Iron Maiden songs – a rough overview of their “live history”

That's… amazing work. Just amazing, Forostar. :notworthy:

Here's another sad trend I've noticed - ever since Somewhere in Time (Deja-Vu) they tend to leave out Dave's songwriting contributions, or most of them: The Prophecy, Fates Warning, Chains of Misery (not that I complain), Judas Be My Guide, The Nomad, The Thin Line, Age of Innocence, The Man Who Would Be King.

Exceptions are Virtual XI, where they've played both Lightning and Two Worlds and AMOLAD, which they've played as a whole.

Does anybody know or suspect why is that so?

Coincidence, I'd say. Dave doesn't write very much in general, and they've played more of his live, such as Rainmaker and Brave New World. So it's not all that bad.

Too bad Maiden can't do a tour with no standard songs and only play songs never played before. Don't know any big name band (priest, rush, ) who have been around for decades who has done that yet. Would anger too many casual fans who aren't die hard fans.

Rush and Priest are great at mixing it up though. You can always expect both bands to pull out a couple rare songs every tour. And Rush is cool because they'll usually put focus on a certain era, so there's always plenty of surprises.

You can't really go out and play only rare songs and I don't think you should. There are always songs that are cool to see every time and while I don't think any song should be a staple for every tour, I do think that every tour should have some f the favorites thrown in. It's good to strike a balance.

Yes Rush & Priest both (like Maiden) for the past decade + are great at changing the set list every tour and both Rush & Priest are better at pulling more deep cuts out than Maiden is. AC/DC could learn from Rush, Priest, & Maiden because AC/DC's set list of older songs rarely changes.

Yes Rush & Priest both (like Maiden) for the past decade + are great at changing the set list every tour and both Rush & Priest are better at pulling more deep cuts out than Maiden is. AC/DC could learn from Rush, Priest, & Maiden because AC/DC's set list of older songs rarely changes.
Skipped a couple AC/DC shows because of that, even though I love the band's music and their live act is great.

If they marketed to the fan club and played small clubs, it would sell out. But they're not going to fill their typical venues (at least in the US) if word gets out that there's no Trooper And Friends.

Well, that would certainly sell out! Imagine the hoo-hah about who got tickets and where it took place, though...

Well, that would certainly sell out! Imagine the hoo-hah about who got tickets and where it took place, though...

My idea so I get to pick the venue.
And there will be tickets for every damn one of you.

Easy, just hold a Maidenfans Survivor. Let the battle (and tactical voting) commence!

I picked out my setlist:

Invaders
Montsegur
Mother Russia
Sun And Steel
Isle Of Avalon
Look For The Truth
Quest For Fire
The Nomad
Face In The Sand
Flash Of The Blade
Judas Be My Guide
The Unbeliever
Starblind
The Duellists
Prodigal Son
Only The Good Die Young

Encore:
Alexander The Great
Como Estais Amigos

I picked out my setlist:

Invaders
Montsegur
Mother Russia
Sun And Steel
Isle Of Avalon
Look For The Truth
Quest For Fire
The Nomad
Face In The Sand
Flash Of The Blade
Judas Be My Guide
The Unbeliever
Starblind
The Duellists
Prodigal Son
Only The Good Die Young

Encore:
Alexander The Great
Como Estais Amigos

Not bad.
It would have to have Sea of Madness, but Invaders as an opener and Como Estais as a closer are inspired choices.

Back