Iron Maiden Statistics

Albie said:
No Prayer for the Dying - 119 - 119 - 0 - 0.00%
you mean to say npftd has no repeating words?
keep in mind we're talking words, not verses ;)

prowlergrig said:
you mean to say npftd has no repeating words?
keep in mind we're talking words, not verses ;)

The following may help to answer the question:
Conor said:
*4 A big thanks to Albie.  Number of words calculated using Microsoft Word.  Discounting repeated lines (choruses and verses)

Yes it does repeat "God give me the answer to my" four times, but the last word is always different. Hence not a repeated line. :D

Yes, I do have too much time on my hands right now and I really feel too uninspired to do anything else right now. Think of me as a loser, I don't care.

These songs were played live by Maiden at least once, but their live performances never got covered by any official release (live albums, videos, B-sides etc):

Invasion
Strange World
Women In Uniform
Twilight Zone
Genghis Khan
Purgatory
To Tame A Land
Caught Somewhere In Time
Sea Of Madness
The Loneliness Of The Long-Distance Runner
Stranger In A Strange Land
Fortunes Of War
The Edge Of Darkness
The Angel And The Gambler
Lightning Strikes Twice
When Two Worlds Collide
The Educated Fool
Don't Look To The Eyes Of A Stranger
The Fallen Angel
Out Of The Silent Planet

Live versions of these tracks were released but are rarities (i.e. the medium they were released on is out of print, such as singles, EPs etc):

I've Got The Fire
Drifter
Still Life
Losfer Words (Big 'Orra)
Holy Smoke
No Prayer For The Dying
Public Enema Number One
The Assassin
Hooks In You
Man On The Edge
Blood On The World's Hands
The Aftermath
Futureal

Live versions of some of those tracks are readily available by Paul Di'Anno or B L A Z E, but I did not count them because it was not Maiden playing.

Tiiiime is always on my side!
Tiiiime is always on my side!

Oh, I know a song about that!  :D

Perun said:
Live versions of these tracks were released but are rarities (i.e. the medium they were released on is out of print, such as singles, EPs etc):

Purgatory
Genghis Khan

I forgot where these live versions were to be found, speaking about official Iron Maiden releases. Which were they ?

Sorry, I fucked up. Those were the studio versions on the Purgatory single  :-[

How about "Hooks in You" - B'side of the "Fear of the Dark - Live" single?

Forostar said:
I forgot where these live versions were to be found, speaking about official Iron Maiden releases. Which were they ?
Maiden Japan.

Right, I forgot Hooks In You, Albie...

I mistook the two tracks on the Purgatory/Maiden Japan EP from The First Ten Years to be live tracks on Maiden Japan. Such a fuckup is usually does not happen to me and I assure you, no harm was intended ;)

I have edited the first post with all of the new statistics (or data, whatever).  I fear that I may run out of room so can a mod move this post just below the first post in this thread?

PS, thanks to Perun, Forostar and Albie for the help with this.

Ok, data buffs. I have a humble request for you :duckie:

Longest solo - by Adrian, Dave, Jan and continuous (sp?) - you know, when one starts and someone else continues. This would be interesting since I sometimes find Maiden's solos to be great but too short -_-

Average length of the songs on each album (stats here):[sup]1[/sup]

Iron Maiden: 04:42
Iron Maiden (Enhanced): 04:31
Killers: 03:52
Killers (Enhanced): 03:45
The Number of the Beast: 05:02
The Number of the Beast (Enhanced): 05:36
Piece of Mind: 05:06
Powerslave: 06:22
Somewhere in Time: 06:25
Seventh Son of a Seventh son: 05:30
No Prayer for the Dying: 04:24
Fear of the Dark: 04:53
The X Factor: 06:27
Virtual XI 06:39
Brave New World 06:42
Dance of Death: 06:11
A Matter of Life and Death: 07:12

Songs titles beginning with "The" in alphabetical order - 27 tracks (Data here):

The Aftermath
The Angel and the Gambler
The Apparition
The Assassin
The Clairvoyant
The Clansman
The Duellists
The Edge of Darkness
The Educated Fool
The Evil That Men Do
The Fallen Angel
The Fugitive
The Ides of March
The Legacy
The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner
The Longest Day
The Mercenary
The Nomad
The Number of the Beast
The Pilgrim
The Prisoner
The Prophecy
The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg
The Thin Line Between Love and Hate
The Trooper
The Unbeliever
The Wicker Man

[sup]1[/sup]I have compiled these stats from the length of tracks reported by the CD upon insertion - using MusicMatch Jukebox. The Enhanced versions are there because there is an extra track on the first three albums. The last track is always the time from the original album, as the time reported (as above) seems to add an extra minute or two because of the enhanced features (I would think).

EDIT: Added a comma (...the original album, as the time reported...) before I get in big trouble. ;)

Very good Albie.  Have a praise.

I am wondering about Forostar's "3 Amigos" data... does this data include AMOLAD?

To be honest, I think this thread is of interest to quite a few of us and maybe should be pinned (I rarely think threads need a pinning, but this has captured peoples imagination).

Good call overall Conor.

Back