts (The Duellists, The Clansman, To Tame A Land) don't really have bass solos (lots of challenging riffs though).

Also the list is missing one of the best & clearest examples of a bass solo - "Blood on the World's Hands".

didn't scour every page here (sorry!) but anybody have a list of biggest crowds for a headlining show they've played to???

^ definitely but i guess i mean non festival settings. like largest crowds in their album/comp touring history. i'm guessing like 70k in S. America somewhere.

^ definitely but i guess i mean non festival settings. like largest crowds in their album/comp touring history. i'm guessing like 70k in S. America somewhere.

North of 100K on '08 and '09 tours as far as I know

Edit : Interlagos 2009 should be the biggest.

North of 100K on '08 and '09 tours as far as I know

Edit : Interlagos 2009 should be the biggest.
I wonder what the numbers for Interlagos was. From what I remember there was a little bit of chaos because of the amount of fans, and the show got delayed.

Chile in 2019 was also massive. A bit over 61k. In Europe I think Ullevi 2008 or 2011 is the biggest.

I remember the 100k number from back in the day. Maiden sold 65 thousand tickets for that gig which is what one can google out from contemporary media reports. Prior to the tour leg Smallwood said that Interlagos is cleared for 400k but they aim at 60k visitors. There were way more people in there than ticket count.

They probably opened up the gates for everyone at some point to prevent Colombia 2008 from happening. That's why attendance number is hard to find. Here's a shot with the sea of people :

^ festival, we're talking about concert gigs

With festivals, yes, Rio 85 > Rio 01

What happened at Colombia 2008?

Actually nothing of relevance, I messed up the year :)

In 2009 riots happened because there was far more interest for the concert than 25k tickets sold, in the end people outside clashed with police and those who were inside were traversing over barrier sections etc. In 2008 Maiden sold 40.000 tickets for the same open air venue, that can hold over 100.000 people (Metallica 1999).

What's surprising for 2009 gig is the reluctance from security to let ticketless people in, and causing problems for fans that went for the stage for behind.

No Prayer For The Dying is the only Maiden studio album to date without a song exceeding 6 minutes in length.

...but it is not the shortest album! - this award goes to Killers (38:18).

''Be Quick Or Be Dead'' is the song in which the chorus starts at the earliest (32 seconds in).

We can now add this statistic!

Song with 3 solos (or more) for each of the Three Amigos:

Adrian - ''Starblind''
Dave - ''The Thin Line Between Love And Hate''
Janick - ''The Parchment''

Back