IRON MAIDEN REFERENDUM 2020: Results -> Hallowed Be Thy Name wins for the 5th time!

Are you satisfied with the results?

• Total voters
TRATB, River, Shadows of the valley, Alchemist.

TRATB and Shadows do 0 for me. River is ok, Alchemist is better but I didn't want to leave TFF unscratched.

Voted for:
  • When the River Runs Deep
  • The Book of Souls Disc 2
  • El Dorado
  • Mother of Mercy
  • The Man Who Would Be King
Couple of quick observations:
  1. It's great to see that (so far) The Book of Souls and The Talisman have no votes. Excellent, excellent songs.
  2. That run on The Final Frontier of Coming Home through The Talisman is wonderful. It's especially impressive given just how long Isle of Avalon, Starblind, and The Talisman are. None of those songs feel long at all.

As you can read in the first post, half of the songs in each round. Poll will limit you anyways.

Didn't realise this when voting, I thought there was an obligation on everyone to pick 3 since Ariana had picked 3.

If push came to shove I wouldn't have voted anything off these albums, until at least the majority of the 90's is gone. And I definitely only included TMWBK to make up a 3rd choice.

I voted for:

Shadows Of The Valley
The Man Of Sorrows
The Alchemist
Isle Of Avalon
The Talisman
The Man Who Would Be King

I can appreciate TFF but some of the songs just don't do it for me, too boring. The same goes for the mentioned TBOS songs.

I accidentally voted for The Talisman, so don't count that vote.

I think When The River Runs Deep is one of the weakest songs on TBOS, but solely because of the shear strength of most of the other songs.

When The River Runs Deep would actually be a much better song, by at least a point or two, if there were simply no vocals during the intro. Bruce's voice on that intro is just so grating and the melody is obnoxious. The rest of the song is cool.

Voting for: TRATB, River, Sorrows, Frontier, Dorado, and TMWWBK.

The biggest mystery to me right now is how songs like River and Mother of Mercy have over 15 votes instead of The Red and The Black and The Man Who Would Be King (two of the most lazily constructed pieces of music in the Maiden catalogue).

We should institute a “shocking twist” survivor rule (to be enacted whenever the host feels like it) where after one giant round (such as this) the three songs from each album with the least amount of votes progress and everything else is culled.

When The River Runs Deep would actually be a much better song, by at least a point or two, if there were simply no vocals during the intro. Bruce's voice on that intro is just so grating and the melody is obnoxious. The rest of the song is cool.

same applies to it's mate Dream of Mirrors.

I still don’t understand the hate for “When The River Runs Deep”.
My problem with the song, on the other hand, is that the instrumental section is twice as long as it needs to be.

Back