Iron Maiden pictures

I understand where he is coming from. The smoke from the flares must be a nightmare for a singer. But spitting? I highly doubt anyone was spitting them. Unless it was some drunk/high/whatever idiot. But that is not common. But us Greeks, we are kind of hot blooded :)

I understand where he is coming from. The smoke from the flares must be a nightmare for a singer. But spitting? I highly doubt anyone was spitting them. Unless it was some drunk/high/whatever idiot. But that is not common. But us Greeks, we are kind of hot blooded :)

Check the 2 Minutes to Midnight video I posted. Someone was spitting at Steve and they even stopped playing!

I remember seeing those Athens '99 clips earlier few years ago or so, but anyways, I can't understand that use of flares, really stupid behaviour from the people there and particularly this because the audience were told not to use them, but of course they woudn't follow the simple rules given. Spitting even.
Someone who had been there told me that the air did blow the smoke to the stage, it made practically impossible for the band to breath there. They stopped playing and Bruce gave long speech..

449f554988c5ee6003315a0944f5b5cd.jpg

Not sure if this one has been posted before, but it's Adrian in the (awesome) long jacket he wore occasionally on the Somewhere in Time tour.

I only just found this photo for the first time – I didn't think there were any of Adrian in that jacket around!

I'm more curious about that headstock - it's looks to be painted white. I think I've seen pics of the Jackson in the studio with a white headstock, but I always assumed it was replaced with the current one before the tour, but apparently not. Neat.

(The coat ought to be burned, though.)

Adrian's picture was taken in Poland, Somewhere on the Road Tour 1986, Warsaw, Torwar Arena. I perfectly remember the original article from "Magazyn Muzyczny" - one of the very few Polish rock-oriented magazines at these times. Great souvenir and memories.

Thanks for the context RLonger! I know Adrian also wore the jacket at the 2nd night at Sheffield as there is bootleg recording of that gig up on youtube (Bruce had a cold that night and sounds awful). Seems like he gave up wearing it fairly early on in the tour :lol:

The coat ought to be burned, though.
It might be better if the shoulder pads were removed (but hey, it was the '80s ...) As it is it looks like he nicked it from Prince's wardrobe :D

Anyone else notice that there are more than a few photos from the so-called "classic era" which show Adrian apparently dressed for a completely different occasion to the rest of the band?

Is this really the Eddie from the Twilight Zone single cover on Bruce jacket, or is it a photoshop?

Attachments

• bruceandjanick.jpg
    bruceandjanick.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 37
449f554988c5ee6003315a0944f5b5cd.jpg

Not sure if this one has been posted before, but it's Adrian in the (awesome) long jacket he wore occasionally on the Somewhere in Time tour.

I only just found this photo for the first time – I didn't think there were any of Adrian in that jacket around!

This photo is probably from one of the first few dates of SOT. AFAIK, his HSH Jackson got re-necked early in this tour with another neck without the painted headstock that was based on his 57 Stratocaster and is still on this guitar today.

Back