Iron Maiden songs that you flat out dislike?

So, here it is: musicians. We have a lot of them. What's the hardest stuff to play?

Back in the village

The odd meter parts of Isle of Avalon and Starblind (but that's a personal weakness)

Sea of madness is a little tricky I suppose

The hardest solos are H's from SIT onwards. His book of souls solos are very tricky to follow

As a guitarist, I haven't found any Maiden songs particularly difficult to learn as far as rhythm and basic lead go. SSOASS (the song) has some fairly intricate lead bits and quick changes in the instrumental section, but nothing too insane. It's mostly the solos that are difficult (if you're trying to replicate them and not just improvise your own), especially H's solos from SIT onward and many of Dave's due to his legato technique.

I remember getting the alternate picking timing down for the main riff in Hallowed took me FOREVER. Don't know why that one gave me so much trouble.

I remember getting the alternate picking timing down for the main riff in Hallowed took me FOREVER. Don't know why that one gave me so much trouble.

It's an awkward tempo, slightly too fast to downpick and too slow to go into spazz mode with your right hand and hope you hit the notes. You've gotta be quite accurate

Cannot stand satellite 15. Is it a song is it an intro......don't know but it goes on way to long. Had to cut it off when I ripped the cd onto iTunes as I find it bloody annoying and as I love the final frontier song I just find it irritating waiting for it to be over.

I could have tolerated it as a cool intro if it was about a minute long but the damn thing goes on for over 4 and half minutes.

When it was used as the intro on the final frontier tour I thought it was the worst into the band have ever used for a concert. The best was the classic music intro on the brave new world tour awesome and didn't outstay it's welcome and led brilliantly into the the wicker man.

Invaders
Number of the Beast
Run to the Hills
Iron Maiden
2 Minutes to Midnight
Quest for Fire
Flight of Icarus
Moonchild
Can I Play with Madness
(Most of the Dance of Death album)
(Most of the Fear of the Dark album)
(Most of the Virtual XI album)
(Most of The Final Frontier album)

Sanctuary!!
Iron Maiden
Wrathchild
Another Life
The Duellists
Heaven can wait
The Unbeliever
All of Virtual XI except Futureal, Clansman and Como estais amigos
The Apparition
The Nomad
Face in the sand
No more lies!
All of AMOLAD except Different World and Out of the shadows
Mother of Mercy
The Talisman
The Great Unknown

Invaders. The chorus makes me cringe every time I hear it.

Agreed, that should never made it to that great album. Luckily I was already a Maiden fan before I heard this album in its entirety. If NOTB was my first Maiden album and Invaders was the first Maiden track I listened to, I would not be a fan at all - it is that appalling.

There's a number of Maiden songs I dislike but that's expected for any artist with over 5 albums, let alone 15.

Agreed, that should never made it to that great album. Luckily I was already a Maiden fan before I heard this album in its entirety. If NOTB was my first Maiden album and Invaders was the first Maiden track I listened to, I would not be a fan at all - it is that appalling.

There's a number of Maiden songs I dislike but that's expected for any artist with over 5 albums, let alone 15.

Never understood the dislike for invaders, I think it's a great opening track. Each to their own I suppose.

Invaders
Everything in X Factor and Virtual XI except Man on the Edge, Lord of the Flies and Futureal
Everything in AMOLAD except Different World and Brighter Than A Thousand Suns
Blood Brothers
No More Lies
When the Wild Wind Blows

The jury is still out for the new album.

I really can't get into When The River Runs Deep. Musically, it's a bit uninspired , and Bruce sounds really strained, particuarly in the first verse and pre-chorus.

It's definitely a track I skip when I'm listening to the album.

Last edited:
With Paul Di'Anno:
Invasion

With Bruce:
Gates of Tomorrow
The Assassin

With Blaze:
(It'll be easier for me to list the few that are "eh...ok")
Sign of the Cross
Man on the Edge
The Clansman
Virus

Back