Iron Maiden RPG video game coming!

Pretty cool, lets get an AMA with the band next!

Interesting stuff, although most of the answers seemed very generic and PR-ish. The best takeaway was that there will be a soundtrack of unreleased live material. Hopefully they pull out something interesting.

Agreed, I'm very interested in hearing what songs they choose. After hearing this, I also find it hard not to believe that we're going to see a tie-in release CD with all of the tracks, followed by a tour with all of those songs + a few from TBOS.

I'm really interested in this game just gutted that it's a mobile only game. Really hope it gets a full PC/console release at some stage as I really hate playing games on a mobile, unless it's a really casual puzzle game just to kill a few minutes. Cannot imagine trying to play an RPG on a mobile phone.

I'll have to look into how I can plug my iPhone into my tv and use a Bluetooth controller to get the most out of this game.

Agreed, I'm very interested in hearing what songs they choose. After hearing this, I also find it hard not to believe that we're going to see a tie-in release CD with all of the tracks, followed by a tour with all of those songs + a few from TBOS.

The soundtrack news definitely made me more excited about this. Touring a mobile app game hmmm don't know about that....

CD tie-in? Well, if it's going to feature rare live tracks from older tours (and zero tracks from existing live albums), then that's pretty cool but maybe a digital release would be enough. I can't help thinking that a mobile game is not a big enough deal to release stuff around it or go on a Legacy of the Beast tour... OK, ironically, Ed Hunter is probably my favourite Maiden tour, but I still think that was different. :p

And btw. I think Ed Hunter had more of a Maiden vibe than this game (from what we've seen).

I can't help thinking that a mobile game is not a big enough deal to release stuff around it or go on a Legacy of the Beast tour... OK, ironically, Ed Hunter is probably my favourite Maiden tour, but I still think that was different. :p

And btw. I think Ed Hunter had more of a Maiden vibe than this game (from what we've seen).

I can see the soundtrack getting released. For Maiden fans that would be cool with the unreleased stuff and for new people who might pick up on it it might act as a compilation for them to check out old stuff. thus selling the back catalogue to new fans ..Otherwise I agree, a mobile app game would be very weak ground for a Maiden tour....

When they did Ed Hunter in 1999 gaming was still new and exciting...can't really say the same for mobile apps now...also Bruce was retuning which became the actual focus of that tour!!

I see it as less of a tour of the mobile app and more of a tour around the name "Legacy of the Beast" to sell CD's and new t-shirts that use designs based on the mobile app.

I'm sure that it what going to happen...but how can you hide that when you're at the same time promoting the app with that same name.....The tour has to tie in with something...

They wouldn't be hiding it, the whole thing would be promoting the video game no matter what. But considering it's a free game with minimal in-game purchases, there's probably not much money to be made.

I see it as less of a tour of the mobile app and more of a tour around the name "Legacy of the Beast"
^This. And Legacy of the Beast, should they choose that name for projects other than the game, is a much better name than 'Farewell Tour'. :)

Very realistic idea of what's gonna happen next in Maiden land for sure. I'm already seeing the Legacy of The Beast tour shirts in my mind....But it needs to be based around the release of the soundtrack as well....

Fucking sell outs, *ahEm' i mean I love Iron Maiden :D

By the way, I remember an interview of Steve saying that Rod Smallwood was particularly old-fashioned when it came to music media since he demanded studio updates on cassettes up to the mid-90s. The only reason he made the move to CD is because he had bought a new car equipped with a CD player. :)

I think whomever was in charge, and the band itself, was so out of touch from about 1997 to 2000....An album based on a technology at the time...a computer game...enhanced versions of the back catalogue ...They must have hit the panic button back then....

Back